How will Osama's death affect the war on terror?

Thank you to all those brave members of the military, especially those who specifically enlisted to fight that monster.

Wait.

What?

Obama didn't go to Pakistan and kill Osama himself? Well. Color me shocked.

Seriously..... our armed forces totally rock!!!

THANK YOU PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH.... for puting the military in place so that the hunt for this murderer could continue even after you left office.

:clap2:

Ossama Dead!

Of all of the things I realistically expected from Obama this was on the top of my list. Thank You!!! Mr. President!! For a job well done!

That is all.

I would just like to publicly thank CaliforniaGirl for the neg rep for my OP. Exposing yourself and your true colors is well worth it. I will not add to the perfect description of your loyalties displayed with an insult. Of course I would have offered you a PM but for obvious reason you cannot accept one. Please delete the flag in your avie, skank..it is an insult to see your image wrapped in it.

Ossama Dead!

Of all of the things I realistically expected from Obama this was on the top of my list. Thank You!!! Mr. President!! For a job well done!

That is all.

I would just like to publicly thank CaliforniaGirl for the neg rep for my OP. Exposing yourself and your true colors is well worth it. I will not add to the perfect description of your loyalties displayed with an insult. Of course I would have offered you a PM but for obvious reason you cannot accept one. Please delete the flag in your avie, skank..it is an insult to see your image wrapped in it.
How disgusting! There was nothing in your OP that deserved a neg rep.

But what would you expect from someone who defends Nazi re-enactors?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLXTfQcsHS0]YouTube - Raw Video: Fire at Poss. Bin Laden Raid Compound[/ame]

Link via Hot Air update thread on the big news of bin Laden's death.

It was a hell of a daring mission and again I credit President Obama for making the right call. He had the power to say it's a "go" or "no go" and he took an intelligent and calculated risk.

Also an update on where some of our info came about. That would be one Guantanamo Bay, Cuba...

Raid that got bin Laden was culmination of years of work, sr. admin officials say | Philip Klein | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

Some time after Sept. 11, detainees held by the U.S. told interrogators about a man believed to work as a courier for bin Laden, senior administration officials said. The man was described by detainees as a protégé of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and “one of the few Al Qaeda couriers trusted by bin laden.”

Initially, intelligence officials only had the man’s nickname, but they discovered his real name four years ago.

Two years ago, intelligence officials began to identify areas of Pakistan where the courier and his brother operated, and the great security precautions the two men took aroused U.S. suspicions.

Last August, intelligence officials tracked the men to their residence in Abbottabad, Pakistan, a relatively wealthy town 35 miles north of Islamabad where many retired military officers live.

Wow what a night, and what a job from the POTUS to the CIA, the Navy SEALS and right down the line. Congrats my fellow American's on a huge freaking victory for Justice.

I was looking for a thread to drop this into:

A medium-sized city, Abbottabad is home to a large Pakistani military base, a military academy of the Pakistani army, and a major hospital and other facilities that would could have served as support for Osama bin Laden.

It's very hard to believe the Pakis didn't know exactly where he was.

I was looking for a thread to drop this into:

A medium-sized city, Abbottabad is home to a large Pakistani military base, a military academy of the Pakistani army, and a major hospital and other facilities that would could have served as support for Osama bin Laden.

It's very hard to believe the Pakis didn't know exactly where he was.

I've read or heard that somewhere tonight but I don't have a link. Pakistan is a pretty messed up and complicated place.

One separate update:

U.S. tests bin Laden's DNA, used facial ID: official | Reuters

Bin Laden was identified by the assault force that killed him in a firefight in Pakistan in which he resisted and was shot in the head, the official said on condition of anonymity.

Results of the DNA tests should be available in the next few days, the official told Reuters.

The strike force was on the ground for less than 40 minutes and the operation was watched real-time by CIA Director Leon Panetta and other intelligence officials in a conference room at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, the official said.

"When word came in that the operation was a success, CIA officials in the conference room had a rather large applause," the official said.

DNA will hopefully quash any crazy conspiracy theory's that are surely already in the seed stage (or being added to old CT's) Man how cool to be in that room with Panetta and crew.

I imagine it went something like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otIL2cx2FQ8]YouTube - Classic Movie Line #20[/ame]

Can't help but now notice the irony. Obama spent 8 years trying to undercut the war efforts. Now, he enjoys the fruit of the tree he spent 8 years trying to chop down. And by doing so, confirms we did in fact have ground troops, on the ground, inside Pakistan. I applaued the military effort. I just can't help but note the presidential irony.

What I can't get over is how after 10 years of war, hundreds of thousands dead and even more displaced, and hundreds of billions of dollars spent on rockets, bombs, planes, tanks, ships, and soldiers in Afghanistan and the tribal areas of Pakistan, a single Special Ops team backed up by American and Pakistani intelligence took the guy out... not in Afghanistan or tribal Pakistan but in a mansion by the nice downtown area of a populous and developed city.

Can't help but now notice the irony. Obama spent 8 years trying to undercut the war efforts. Now, he enjoys the fruit of the tree he spent 8 years trying to chop down. And by doing so, confirms we did in fact have ground troops, on the ground, inside Pakistan. I applaued the military effort. I just can't help but note the presidential irony.

Is that because you're an idiot? Of course it is..

I'm an idiot? For noticing how a man is taking credit for the pinnacle of a war effort which he fought to undercut from 2002-2008???

I think your willingness to blindly bow down to someone is idiotic.

Thank you military for winning these wars!

I'm an idiot? For noticing how a man is taking credit for the pinnacle of a war effort which he fought to undercut from 2002-2008???

Sorry, that's not why, dumbass. You don't seem to understand chain of command.

Oh....an attempt at ironic sarcasm from a liberal. SOOOO original!!!!

No. I get the chain of command. He's numero uno. I'm pointing out the irony that he spent 8 years fighting to undermine and tarnish the war effort of George W Bush.....and now proudly claims the fruit of that tree he tried to chop down. Ironic, no?

No. I get the chain of command. He's numero uno. I'm pointing out the irony that he spent 8 years fighting to undermine and tarnish the war effort of George W Bush.....and now proudly claims the fruit of that tree he tried to chop down. Ironic, no?

And he is ending the wars. Iraq, the most egregious (lie) error and most assuredly the most expensive Bush faux pas and now Afghanistan. Repubs were always whining about not getting out too quickly because the military would be placed in harms way.

Now you all are pissed that Bush's wars are still going on.

Go figure.

And he is ending the wars. Iraq, the most egregious (lie) error and most assuredly the most expensive Bush faux pas and now Afghanistan. Repubs were always whining about not getting out too quickly because the military would be placed in harms way.

Now you all are pissed that Bush's wars are still going on.

Go figure.

I'm not pissed they are going on. I'm pissed about the rules of engagement the Obama admin forced down the throats of our military, however. Their rules of engagement in a war zone are more strict than that of a street cop in America. Seriously, look 'em up.

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-12186598281.jpg

Can't help but now notice the irony. Obama spent 8 years trying to undercut the war efforts.

Did he?

Reads like right wing "this Black POTUS cannot do anyting right" Poppycock to me

I wish you were right that Obama had "undercut" the war efforts, but you're dead wrong about that.

The above POV is so obviously wrong, in fact, that I wonder why you would bother to advance such an obvious falsehood?

Do you really believe that you can change our grasp of the bleeding obvious merely by telling us something that is clearly not true?

Can't help but now notice the irony. Obama spent 8 years trying to undercut the war efforts.

Did he?

Reads like right wing "this Black POTUS cannot do anyting right" Poppycock to me

I wish you were right that Obama had "undercut" the war efforts, but you're dead wrong about that.

The above POV is so obviously wrong, in fact, that I wonder why you would bother to advance such an obvious falsehood?

Do you really believe that you can change our grasp of the bleeding obvious merely by telling us something that is clearly not true?

Really? He was the ONLY senator, repeat, ONLY one to vote against the wars in 02/03. That was a central point of his 2008 campaign.

Wanna start with that? Obama's anti-war efforts from 02-08 are very clear.

This is all over Fox right now, and local radio. Saw it on CNN too. The intell for this operation began 4 years ago (thats 2007, under GWB). It was gathered from detainees. Yep, thats Gitmo. It was gathered 4 yrs ago, at Gitmo, under GWB, using enhanced interrogation, aka "torture". That intell, as reported, led to a relative speaking of some strange, massive house with 18 feet walls being built in Pakistan. That led to them discussing some new family living there, matching Osama Bin Laden's info. That 4 year long investigation, accomplished through detainee interrogation, Gitmo, and 2 different presidents, led to this.

Yes. Libs are right. Close Gitmo. End interrogation. Thank goodness Bush, AND Obama, didn't listen to their whining.

Of course this operation was created by George W. Bush.

The current "Imbecile-In-Chief" wouldn't know which end of the tube the round comes out of if handed a rifle.

Forum List

Back