HP Laptop Warranty

XPostFacto

VIP Member
May 17, 2013
The Sticks
I purchased a laptop last November as a Christmas present for my wife. Just recently, I received an online message to renew my extended warranty by October 31 to lock in the present price for a 2-year extended warranty for the "low" price of just $149.95.

The warranty reads as follows:

HP 2 year Accidental Damage Protect w/3 day Onsite Response 1 yr warranty HP/Compaq/Pavilion Notebook

Upon first looking at it, you would think it is for 2 years, but after reading some reviews, I discovered that if your present warranty has run for 6 months, then you are really paying for a warranty that will be running for 1 year and 6 months. Well, my original extended warranty will be up on November 4 so I am assuming that this warranty will actually be for 2 years. Now, the next part of this add says "1 yr warranty", so that makes no sense to me. I tried to call HP for clarification. I did manage to call this number: 1-888-999-4747.

I called the number and got some foreign sounding woman, who put me on hold for the warranty office. Music began to play, then stopped. I could hear people talking in the background in some foreign language, but no one ever answered the phone. I finally gave up in disgust. It looks like that I shouldn't have bought this HP laptop. Now, the laptop is working fine, but I need a warranty that will fix an electronic failure, not the fact that I dropped it and damaged it, but if that's what it takes, I suppose I could say I dropped it, just to get a repairman in 3 days. If only HP would word their warranties in understandable language.

Does anybody have any experience at buying these extended warranties from HP?

Forum List

Back