How To Wean the Dependent Off Welfare

While we are in the process of shaming those who need food stamps, do we also get to publicaly shame employers who don't pay enough so their employees can feed their families?

How about a big sign that says...

I work for WalMart and I need Food Stamps

Get a job that pays better, or adjust your lifestyle to meet your current level of employment.

How many of those people on foodstamps working at wal-mart have a car? a cell phone? a big screen TV?

Why don't you get a better job?

Yeah, let's mock the working poor because they have a car...

...this is what the Right in this country has been reduced to.

I dont need a better job, I'm not on the dole.

I studied, worked hard, got an engineering degree and a good job, and support myself. Government support to me was limited to student loans which I paid/am paying back. a $500 pell grant, and the free rail/bus transit I got as a student in NYC.

Considering I have lived in NYC my whole life, I have paid back the free transit, and I have more than paid back the pell grant.

Get a job that pays better, or adjust your lifestyle to meet your current level of employment.

How many of those people on foodstamps working at wal-mart have a car? a cell phone? a big screen TV?

I studied, worked hard, got an engineering degree and a good job, and support myself. Government support to me was limited to student loans which I paid/am paying back. a $500 pell grant, and the free rail/bus transit I got as a student in NYC.

Considering I have lived in NYC my whole life, I have paid back the free transit, and I have more than paid back the pell grant.

Please. Nobody cares about your personal responsibility bullshit story. You did nothing without the help of your community, your state and your country. You self-absorbed tool.

Free transit?

Have you no shame? I would rather walk than accept welfare subway rides

One consideration. Every dollar spent on "welfare" is spent back into the economy and businesses profit from it as well.

Just a point to ponder if welfare is removed.

That is true. Our elected officials borrow money to feed the economy. Some choose to do it from the top down others choose to do it from the bottom up. The bottom up method actually works better to stimulate the economy as there are fewer choke points to the trickle.

But whether you are borrowing money to give poor children a good lunch, or whether you are borrowing money to pay a defense contractor $7,000 for a toilet seat, or whether you are borrowing money to offer a tax break to a very wealthy person in the hopes he'll hire someone to clean his gutters more often with it - you're STILL spending money that we don't have.

Last edited:

Free transit?

Considering I was 14-18, and they were offered I took them, more for my parents than for me, as my part time job I got at 15 wouldnt really cover commuting. Plus my parents were paying taxes at the time, and thus were getting a service in return for payment.

And again, I have paid them back tenfold.

It was also a walk of 10 miles from school to home.

Please. Nobody cares about your personal responsibility bullshit story. You did nothing without the help of your community, your state and your country. You self-absorbed tool.

And I am paying for it now as a taxpaying citizen. With our welfare state however, getting people to be productive seems to take back burner to keeping them on it, and never paying back what they got.

And there is no bullshit here. What help I got was from my family, not the community at large, and what the nation did for me it does for everyone else.

Is personal achivement an anethema to collectivist asshats such as youself (see I can name call too, you vile vomitus of ass-fucking donkeys).

Free transit?

Considering I was 14-18, and they were offered I took them, more for my parents than for me, as my part time job I got at 15 wouldnt really cover commuting. Plus my parents were paying taxes at the time, and thus were getting a service in return for payment.

What a leech

XXXXXX-Meister? It is still welfare just the same. Did you wear a t shirt that let all the other riders know you were getting a free ride while they used their hard earned money to pay their way?

If you were shamed enough, you would have walked. Also, your XXXXX-Meister

While we are in the process of shaming those who need food stamps, do we also get to publicaly shame employers who don't pay enough so their employees can feed their families?

those entry level employees should start at the top they've earned it

Free transit?

What a leech

XXXXXX It is still welfare just the same. Did you wear a t shirt that let all the other riders know you were getting a free ride while they used their hard earned money to pay their way?

If you were shamed enough, you would have walked. Also, your XXXXX

Reported for calling a family member a name. Enjoy your ban asshat.

Free transit?

What a leech

XXXXXX It is still welfare just the same. Did you wear a t shirt that let all the other riders know you were getting a free ride while they used their hard earned money to pay their way?

If you were shamed enough, you would have walked. Also, your XXXXXXXX

Once again, reducto ad absurdum, where I call for ending all government programs. A position you cant prove.

XXXXXXX

Also, this was something any high school student, regardless of income, was eligible for. It was based on distance of commute of each segment. If over 1.5 miles the ride was free, if less than 1.5 miles, 1/2 price. If less than 1/2 mile, full price.

This wasnt welfare as it applied to anyone in a high school in NYC.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP- How bout some JOBS, training programs for techie jobs going begging. According to the idiot TP, that would cost MONEY!! Horrors...maybe even get out of the way of solutions in DC.

Brainwashed morons...

And then stop voting for boom and bust, cronyism and corruption, greedy idiot megarich Pubs and their bought off minions, dupes. This has gotten ridiculous.

And I am paying for it now as a taxpaying citizen. With our welfare state however, getting people to be productive seems to take back burner to keeping them on it, and never paying back what they got.

And there is no bullshit here. What help I got was from my family, not the community at large, and what the nation did for me it does for everyone else.

Is personal achivement an anethema to collectivist asshats such as youself (see I can name call too, you vile vomitus of ass-fucking donkeys).

That's talking point pablum, young man.

That's talking point pablum, young man.

Thats it, just call truths you dont like "talking points."

Nah, dont try to refute it, just ignore it.

Ociania is at war with eastasia, Coiania has always been at war with eastasia.

The problem is that Wal-Mart cashiers should not be viewed as a career path to success in life... And some idiots view it as exactly that.

That is why it is. Pablum.

Welfare state my ass.

Most people are astonished to find out that the actual percentage of Americans who get more than 50% of their income from "welfare" is 1.7%

WTF! Has someone FINALLY answered the question that I have asked here several dozen times?

I am astonished. And......I didn't even ask this fine poster that question!

Than you NoDog. Thank you.

those entry level employees should start at the top they've earned it

What is the appeal of seeing your fellow Americans struggle? Is your own life that wretched and miserable?

Forum List

Back