How will the anti God crowd act if Jesus comes soon.

The bible is merely a book and has imperfections and inconsistancies in it like any other book.

You're gonna have to point it out but better maybe with a link .that is one of many theories by evolutionist that all of humanity originated from africa over 100,000 years ago.

There is no way to know how many humans were around 6,000 years ago because none of us were there. The only way to estimate is by knowing how many were present at the time.

The bible say's there were 8 people after the flood. The bible say's 6,000 years ago there were only two people adam and eve.
It's from YOUR OWN link and the author of the article YOU CITED for the 5,000 year crap.

Well if the population was around 200 million people only two thousand years ago man couldn't have been on the earth as long as evolutionist say.

Maybe that 5,000 year crap is a little more accurate then you think.
If the guy was accurate with the 5,000 year crap, and he actually gave it as closer to 2,000, then he is accurate with the 100,000 year crap, it's the SAME guy!!!

Tell me have you stoned your disobedient children to death?

I'm pretty sure none of us would not like to follow the laws of a being so mentally limited as to believe that stoning a child to death is a good thing.

And then there's the whole selling daughters into slavery thing....

No, has anyone following God's law ever stoned a child ?

Bad things have happened in slavery, but remember there were no companies like micro soft for people to work for. It was necessary for survival for people to become slaves sorry but that is reality.

Not every family owned land and livestock for survival. Yeah it was tough to make it back then nothing like it is today.

Another fine example of where God screwed up the 10 Commandments

Moses leads his people out of slavery, marches them across the desert and God gives him his law.

Out of ten commandments, God spends four telling people to kiss his ass, spends one to tell people not to covet

But slavery? God seems to like the idea

If you ask the Jews they will say there is over 600 laws.

It's from YOUR OWN link and the author of the article YOU CITED for the 5,000 year crap.

Well if the population was around 200 million people only two thousand years ago man couldn't have been on the earth as long as evolutionist say.

If the guy was accurate with the 5,000 year crap, and he actually gave it as closer to 2,000, then he is accurate with the 100,000 year crap, it's the SAME guy!!!

No he is not and there is no way to know a number 100,000 years ago.

The worlds population was only 200 million 2,000 years ago roughly.

It took 3,000 years to grow the population to 200 million.

So by going by those numbers that would put the population at the time of the flood around 70 million.

Half that number roughly would be female so how many of them were pregnant ?

No if a man commits rape and the woman cries out for help the man should be put to death.

You can't rape the willing,so if they have consensual sex they are to be forever bound to each other.

You have to quit cherry picking scriptures.

Cherry picking scriptures? So I should stop quoting the Bible?

You cherry pick scriptures on here night and day. I can't help that you disagree with the Bible and your God on how rape victims should be handled, I am glad you disagree with him in this instance though.

That was not rape,you quoted something about consensual sex.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 "If a man is caught in the act of raping a young..." NLT - Online Bible Study

"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, 29 he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. Deuteronomy 22:28-29

From a christian website, I'm glad you take issue with your God on this one. I couldn't get you to admit infanticide is immoral, but I guess I could with the whole rape victims marrying their rapist scenario.

Cherry picking scriptures? So I should stop quoting the Bible?

You cherry pick scriptures on here night and day. I can't help that you disagree with the Bible and your God on how rape victims should be handled, I am glad you disagree with him in this instance though.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 "If a man is caught in the act of raping a young..." NLT - Online Bible Study

"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, 29 he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. Deuteronomy 22:28-29

From a christian website, I'm glad you take issue with your God on this one. I couldn't get you to admit infanticide is immoral, but I guess I could with the whole rape victims marrying their rapist scenario.

Hello is anybody in there?

Deu 22:25 But if a man finds an engaged girl in the field, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man that lay with her shall die.
Deu 22:26 But you shall do nothing to the girl. No sin worthy of death is in the girl; for as when a man rises against his neighbor and slays him, even so is this matter.
Deu 22:27 For he found her in the field, the engaged girl cried out, but there was none to save her.
Deu 22:28 If a man finds a girl, a virgin not engaged, and lays hold on her, and lies with her, and they are found,
Deu 22:29 then the man who lay with her shall give to the girl's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife. Because he has humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

Verse 25 is the one describing rape.

Last edited:

Deu 22:25 But if a man finds an engaged girl in the field, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man that lay with her shall die.
Deu 22:26 But you shall do nothing to the girl. No sin worthy of death is in the girl; for as when a man rises against his neighbor and slays him, even so is this matter.
Deu 22:27 For he found her in the field, the engaged girl cried out, but there was none to save her.
Deu 22:28 If a man finds a girl, a virgin not engaged, and lays hold on her, and lies with her, and they are found,
Deu 22:29 then the man who lay with her shall give to the girl's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife. Because he has humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

Don't take issue with me, take issue with the christian website. There's no reason for me to think yours is right and mine is wrong.

Bad things have happened in slavery, but remember there were no companies like micro soft for people to work for. It was necessary for survival for people to become slaves sorry but that is reality.

Not every family owned land and livestock for survival. Yeah it was tough to make it back then nothing like it is today.

Moses leads his people out of slavery, marches them across the desert and God gives him his law.

Out of ten commandments, God spends four telling people to kiss his ass, spends one to tell people not to covet

Yes, God saw fit to set laws on eating pork and shellfish, covering your head, not using transportation ....

But still thought slavery was a good idea

No he is not and there is no way to know a number 100,000 years ago.

The worlds population was only 200 million 2,000 years ago roughly.

It took 3,000 years to grow the population to 200 million.

So by going by those numbers that would put the population at the time of the flood around 70 million.

Half that number roughly would be female so how many of them were pregnant ?
Yes he is!!! You can't say he is right about the 5,000 years, which he actually said was closer to 2,000 years, and he is all wet about the 100,000 years. If he's wrong about the 100,000 years and the 2,000 years then he's wrong about the 5,000 years and everything else. The other sources in your article gave a few thousand years, 3,000 years, and 3,500 years so no one else supports the 5,000 years and the person who gave the2,000 to 5,000 years said it was PROBABLY closer to 2,000 years.

Give it rest. No one gives a shit. None of you are going to change your mind. Your "spiritual condition" wont allow it :D

You missed the point.

Statisticians: Common Ancestor of All Humans Lived 5,000 Years Ago!

That was the title of an important news article published in July of 2006 (here is a pdf version in case the link is ever taken down). The substance of the article threatens to throw icy cold water on more than just one Evolutionary doctrine. It showed that all of humanity is likely descended from a recent common ancestor who lived only 5,000 years ago (which fits very nicely with the timeframe of the Great Flood of Noah's day).

They were talking about descendants.
FOX chose to use the high number and ignore the article saying that the the number was PROBABLY closer to the low end of 2,000 years. So the improbable high number was chosen to fit the bible rather than the probability! Furthermore the author who gave the 2000 to 5000 range put the origin of our species at over 100,000 years ago in Africa. So there had to be trillions of people on the Earth at the time of Noah's flood by the same calculations you use to explain the 6 billion people since Noah timeline, multiplied by a factor of 20. :lol:

From the article you cite above:

"It's a mathematical certainty that that person existed," said science journalist Steve Olson, whose 2002 book "Mapping Human History" traces the history of the species since its origins in Africa more than 100,000 years ago.

With the help of a statistician, a computer scientist and a supercomputer, Olson has calculated just how interconnected the human family tree is.
You would have to go back in time only 2,000 to 5,000 years — and probably on the low side of that range — to find somebody who could count every person alive today as a descendant.

You're gonna have to point it out but better maybe with a link .that is one of many theories by evolutionist that all of humanity originated from africa over 100,000 years ago.

There is no way to know how many humans were around 6,000 years ago because none of us were there. The only way to estimate is by knowing how many were present at the time.

The bible say's there were 8 people after the flood. The bible say's 6,000 years ago there were only two people adam and eve.

However there were wives available in Nod for their children...

FOX chose to use the high number and ignore the article saying that the the number was PROBABLY closer to the low end of 2,000 years. So the improbable high number was chosen to fit the bible rather than the probability! Furthermore the author who gave the 2000 to 5000 range put the origin of our species at over 100,000 years ago in Africa. So there had to be trillions of people on the Earth at the time of Noah's flood by the same calculations you use to explain the 6 billion people since Noah timeline, multiplied by a factor of 20. :lol:

From the article you cite above:

However there were wives available in Nod for their children...

Also shows the Bible essentially promotes inbreeding.

not to mention it is okay to kill in war.

God ordered Israel to never go to war unless ordered by God through the prophets and when they did go against What God ordered they got whipped.

A man has a right to protect himself even taking the life of another to do it.

Most wars were fought because of mans choice not God's choice.

"Yahweh" is an abbreviation of the longer name, "Yahweh Sabaoth." It means, "he who musters armies."

Thus Yahweh's name identifies the god primarily as the military leader of the tribe.

Yahweh is an accepted name for the Almighty,but through superstition no one knows for sure because the Jews believed the Almighty's name was to Holy to even speak. so only a certain few knew the name and spoke it but over the years it became lost.

I really am not sure but "YAHWEH" or "JEHOVAH" i am ok with,but the name JESUS there is no doubt for me.

Do you think the world would be a better place if man obeyed the laws of God ?

The other two people i asked this question would not answer it.

I'm pretty sure none of us would not like to follow the laws of a being so mentally limited as to believe that stoning a child to death is a good thing.

But you said that since we are not following god's law that we should all be punished.

One of god's laws is to stone children to death.

I suggest you comply or face the consequences.

And forcing women who were raped to marry their rapist.

But hey only God knows the true heart, so we're all wrong and innocent rape victims should marry their rapists, that's the moral thing to do :eusa_angel:.

What are you talking about ?

Man are sinful we do deserve to die according to the laws of God but God did something so we didn't have to die.

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

Another example of something horribly immoral in the Old Testament, that half of the book should be ripped out and burned.

Yeah who gives a shit that the girl might not want to marry the fucking animal that raped her.

In Joshua’s (supposed) wars of conquest, God gets right in there. He throws down ‘great stones from heaven’ (Joshua 10.11) and scores a better body-count than his Israelites with mere swords. When the Lord gets up a real head of steam the slaughter reaches a truly epic scale. For merely looking into his Ark, Yahweh wipes out fifty thousand and seventy unfortunate men of Bethshemesh (1 Samuel 6.19).

Yes,he did,he got right in there and destroyed the first born of Egypt to but Egypt made that choice by choosing to destroy Israel's first born. The tables got turned on them.

Deu 32:35

(ASV) Vengeance is mine, and recompense, At the time when their foot shall slide: For the day of their calamity is at hand, And the things that are to come upon them shall make haste.

(BBE) Punishment is mine and reward, at the time of the slipping of their feet: for the day of their downfall is near, sudden will be their fate.

His vengeance is coming again soon.

But you said that since we are not following god's law that we should all be punished.

One of god's laws is to stone children to death.

I suggest you comply or face the consequences.

God also commands his followers to kill non-believers, he's responsible for genocide and infanticide and he demands his followers execute those very things.

So according to the Bible, a holy war needs to happen until billions and billions of men women, children and babies are murdered and their bodies piled up for the believers to get rid of.

In Joshua’s (supposed) wars of conquest, God gets right in there. He throws down ‘great stones from heaven’ (Joshua 10.11) and scores a better body-count than his Israelites with mere swords. When the Lord gets up a real head of steam the slaughter reaches a truly epic scale. For merely looking into his Ark, Yahweh wipes out fifty thousand and seventy unfortunate men of Bethshemesh (1 Samuel 6.19).

Yes,he did,he got right in there and destroyed the first born of Egypt to but Egypt made that choice by choosing to destroy Israel's first born. The tables got turned on them.

Deu 32:35

(ASV) Vengeance is mine, and recompense, At the time when their foot shall slide: For the day of their calamity is at hand, And the things that are to come upon them shall make haste.

(BBE) Punishment is mine and reward, at the time of the slipping of their feet: for the day of their downfall is near, sudden will be their fate.

His vengeance is coming again soon.

Sad that your god viewed the babies of the Egyptians responsible for the deaths.

Thankfully man's moral compass has evolved thousands of years beyond that kind of practice being acceptable.

Don't take issue with me, take issue with the christian website. There's no reason for me to think yours is right and mine is wrong.

Please accept my sincere apology,that is exactly why there are so many religions.

Not a fan of mans religions.

Yes, God saw fit to set laws on eating pork and shellfish, covering your head, not using transportation ....

But still thought slavery was a good idea

What do you think would have happened to the many that had no land or no livestock if they didn't become slaves ?

Forum List

Back