How to reduce gun deaths in US

The firearm-related murder deaths in each state.

Better than half -sometimes as much as 2/3 - of firearms deaths are suicides -- so, yes.
Do you feel like I’m arguing against you?
If you want the data, please present it.

Everything is out of control in this country because there are no stabilizing social programs to ensure people housed, fed, treated medically, educated, employed, etc.
Most countries of the world are better because they have minimal safety nets for everything.
If you want a job in Russia, you just go into the government and apply.
They will find you a guaranteed job, even if they have to make one up just for you.
That is what all countries should do since they took away our inherent right to hunt, gather, camp, etc.
We have great social safety nets, however they are overloaded and busting at the seams. When a fishing net gets overloaded it breaks and the fish are no longer held in the net.

Do you feel like I’m arguing against you?
The data you presented, which includes suicides, is intentionally misleading.
Specifically, it shows higher gun-related deaths rates in states with very low murder rates, and low death rates in states with low suicide rates but higher murder rate,

The data here is older (2000), but illustrates my point.

2000, total gun-relates deaths:

1704217381176.png

2000 gun-related murders

1704217414712.png

2000,gun related suicides

1704217454039.png

Last edited:
Alcohol kills twice that, first ban alcohol then get back to us on guns. And Biden/Dem's border polices have killed over 200,000 Americans.

No need to ban alcohol, not everyone is an alcoholic.

No one could save my brother from alcoholism. If we tried he would have taken us down the drain with him. Best to let alcoholics drink themselves to death and be done with them.

If you want to reduce crime and gun deaths, including suicides, lock up the drug addicts in treatment facilities.

Nor do knives, clubs, poison, tanks, bombs, missiles, explosives.

Notably though, few nations go to war without knives. Or bombs. Or clubs. Or explosives.

Or, for that matter....guns.
My guns sat in my gun cabinet gathering dust through several wars.

According to the resident gun nuts, there are like a million defensive gun uses a year. Having that many shoot-outs saves lives?
Most of those are simply brandishing a gun. Burglars also tend to avoid houses that have a dirty pickup truck with an empty gun rack parked in the driveway.

it was down now it is going up again but the point is from 1990 to 2019 with lots more firearms it went DOWN a lot. The claim more firearms means more murder and crime is disproved by that.
Your facts seem to change with your argument

You mean that legal prohibition didn't stop her? Well the only solution to this is another legal prohibition!
Amazing! You just said what every Republican has been saying all along…MORE gun laws won’t prevent people from breaking the law, only the law abiding citizen will be affected.

Thanks!

Amazing! You just said what every Republican has been saying all along…MORE gun laws won’t prevent people from breaking the law, only the law abiding citizen will be affected.

Thanks!

Yes, I did. Because I wholeheartedly agree.

This woman is a convicted felon who was carrying a firearm illegally

The penalty for that should be a MANDATORY 5 years on jail, with no chance for parole or early release, and cannot non wavered by some asshole lib judge

If gun grabbing libs are serious about reducing gun deaths this is the place to start

What part of “you cannot lock up everybody in the United States of America, who breaks a law except Donald Trump” do you not understand?

That’s the only solution you have for anything. You already have more people locked up in jail then both China or Russia combined.

If locking up more people was any kind of a solution to your problems, all of your problems would’ve been solved years ago.

Instead of locking people up, who are fed up with you doing nothing of substance to combat the problems, you should try coming up with solutions that work.

Like banning AR15’s for example.

Instead of locking people up, who are fed up with you doing nothing of substance to combat the problems, you should try coming up with solutions that work.
Like banning AR15’s for example.
:lol: :lol:
Of the 651 mass shootings in 2023, 6 involved AR15
Of the 706 people killed in mass shootings in 2023, 42 were killed with AR15s.

What "problem" will banning AR15s solve?
How does banning AR15s not violate the constitution?

Of the 651 mass shootings in 2023, 6 involved AR15
Of the 706 people killed in mass shootings in 2023, 42 were killed with AR15s.

What "problem" will banning AR15s solve?
How does banning AR15s not violate the constitution?
Dragonlady is a canadian

We dont have to explain anything to her

Forum List

Back