How Will A Small Town In Arizona Manage An ICE Facility In Texas?

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The largest immigrant detention facility in the country is under construction in the brush country of South Texas, about 85 miles from Mexico. What's unusual is how the government bypassed the normal bidding process, using a small town in Arizona, 931 miles away, as the contractor.

The South Texas Family Residential Center sounds like it could be a pleasant apartment complex, but it's actually going to be a detention camp for female and child immigrants who arrived in the U.S. illegally from Central America.

Next to a state prison and a "man camp" — Texas lingo for oilfield worker housing — is where construction crews are installing modular buildings that will eventually hold 2,400 detainees, who will be technically in the custody of U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

The day-to-day operations of the jail will be handled by Corrections Corp. of America (CCA), the nation's largest for-profit prison company. But the contract and the money to run it will go to the town of Eloy, Ariz., two states — about 931 miles — away.

How Will A Small Town In Arizona Manage An ICE Facility In Texas NPR

I remind you that the CCA has lawsuits up the whazoo for abuses.

Homeless camps with real buildings, and showers, and doctors and everything? This for Latin American immigration criminals, a lot of them gangsters?

Why do you think it is, Disir, that marxist race-baiters don't give two shits about the thousands of refugee camps in America that look like this one? 3.5 million Americans live in these tent camps. Why are these American citizens so invisible to race-baiting marxists? Quite a mystery don't you think?

homeless.jpg

Homeless camps with real buildings, and showers, and doctors and everything? This for Latin American immigration criminals, a lot of them gangsters?

Why do you think it is, Disir, that marxist race-baiters don't give two shits about the thousands of refugee camps in America that look like this one? 3.5 million Americans live in these tent camps. Why are these American citizens so invisible to race-baiting marxists? Quite a mystery don't you think?

View attachment 33733

You are either slow or you had one too many.

Close and enforce the border.
No camps needed.

Next?

Pay no attention to the fact that it is going to be managed over 900 miles away and CCA got it via a no bid contract.

No camps needed.

Next?

Pay no attention to the fact that it is going to be managed over 900 miles away and CCA got it via a no bid contract.

Government is dishonest. I assumed you knew that?..oh..wait..you support dear leader obama, right? You aren't interested in honesty..especially in government.

No camps needed.
Problem solved.

No camps needed.

Next?

Government is dishonest. I assumed you knew that?..oh..wait..you support dear leader obama, right? You aren't interested in honesty..especially in government.

No camps needed.
Problem solved.

You are quite emotional. Pay attention to the money.

No camps needed.

Next?

No camps needed.
Problem solved.

Relating facts is now "emotional"..LMAO..
Yes..the money..Like I said no sensible person should be surprised that gvmt is dishonest.

Close and enforce the border immediately. No camps needed. Problem solved.

No camps needed.

Next?

No camps needed.
Problem solved.

The following is not a fact:Government is dishonest. I assumed you knew that?..oh..wait..you support dear leader obama, right? You aren't interested in honesty..especially in government.

This is you being an emotional asshat.

Yes..the money..Like I said no sensible person should be surprised that gvmt is dishonest.

The following is not about facts:

No camps needed.

Next?

It is not going to be managed by Eloy.

Here's how it will work with the new South Texas facility: ICE sends Eloy $290 million for the first year's expenses. The city passes that payment to CCA to run the facility. And CCA pays Eloy $438,000 a year to essentially act as its accountant — nothing more.
Eloy officials will have nothing to do with operations in Dilley. In fact, they don't even plan to visit South Texas. Krauss, the city manager, says CCA will represent Eloy and fulfill all the federal rules to ensure detainees are properly cared for.

No camps needed.

Next?

No camps needed.
Problem solved.

The following is not a fact:Government is dishonest. I assumed you knew that?..oh..wait..you support dear leader obama, right? You aren't interested in honesty..especially in government.

No camp needed.
Problem solved.

Care to address that?..or you can call me some more names..either way, you lose...carry on, counselor.

No camps needed.

Next?

Here's how it will work with the new South Texas facility: ICE sends Eloy $290 million for the first year's expenses. The city passes that payment to CCA to run the facility. And CCA pays Eloy $438,000 a year to essentially act as its accountant — nothing more.
Eloy officials will have nothing to do with operations in Dilley. In fact, they don't even plan to visit South Texas. Krauss, the city manager, says CCA will represent Eloy and fulfill all the federal rules to ensure detainees are properly cared for

Yes. It's CCA that will be taking care of the facility. They have a long history of law suits and violations. The Tax payers, and this is why you need to pay attention, will pay for those lawsuits. Not CCA.

No camps needed.

Next?

Eloy officials will have nothing to do with operations in Dilley. In fact, they don't even plan to visit South Texas. Krauss, the city manager, says CCA will represent Eloy and fulfill all the federal rules to ensure detainees are properly cared for

Yes. It's CCA that will be taking care of the facility. They have a long history of law suits and violations. The Tax payers, and this is why you need to pay attention, will pay for those lawsuits. Not CCA.

Why is this facility "necessary"?
Can you think of anything that would make facilities like this unnecessary?

No camps needed.
Problem solved.

No camp needed.
Problem solved.

Care to address that?..or you can call me some more names..either way, you lose...carry on, counselor.

I don't lose. I'm pretty damned vocal about my stance. You can address the issues raised in the OP not make attempts to alter the conversation because it is a little to deep for you.

No camps needed.
Problem solved.

No camp needed.
Problem solved.

I don't lose. I'm pretty damned vocal about my stance. You can address the issues raised in the OP not make attempts to alter the conversation because it is a little to deep for you.

1. Close and enforce the border.
2. The camp you refer to is therefore no longer needed.

Now..if you'll confine your remarks to addressing either point number 1 or point number 2 above without trying to change the subject we can continue.

No camp needed.
Problem solved.

1. Close and enforce the border.
2. The camp you refer to is therefore no longer needed.

Now..if you'll confine your remarks to addressing either point number 1 or point number 2 above without trying to change the subject we can continue.

You will address the OP or get bent.

No camps needed.

Next?

They are in the throws of dying out because they are losing contracts right and left in many States.

Forum List

Back