How Will Sessions Weaponize the FBI IG Report?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Since he already has a criminal referral from the Senate in regards to the FISA warrant this looks like a simple process to me but I am not a lawyer. What are the processes needed for implementation?

Since this involves crimes during and probably by the previous administration how will that best be handled?

The Inspector General cannot press charges...........only report information that is found and deliver it to the DOJ.

If the data shows crimes committed or release of classified data then the DOJ has an obligation to Investigate any and all possible crimes committed................But the DOJ uses the same people in the FBI and other agencies to do this investigation.

Since those being Investigating cannot and will not investigate themselves the DOJ would have no other choice but to recommend an Independent Council to Investigate, and charge and prosecute any crimes committed there.

I believe that is what will happen from what I've heard..............The FBI, NSA, and etc.............will not PUT THEIR SELVES IN JAIL.

I tend to agree with you on the law but that isn't within my circle of competence. However the political part is what is tricky.

I tend to agree with you on the law but that isn't within my circle of competence. However the political part is what is tricky.
I agree and I'm voicing an opinion based on others thinking that it will head that way.

The politics of our government agencies should be removed but of course they aren't. It is clear that politicians have used them as weapons against civilians in the past under many administrations.......Any move to end that or expose that completely to the public is in the best interest of our Nation.

Given that I have serious problems throwing these agencies under a bus as most of those working in these agencies are honorable people who serve the public and do their jobs very well. Finding needles in a hay stack and stopping potential attacks against us time and time again.

They never get the credit they deserve for what they do right.........only get scorn when they don't find every needle.

I agree and I'm voicing an opinion based on others thinking that it will head that way.

The politics of our government agencies should be removed but of course they aren't. It is clear that politicians have used them as weapons against civilians in the past under many administrations.......Any move to end that or expose that completely to the public is in the best interest of our Nation.

Given that I have serious problems throwing these agencies under a bus as most of those working in these agencies are honorable people who serve the public and do their jobs very well. Finding needles in a hay stack and stopping potential attacks against us time and time again.

They never get the credit they deserve for what they do right.........only get scorn when they don't find every needle.

Running a six nines organization in intelligence is especially hard because of all the dis and mis information propagated by all parties. Also the results tend to be obscene. Innocent bystanders are killed, wounded and abused in all foreign policy initiatives even in humanitarian operations. I suspect that even separate buildings for counter-intelligence would not work but would probably triple the budget of the FBI.

Forum List

Back