How To Wean the Dependent Off Welfare

Get a job that pays better, or adjust your lifestyle to meet your current level of employment.

How many of those people on foodstamps working at wal-mart have a car? a cell phone? a big screen TV?

Why don't you get a better job?

Yeah, let's mock the working poor because they have a car...

...this is what the Right in this country has been reduced to.

I dont need a better job, I'm not on the dole.

I studied, worked hard, got an engineering degree and a good job, and support myself. Government support to me was limited to student loans which I paid/am paying back. a $500 pell grant, and the free rail/bus transit I got as a student in NYC.

Considering I have lived in NYC my whole life, I have paid back the free transit, and I have more than paid back the pell grant.

You choose to live in the high tax state of NY, in the high tax city of NYC,

and you're crying about taxes???

You're an ass.

Plan a boycott of walmart, Mcdonalds, et al until they change thier business practices. They are corporations and are here to make money, so limit thier money and they will be forced to change.

If the safety net was really there only for people at the true bottom, companies wouldnt be able to exploit it, and if they didnt pay even a basic living wage, people couldnt work for them.

The system is set up to get more and more people dependent on the government, and then liberals get upset when these people get dependent on the government.

Keep feeding the beast.....

It is the employers who are dependent on government for their profits

If you open a business in a high cost of living area you will be unable to operate because you do not pay enough for your employees to live in that area. What you do is continue to pay substandard wages and have the taxpayers subsidize your workers

Simple solution. Set the threshold for taxpayer assitance low enough to not cover people working, and the employer will have to either a) shut down or b) adjust wages.

LOL, so you would take the help away from the people who actually work for a living,

and leave it in place for the ones who don't.

That's demented.

those entry level employees should start at the top they've earned it

What is the appeal of seeing your fellow Americans struggle? Is your own life that wretched and miserable?

For some, seeing others struggle is a form of validation.

Simply more evidence to support my often repeated observation that conservative economic policy is designed to widen the gap between rich and poor.

What is the appeal of seeing your fellow Americans struggle? Is your own life that wretched and miserable?

For some, seeing others struggle is a form of validation.

Getting people to blame those poorer than they are for all their problems is a classic tactic of the conservative form of class warfare.

Yes. And if these forums are an indication, that tactic requires that people also assume a moral superiority over said poor people.

Make them work for it! There are plenty of things they can do to contribute to society - work their asses off.
If they don't have a work ethic, they don't deserve assistance! Welfare is suppose to be a temporary safety net - not a generational reality.

While we are in the process of shaming those who need food stamps, do we also get to publicaly shame employers who don't pay enough so their employees can feed their families?

How about a big sign that says...

I work for WalMart and I need Food Stamps

Get a job that pays better, or adjust your lifestyle to meet your current level of employment.

How many of those people on foodstamps working at wal-mart have a car? a cell phone? a big screen TV?

Sorry.. if you can afford a cell phone, an X-Box, or Nikes, you can afford ground beef rice and green beans

USMB nutters......to a person....are fucking jealous of people who barely get by. How dare those poor people have anything nice or entertaining!

Assholes.

I dont need a better job, I'm not on the dole.

I studied, worked hard, got an engineering degree and a good job, and support myself. Government support to me was limited to student loans which I paid/am paying back. a $500 pell grant, and the free rail/bus transit I got as a student in NYC.

Considering I have lived in NYC my whole life, I have paid back the free transit, and I have more than paid back the pell grant.

Free transit?

Have you no shame? I would rather walk than accept welfare subway rides

You are an Idiot sometimes RW. What Student in NYC does not get a Transit Pass?

Sorry.. if you can afford a cell phone, an X-Box, or Nikes, you can afford ground beef rice and green beans

Like I keep saying, the primary motive in Conservative economic policy is to widen the gap between rich and poor.

Like I keep saying, the primary motive in Conservative economic policy is to widen the gap between rich and poor.

Nope.. it is not to pay for you when you complain about being 'needy' while you go out and buy unnecessary luxuries

USMB nutters......to a person....are fucking jealous of people who barely get by. How dare those poor people have anything nice or entertaining!

Assholes.

And I know how low their taxes are, because my taxes aren't that high, and I have no dependents, nothing to deduct whatsoever;

most of the rightwing complainers have kids that are knocking thousands off their tax bills,

they don't pay squat and still complain about it.

Let's get rid of the big handout you get for having a couple useless snot faced kids you breeders!!!!
lolol

Nope.. it is not to pay for you when you complain about being 'needy' while you go out and buy unnecessary luxuries

You would make them poorer by taking away their benefits; you would make the rich richer by cutting their taxes.

That is simple math. You want to increase the gap between rich and poor.

You would make them poorer by taking away their benefits; you would make the rich richer by cutting their taxes.

That is simple math. You want to increase the gap between rich and poor.

They are handouts that are derived from confiscating from others... they are not owed them for simply existing.. and if you are complaining that you cannot feed yourself when you are buying $50 shoes and paying $100 for cell phone service, you know EXACTLY what it is... BULLSHIT... when you are down, you take care of your basics... you don't look to have someone else do it for you so you can get extras...

I believe in freedom, whether it ends up giving you more than you could ever use or whether it leaves you scraping by

I want equality in treatment... period... not coddling for some and stealing from others to facilitate the coddling

One consideration. Every dollar spent on "welfare" is spent back into the economy and businesses profit from it as well.

Just a point to ponder if welfare is removed.
That's kanesian economics: every dollar spent on welfare is one less dollar that you could of spent productively!

Forum List

Back