How will Osama's death affect the war on terror?

But, I thought Bush didn't care about Bin Laden? I thought Bush said he wasn't concerned about Bin Laden? Are Republicans calling Bush a "liar"? Oops.
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh......Lil' Dumbya was just confused, from-time-to-time......

george%20bush%20looking%20stupid.jpg

Sorry, that's not why, dumbass. You don't seem to understand chain of command.

Oh....an attempt at ironic sarcasm from a liberal. SOOOO original!!!!

No. I get the chain of command. He's numero uno. I'm pointing out the irony that he spent 8 years fighting to undermine and tarnish the war effort of George W Bush.....and now proudly claims the fruit of that tree he tried to chop down. Ironic, no?

And he is ending the wars. Iraq, the most egregious (lie) error and most assuredly the most expensive Bush faux pas and now Afghanistan. Repubs were always whining about not getting out too quickly because the military would be placed in harms way.

Now you all are pissed that Bush's wars are still going on.

Go figure.

Ya so instead he attacks Libya....alrighty then

Just having some nostalgic memories of back in 2004-2008, back when war was bad. When invading countries that didn't attack us was evil. When bombing a country that produces oil meant "War for Oil" and that you were in bed with big oil.

Glad to see war is cool again!!! Yay!!!

My POV about those wars hasn't changed.

It was a bad war when Bush II started it, it's still a bad war now while Obama continues it.

And regardless of which party gets the Oval Office, if that POTUS continues this occupation and "nation building" that will continue to be a bad idea AFAIC.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Can't help but now notice the irony. Obama spent 8 years trying to undercut the war efforts.

Did he?

Reads like right wing "this Black POTUS cannot do anyting right" Poppycock to me

I wish you were right that Obama had "undercut" the war efforts, but you're dead wrong about that.

The above POV is so obviously wrong, in fact, that I wonder why you would bother to advance such an obvious falsehood?

Do you really believe that you can change our grasp of the bleeding obvious merely by telling us something that is clearly not true?

Buc just can't stand the events of yesterday. That's it.

Can't help but now notice the irony. Obama spent 8 years trying to undercut the war efforts. Now, he enjoys the fruit of the tree he spent 8 years trying to chop down. And by doing so, confirms we did in fact have ground troops, on the ground, inside Pakistan. I applaued the military effort. I just can't help but note the presidential irony.

Is that because you're an idiot? Of course it is..
You are an idiot. Obama wanted to pull out of afghanistan, he campaigned on it, now he is taking credit for getting bin laden. I applaud the troops and give credit to BUSH for having the spine to go after him.

Just having some nostalgic memories of back in 2004-2008, back when war was bad. When invading countries that didn't attack us was evil. When bombing a country that produces oil meant "War for Oil" and that you were in bed with big oil.

Glad to see war is cool again!!! Yay!!!

What is your point, fuckstick? War IS bad. Invading countries that had absolutely nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks IS bad. Bombing countries that don't pose a threat to us IS bad. I am being a little more nostalgic about this:

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
- G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI

of course, then Dubya took his eye off the ball and we got THIS:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

Note to bucs90

That tree was not growing in Iraq. It was in Pakistan, just where President Obama said it was

Last edited:
I congratulate former President George Bush for killing the hated terrorist Osama bin Laden

Don't forget to blame Carter, Clinton and Obama for the worst domestic attack in our history.
"Long before 9/11, the White House debated taking the fight to al-Qaeda. By the time they decided, it was too late. The saga of a lost chance."

As the new Administration took office, Rice kept Clarke in his job as counterterrorism czar. In early February, he repeated to Vice President Dick Cheney the briefing he had given to Rice and Hadley. There are differing opinions on how seriously the Bush team took Clarke's warnings. Some members of the outgoing Administration got the sense that the Bush team thought the Clintonites had become obsessed with terrorism.

"It was clear," says one, "that this was not the same priority to them that it was to us."

bush_jackdaniels.jpg

I'm an idiot? For noticing how a man is taking credit for the pinnacle of a war effort which he fought to undercut from 2002-2008???

I think your willingness to blindly bow down to someone is idiotic.

Thank you military for winning these wars!

Sorry, that's not why, dumbass. You don't seem to understand chain of command.
You are the dumb ass. It is the military that did the work. Obamaturd will use this as a campaign stance.

Can't help but now notice the irony. Obama spent 8 years trying to undercut the war efforts. Now, he enjoys the fruit of the tree he spent 8 years trying to chop down. And by doing so, confirms we did in fact have ground troops, on the ground, inside Pakistan. I applaued the military effort. I just can't help but note the presidential irony.

You are an idiot. Obama wanted to pull out of afghanistan, he campaigned on it, now he is taking credit for getting bin laden. I applaud the troops and give credit to BUSH for having the spine to go after him.

No, he did not.

Go back and check if you doubt me.

In my opinion, as it regards these central asian wars, it would not have mattered who won in 2008.

If Hillary had won we'd still be there.

If McCain had won, we'd still be there.

Obama won, and he flat out told us what he would do.

During his campaign he said he'd do exactly what he's doing.

You can deny that fact, but you're misinformed, if you believe it.

Last edited:
Ossama Dead!

Of all of the things I realistically expected from Obama this was on the top of my list. Thank You!!! Mr. President!! For a job well done!

That is all.

No politician has ever done anything to help kill any person in battle.

partisan hacks need to thank the men and women that put thier lives on the line, not somebody wearing a suit and tie complaining that the AC isn't working.

I disagree. Obama definitely got out of the way on this one and corralled the proper resources to get the job done.

So what you are saying is; He did nothing and you are thanking him for doing nothing, and forgetting the men and women that put themselves in harms way.

Fuck you,

From all the men and women that have died to kill that SOB.

You want a fight, President Bush? Let’s finish the fight with Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings.

Barack Obama, from his speech opposing the Iraq war - October 2002

Ossama Dead!

Of all of the things I realistically expected from Obama this was on the top of my list. Thank You!!! Mr. President!! For a job well done!

That is all.

I would just like to publicly thank CaliforniaGirl for the neg rep for my OP. Exposing yourself and your true colors is well worth it. I will not add to the perfect description of your loyalties displayed with an insult. Of course I would have offered you a PM but for obvious reason you cannot accept one. Please delete the flag in your avie, skank..it is an insult to see your image wrapped in it.
How disgusting! There was nothing in your OP that deserved a neg rep.

But what would you expect from someone who defends Nazi re-enactors?

Really?

Then what did Obama do to deserve all these props?

Did he enlist?
Does he know what war is like?
Did he plan the raid?

Or did he involve himself in decision making that he didn't even need to bother with?

Don't get me wrong, Bush was no better. But lets give credit where credit is due.

Ossama Dead!

That is all.

I would just like to publicly thank CaliforniaGirl for the neg rep for my OP. Exposing yourself and your true colors is well worth it. I will not add to the perfect description of your loyalties displayed with an insult. Of course I would have offered you a PM but for obvious reason you cannot accept one. Please delete the flag in your avie, skank..it is an insult to see your image wrapped in it.
I don't get that attitude among some rightwingers, it can only be sour grapes.

Of course Obama deserves some thanks. He could have easily told the military and intelligence community that bin laden wasn't important and to stop trying to find him.

We needed that fucktard to die for what he did.

Thank you, President Obama. And President Bush. And President Clinton. And the military and intelligence community.

A job well done.

Last edited by a moderator:
OUTFUNKING STANDING to the Navy Seals and all the Men and Women of our Armed services who made it happen. Job well done People.

NavySealsJollyRoger_Design.jpg

You want a fight, President Bush? Let’s finish the fight with Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings.

Barack Obama, from his speech opposing the Iraq war - October 2002

He changed THAT tune when he was campaigning though, did he not?

It was good advice then and it's STILL good advice.

Sadly, Obama would never have gotten the nod to run as the D candidate had he held that position.

Obama is politics as usual.

Hill would have given us politics as usual.

McCain would have givwen us politics as usual, too.

You have to be deluded by the propagandists to think otherwise.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back