How Trump spent the war years

here I thought you were going to say by playing cards with William Jefferson Clinton. Or going to protest America in England. Funny how Clinton not being in Viet Nam isn't a problem for the left, well not all that funny.

Of course it is not a problem

Didn't see Clinton claiming POWs are not heroes .....I do have a problem with the leading Republican candidate thinking so

No he just dodged the draft and said he "loathed" the Military you idjit..... a slap in the face to EVERY veteran

Trump loathes POWs and he is the leading Republican TODAY!

Trumps quote is a week old while Clinton's in 45 years old

I loathe Trump, Bill "loathes" the Military and you do not care that Clinton slapped EVERY veteran in the face.

You leave much to be desired in the integrity dept RW, much.

Bill Clinton is not running....Trump is the leading GOP candidate

Stay focused

Oh I am completely focused on your complete lack of integrity.

Of course it is not a problem

Didn't see Clinton claiming POWs are not heroes .....I do have a problem with the leading Republican candidate thinking so

No he just dodged the draft and said he "loathed" the Military you idjit..... a slap in the face to EVERY veteran

I loathe Trump, Bill "loathes" the Military and you do not care that Clinton slapped EVERY veteran in the face.

Stay focused

I am completely focused on your lame attempts to derail the thread

"I was on my 23rd mission, flying right over the heart of Hanoi in a dive at about 4,500 feet, when a Russian missile the size of a telephone pole came up — the sky was full of them — and blew the right wing off my Skyhawk dive bomber," he wrote in a 1973 account of his ordeal. "It went into an inverted, almost straight-down spin. I pulled the ejection handle, and was knocked unconscious by the force of the ejection."

McCain regained consciousness when his parachute landed him in a lake. The explosion had shattered both arms and one of his legs. With 50 pounds of gear on him and one good limb, he struggled to swim to the surface.

North Vietnamese dragged him to shore. They stripped him to his underwear and began "hollering and screaming and cursing and spitting and kicking at me."

"One of them slammed a rifle butt down on my shoulder, and smashed it pretty badly," he wrote. "Another stuck a bayonet in my foot. The mob was really getting uptight." He was interrogated for four days, losing consciousness as his captors tried to beat information out of him. But he refused.

But Trump prefers the guys who weren't captured as his heroes
Is it possible to respect what McCain did without giving him a lifetime pass to be an idiot. Trump made a terrible comment but McCain has made multiple terrible comments and supported far too many turds coming out of Washington. I respect his service and admire his strength in an unbelievably difficult time. However, he does not receive a a pass from criticism on policy that affects us all. He is a war hero who is a terrible representative.

"I was on my 23rd mission, flying right over the heart of Hanoi in a dive at about 4,500 feet, when a Russian missile the size of a telephone pole came up — the sky was full of them — and blew the right wing off my Skyhawk dive bomber," he wrote in a 1973 account of his ordeal. "It went into an inverted, almost straight-down spin. I pulled the ejection handle, and was knocked unconscious by the force of the ejection."

McCain regained consciousness when his parachute landed him in a lake. The explosion had shattered both arms and one of his legs. With 50 pounds of gear on him and one good limb, he struggled to swim to the surface.

North Vietnamese dragged him to shore. They stripped him to his underwear and began "hollering and screaming and cursing and spitting and kicking at me."

"One of them slammed a rifle butt down on my shoulder, and smashed it pretty badly," he wrote. "Another stuck a bayonet in my foot. The mob was really getting uptight." He was interrogated for four days, losing consciousness as his captors tried to beat information out of him. But he refused.

Is it possible to respect what McCain did without giving him a lifetime pass to be an idiot. Trump made a terrible comment but McCain has made multiple terrible comments and supported far too many turds coming out of Washington. I respect his service and admire his strength in an unbelievably difficult time. However, he does not receive a a pass from criticism on policy that affects us all. He is a war hero who is a terrible representative.

If Trump wanted to attack McCains record for vets, it is fair game even though McCain has been fighting for vets for 40 years and Trump has been doing it for two weeks

But to sneer at McCains time as a POW as not being worthy of being a hero is unforgivable

I don't know how I feel about McCain's politics, but I respect him more than I respect Trump. Of course, McCain is a hero. Anyone who went to that terrible war to fight for our country is a hero in a way.

Stay focused

Look kid, just disavow your hero, I detest Trump for much more than his words but you don't care that your guys said something much worse.

Stay focused

Look kid, just disavow your hero, I detest Trump for much more than his words but you don't care that your guys said something much worse.

I don't really get too worked up about what a 20 year old said 45 years ago during a hated war

I do get worked up about what the leading candidate from the Republican Party said about POWs being losers and the fact that Republicans rallied around him

Stay focused

I don't really get too worked up about what a 20 year old said 45 years ago during a hated war

I do get worked up about what the leading candidate from the Republican Party said about POWs being losers and the fact that Republicans rallied around him

Agreed. That is disgusting.

Mccain-Trump.jpg

Nah! you are the one playing games.
See how you are now. Name calling and all. Hit a nerve on the pretender didn't I? LOL

Oh, Nam vet thing huh. Good try with trying to one up someone but that doesn't fit.
As long as the donald has people like you licking his boots. Keep up the good work "nam vet."
Insulting someone is how guys like you live.

11396539.gif

We all know he has much more class than the likes of those like you that don't get what the post is about.
I am not a McCain fan at all but he deserves his credit for his patriotic duty.Unlike "the donald." who finds any way to be unpatriotic.
His words do not reflect his actions.

Libtards erroneously believed McCain represented the majority of todays' vets...........:crybaby:.
All-Apologies.jpg

Aw, did the TRUTH upset you.... As a Nam Vet, Trump didn't upset me...OR my fellow Vets! You simply don't know what you are talking about!

Poll: Vets view Trump more favorably than war hero McCain!!!!!!!!!

BPR BizPac Review ^ | July 25, 2015 | Michael Dorstewitz
Veterans and military personnel apparently don’t mind what Donald Trump said about John McCain. A poll shows they view the Republican presidential candidate more favorably than they do the Arizona GOP senator. The YouGov.Economist poll was released on Friday.

Yes, the TRUTH when you scum can't use it to your advantage, becomes BULLSHIT... Thanks for playing NeoCommie!

See how you are now. Name calling and all. Hit a nerve on the pretender didn't I? LOL

Oh, Nam vet thing huh. Good try with trying to one up someone but that doesn't fit.
As long as the donald has people like you licking his boots. Keep up the good work "nam vet."

11396539.gif

We all know he has much more class than the likes of those like you that don't get what the post is about.
I am not a McCain fan at all but he deserves his credit for his patriotic duty.Unlike "the donald." who finds any way to be unpatriotic.

Aw, did the TRUTH upset you.... As a Nam Vet, Trump didn't upset me...OR my fellow Vets! You simply don't know what you are talking about!

Veterans and military personnel apparently don’t mind what Donald Trump said about John McCain. A poll shows they view the Republican presidential candidate more favorably than they do the Arizona GOP senator. The YouGov.Economist poll was released on Friday.

Yes, the TRUTH when you scum can't use it to your advantage, becomes BULLSHIT... Thanks for playing NeoCommie!

Oh my, you caught me using YOUR tactics...Me Bad! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Everyone that has ever made the statements like you have made always end up being phonies.
Have a nice day.Comrade
Taking the side of "the donald" you are gem but not a precious one.
80555-jack-nicholson-laughing-gif-DuRf.gif

You are not fucking nam vet or even a soldier. Living a fantasy on the internet.

Not a problem either, and it wasn't for "the donald" until he puts his foot into it by saying..."he only was a hero because he was captured. Loser.?

Republicans leading candidate for President

IT WAS THE spring of 1968, and Donald Trump had it good. He was 21 years old and handsome, with a full head of hair. He'd avoided the Vietnam War draft on his way to earning an Ivy League degree. He was fond of fancy dinners, beautiful women, and outrageous clubs.

Most important, he had a job in his father's real estate company and a brain bursting with moneymaking ideas that would make him a billionaire.

"When I graduated from college, I had a net worth of perhaps $200,000," he said in his 1987 autobiography Trump: The Art of the Deal, written with Tony Schwartz. (That's about $1.4 million in 2015 dollars.) "I had my eye on Manhattan."

More than 8,000 miles away, John McCain sat in a tiny, squalid North Vietnamese prison cell. The Navy pilot's body was broken from a plane crash, starvation, botched operations, and months of torture.

The stark contrast in their fortunes was thrown into sharp relief this month when Trump belittled McCain during a campaign speech in Iowa. "He's not a war hero," Trump said of McCain. "He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

here I thought you were going to say by playing cards with William Jefferson Clinton. Or going to protest America in England. Funny how Clinton not being in Viet Nam isn't a problem for the left, well not all that funny.

That's right, he was JUST LIKE THOUSANDS OF US THAT SERVED in Nam until he was captured and because of WHO HE WAS, it was made to order for him. Sorry he was severly hurt, BUT Hossfly, on this board is probably as bad off as McLame! Now Hossfly WAS a HERO, SAVING American lives!

OK Douchemaker, whatever you say! You got an MOS from when you were in service?

Seems you lump everyone into one statement. Wrong. But that is how you and your ilk work.
However, that is a bit off topic.Even President Clinton never cast a terrible remark about bushes service record...unlike "the donald".
So you have a new hero. In "the donald".

Not a problem either, and it wasn't for "the donald" until he puts his foot into it by saying..."he only was a hero because he was captured. Loser.?

Republicans leading candidate for President

IT WAS THE spring of 1968, and Donald Trump had it good. He was 21 years old and handsome, with a full head of hair. He'd avoided the Vietnam War draft on his way to earning an Ivy League degree. He was fond of fancy dinners, beautiful women, and outrageous clubs.

Most important, he had a job in his father's real estate company and a brain bursting with moneymaking ideas that would make him a billionaire.

"When I graduated from college, I had a net worth of perhaps $200,000," he said in his 1987 autobiography Trump: The Art of the Deal, written with Tony Schwartz. (That's about $1.4 million in 2015 dollars.) "I had my eye on Manhattan."

More than 8,000 miles away, John McCain sat in a tiny, squalid North Vietnamese prison cell. The Navy pilot's body was broken from a plane crash, starvation, botched operations, and months of torture.

The stark contrast in their fortunes was thrown into sharp relief this month when Trump belittled McCain during a campaign speech in Iowa. "He's not a war hero," Trump said of McCain. "He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

Oh right, I see your point. It's not like the left wing jumped on Bush for not going to Vietnam. As I recall you all said that the service he did do wasn't good enough. But good old Billy, free pass.

Everyone that has ever made the statements like you have made always end up being phonies.
Have a nice day.Comrade
Taking the side of "the donald" you are gem but not a precious one.
80555-jack-nicholson-laughing-gif-DuRf.gif

You are not fucking nam vet or even a soldier. Living a fantasy on the internet.

That's right, he was JUST LIKE THOUSANDS OF US THAT SERVED in Nam until he was captured and because of WHO HE WAS, it was made to order for him. Sorry he was severly hurt, BUT Hossfly, on this board is probably as bad off as McLame! Now Hossfly WAS a HERO, SAVING American lives!

OK Douchemaker, whatever you say! You got an MOS from when you were in service?
1979581_10152340220445520_621312311_n.jpg

Well, #4 is certainly you, and everything in #3 holds true, except when are you going to call me a racist?

Ya you did and you know why? Because you are a fake.
That makes it too easy.
Gotcha phoney boy.

01-05-gotcha.gif

11396539.gif

Oh my, you caught me using YOUR tactics...Me Bad! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

If Trump wanted to attack McCains record for vets, it is fair game even though McCain has been fighting for vets for 40 years and Trump has been doing it for two weeks

But to sneer at McCains time as a POW as not being worthy of being a hero is unforgivable
I understand the temptation to lump all experiences together when reflecting on a conversation. In our soundbite world, it is easy to pick apart something that was spoken in the heat of the moment. Anytime McCain makes a bonehead statement or supports a bill/person that is controversial, the "War Hero" mantra is turned up to 11. He wears it, whether intentionally or not, as a cloak that makes him immune to criticism. I think Trump was simply tired of stepping on egg shells and made a bonehead comment of his own. I don't even think Trump supports what Trump said.

I do believe that Trump is saying some things that need to be heard. Discounting his views would be a mistake. I also feel he is far too egocentric to be president. Anyone who cares more about their name/legacy has no place in the White House.

What is amazing is that when given the choice of a man who ridicules POWs and a genuine American hero........they side with Trump

Sad commentary on today's Republicans

Then let him say them in a diplomatic way, not like some third grader. He has been surrounded by "yes" men all his life. Which shows.
Think what he thinks about policy, by all means, but don't act like a jack-ass.

I understand the temptation to lump all experiences together when reflecting on a conversation. In our soundbite world, it is easy to pick apart something that was spoken in the heat of the moment. Anytime McCain makes a bonehead statement or supports a bill/person that is controversial, the "War Hero" mantra is turned up to 11. He wears it, whether intentionally or not, as a cloak that makes him immune to criticism. I think Trump was simply tired of stepping on egg shells and made a bonehead comment of his own. I don't even think Trump supports what Trump said.

I do believe that Trump is saying some things that need to be heard. Discounting his views would be a mistake. I also feel he is far too egocentric to be president. Anyone who cares more about their name/legacy has no place in the White House.

John McCain has fought for veterans his whole life. Trump has been doing it for two weeks

That Republucans think Trumpis a better representative of veterans issues is a travesty

Forum List

Back