How well can Gerrymandering Work with AI?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Both parties want 90+% victories in opposition party majority districts. With appointments to the courts likely to be strict constructionist after the mid-terms, (The Ds have three times as many senate seats to defend than the Rs so the Ds will lose net senate seats this year.) the ideal gerrymandering plans will sail through state houses, how ideal will they be?

I just had a discussion on this subject with my wife that sparked this post. Governor Scott was known to be a sleazebag before he won his first term as FL governor he is also going to beat Nelson like a drum. Worse yet De Santos camped out in a house owned by a lobbyist while he was in DC and he will win the governorship because he is not quite as awful as Green the D candidate. I am overjoyed.

What will crawl out of the swamps when gerrymandering leads to D candidates here in FL that are too far left for membership in the CPUSA?

And this is nationwide already. What is going to happen when the state legislature has the technical means to ensure that the lone or possibly two congressional D districts elect candidates that even Maduro and Castro consider too radical and legitimately win elections by margins that Maduro and Castro can only dream of?

The exact opposite is largely true of the Blue Wall now and it will get worse too.

Both parties want 90+% victories in opposition party majority districts. With appointments to the courts likely to be strict constructionist after the mid-terms, (The Ds have three times as many senate seats to defend than the Rs so the Ds will lose net senate seats this year.) the ideal gerrymandering plans will sail through state houses, how ideal will they be?

I just had a discussion on this subject with my wife that sparked this post. Governor Scott was known to be a sleazebag before he won his first term as FL governor he is also going to beat Nelson like a drum. Worse yet De Santos camped out in a house owned by a lobbyist while he was in DC and he will win the governorship because he is not quite as awful as Green the D candidate. I am overjoyed.

What will crawl out of the swamps when gerrymandering leads to D candidates here in FL that are too far left for membership in the CPUSA?

And this is nationwide already. What is going to happen when the state legislature has the technical means to ensure that the lone or possibly two congressional D districts elect candidates that even Maduro and Castro consider too radical and legitimately win elections by margins that Maduro and Castro can only dream of?

The exact opposite is largely true of the Blue Wall now and it will get worse too.

Don't forget the dead voters! Was Florida ever successful in having dead voters purged from the rolls? I seem to remember the issue a couple years ago.

Don't forget the dead voters! Was Florida ever successful in having dead voters purged from the rolls? I seem to remember the issue a couple years ago.

Dead voters in D districts are generally ignored because they generate more radical and/or sleazy D candidates in state wide elections. State and federal prisons are also in the blue districts to deflect gerrymandering charges. Restoration of civil rights does not happen in FL and that is enforced rigidly in the voting rolls. Removing the dead voters from the rolls will come later when too many Ds come here. DUI/BUI enforcement even without prison time is the current way to get Ds off the rolls.

Forum List

Back