Howdy from Colorado

Big_John

Dec 4, 2021
Colorado Western Slope
I honestly joined here, because I enjoyed reading and participating in the threads that are more societal and political in nature and many other forums I am on are being damaged, by too much of this and those forums straying from their core topics.

Anyway, the wife and I are 33 years married, empty-nesters. We have four children, three married, and 9 grand children. This past summer, we moved from Colorado Springs, CO, escaping the Front Range chaos and population explosion, to the Western Slope. We live in a tiny western town of only 500 people and we LOVE IT! We are very strong Conservative Christians, who bend hard to Libertarianism.

I am of the opinion that we need to start over. Government has gotten too big and it needs to be reeled back.

I have many more opinions and those will leak out of me over time, but I am a Patriot and I love America. I just wish it were the America I grew up in.

Decided to edit and add this bit of info.......

By the way, I have recently been blessed with a new outlook in life.

Two weeks ago I nearly died.

The morning of Saturday, November 6, I started feeling poorly. By 7pm I had a 103.8 fever and was miserable. By Tuesday I tested and Thursday found out that I was COVID positive.

I will spare you all the specifics, but I ended up being hospitalized for 5 days. I was discharged with home Oxygen at lunch on Thanksgiving day.

Two days later, I nearly died, when my left lung collapsed, a pneumothorax. My O2 levels cratered into the 50's and I nearly checked out, before the wife got me to the ER. Four more days in the hospital and the Docs sent me home.

I have now been home for 5 days and I am doing very well. By the way, two days after I got sick, the wife did as well and we both tested positive. Her case was less violent and she was well in two weeks.

Great news... we are both, stock-full of natural immunity.

And no.... we were not vaccinated. We aren't anti-vaccers.... we just wanted to be more patient regarding the stuff they are ramming in the American public, to see how that turns out over time.... before we decide to get the poke.

Last edited:
so lets discuss the american you think you grew up in...the one where polio was eradicated...where everyone paid taxes and you had common goals etc and so forth...

seems everyone crows about the good old days but wont realize why they were good? strong unions etc

so lets discuss the american you think you grew up in...the one where polio was eradicated...where everyone paid taxes and you had common goals etc and so forth...

seems everyone crows about the good old days but wont realize why they were good? strong unions etc
I knew when Bill Clinton and that evil bitch of his were sworn in, this country would go down to a bunch of tatted up freaks. To a bunch of classless pieces of fucking shit

I will likely stay away from Zone 3. I have turned over a new leaf and I simply want to live in peace with my American sisters and brothers. It's just too stressful to constantly be in a fight.

Matter of fact, when April/May rolls around, I will spend far, far less time on the laptop and much, much more time in the kayak, fishing for lake trout.

I honestly joined here, because I enjoyed reading and participating in the threads that are more societal and political in nature and many other forums I am on are being damaged, by too much of this and those forums straying from their core topics.

Anyway, the wife and I are 33 years married, empty-nesters. We have four children, three married, and 9 grand children. This past summer, we moved from Colorado Springs, CO, escaping the Front Range chaos and population explosion, to the Western Slope. We live in a tiny western town of only 500 people and we LOVE IT! We are very strong Conservative Christians, who bend hard to Libertarianism.

I am of the opinion that we need to start over. Government has gotten too big and it needs to be reeled back.

I have many more opinions and those will leak out of me over time, but I am a Patriot and I love America. I just wish it were the America I grew up in.

Welcome, fellow Coors enthusiast.

Three questions:

1. How do you breathe being that high uphill?

2. How do you breathe with all that damned pot smoke in the air?

3. Why is your clock running an hour slower than mine?

:laughing0301:

One thing I noticed rather fast was how fucking dumb our libturds here are in general

It is a very unique stupid too. I can already see by your first post you are a fine American and happy to have you aboard

I will likely stay away from Zone 3. I have turned over a new leaf and I simply want to live in peace with my American sisters and brothers. It's just too stressful to constantly be in a fight.

Matter of fact, when April/May rolls around, I will spend far, far less time on the laptop and much, much more time in the kayak, fishing for lake trout.

LOLOL.I love Zone 3. I love the rough and tumble of disagreeing with people. We love people with sense of humors here too. Not enough of it here

Welcome, fellow Coors enthusiast.

Three questions:

1. How do you breathe being that high uphill?

2. How do you breathe with all that damned pot smoke in the air?

3. Why is your clock running an hour slower than mine?

:laughing0301:
They must really get high with the weed and the altitude and O2 deprivation

Never done a drug and never smoked weed. I do enjoy a fine Bourbon.

Once again, as long as your actions aren't negatively affecting me and mine, I don't care what you do. Thankfully none of my neighbors smoke week, or we would have a problem, cause I can't stand the smell of it.

a1621c7aa39257e3e787859ec8b6547d.jpg

Welcome to the Jungle...

Zone 3 is child's play. You haven't really made the grade here until you hit zone 4.

If there is a downside to it, it's just that I find it a little lonely in there with me being the only one in it.

Forum List

Back