How to make a cat go away?

Well...kitty decided I am hers. Period. I thought she got the drift. Nope. She's baaaaaaack.

She likes me. I will like her back if she does not bite. So, when I allowed her to get close this time..she was hesitant and I stayed silent. When she jumped in my lap, I sat still. When she began to bite my leg, I grabbed the spray bottle and she stopped immediately and looked at me. I said NO BITE. She began to kneed instead. I set the bottle down.

I guess if she is going to hang out, she will have to learn manners. Biting and clawing gets a water bottle.

Well...kitty decided I am hers. Period. I thought she got the drift. Nope. She's baaaaaaack.

She likes me. I will like her back if she does not bite. So, when I allowed her to get close this time..she was hesitant and I stayed silent. When she jumped in my lap, I sat still. When she began to bite my leg, I grabbed the spray bottle and she stopped immediately and looked at me. I said NO BITE. She began to kneed instead. I set the bottle down.

I guess if she is going to hang out, she will have to learn manners. Biting and clawing gets a water bottle.

So, you are slowly becoming friends. :D Cats aren't loyal like dogs, but they can be good companions too. They are cute and soft and cuddly. Like you said, you have to teach the cat some manners. They can learn. You should definitely watch this show and get some tips. You will probably enjoy the show a lot too.

Looks like Gracie has a cat.

.22LR does get rid of cats. :dunno:

Last time I had to do it, it was a mercy killing.

So, you are slowly becoming friends. :D Cats aren't loyal like dogs, but they can be good companions too. They are cute and soft and cuddly. Like you said, you have to teach the cat some manners. They can learn. You should definitely watch this show and get some tips. You will probably enjoy the show a lot too.

It's called a broom, derp!

I would never intentionally hurt an animal. Ever.
I'm just gonna have to train it to not bite. Plus, it is not MY cat. It goes home to eat. It hangs out here all day until dinner time then hightails it back to her owners..then runs back over here.

I don't plan to live here forever, either.

That can make the cat even more aggressive. Cats get aggressive when they are fearful or uncomfortable. They are very sensitive animals. You should never ever hit an animal! For one thing, that makes you a bully! For another it is just wrong!

I would never intentionally hurt an animal. Ever.
I'm just gonna have to train it to not bite. Plus, it is not MY cat. It goes home to eat. It hangs out here all day until dinner time then hightails it back to her owners..then runs back over here.

I don't plan to live here forever, either.

Al-righty then. Corned beef and cabbage?

That can make the cat even more aggressive. Cats get aggressive when they are fearful or uncomfortable. They are very sensitive animals. You should never ever hit an animal! For one thing, that makes you a bully! For another it is just wrong!

See my cat thread. ;)

See my cat thread. ;)

No thank you. You talk about killing animals, and that changes my entire opinion of you and what kind of a person you are.

See my cat thread. ;)

No thank you. You talk about killing animals, and that changes my entire opinion of you and what kind of a person you are.

Baby boy says hi. :D

Gracie

I'll bet I know why your neighbor cat is so aggressive. The owners probably play with him aggressively. Some people will grab their cat with their hands and kind of play fight with the cat with their hands and fingers. While it's cute when they are kittens, it's not as cute when they are grown and they start attacking people's hands. So, the cat probably isn't sure whether you are going to play with him (in which case he needs to be aggressive and bite and scratch) or pet him.

Does he stop with the biting when he realizes you just want to pet him and that you aren't playing?

No offense & all.........but you didn't really put up much of a fight Gracie and the cat could smell a sucker :itsok: Don't feel bad, that's how we've gotten several cats.

Cats are territorial, so maybe spraying cat urine around the yard??? Or use the hose. Or keep borrowing the dog.........either way you'd have to be consistent and outlast the determined cat.

Gracie

I'll bet I know why your neighbor cat is so aggressive. The owners probably play with him aggressively. Some people will grab their cat with their hands and kind of play fight with the cat with their hands and fingers. While it's cute when they are kittens, it's not as cute when they are grown and they start attacking people's hands. So, the cat probably isn't sure whether you are going to play with him (in which case he needs to be aggressive and bite and scratch) or pet him.

Does he stop with the biting when he realizes you just want to pet him and that you aren't playing?
She has no clue. Or rather, didn't have a clue. But she knows now. I hated shining her on and misting her. I really did. She likes me, but she has to learn I am not going to allow her to be alpha and hurt me like she does her owner. Yes, they play rough with her which is why she tries the same to me. Not gonna happen. Nope. So my new goal is to teach her that with Aunty Gracie...she has to be gentle.

She licked my finger a bit ago. And I head bumped her. Then she settled down in my lap again.
But, Casey came over with his owner and Kitty ran back home. So...it will be a hit and miss thing with Kitty and myself. She will learn. I will be patient. But I don't want to get too attached. Not even with Casey. I don't own either one.

No offense & all.........but you didn't really put up much of a fight Gracie and the cat could smell a sucker :itsok: Don't feel bad, that's how we've gotten several cats.

Cats are territorial, so maybe spraying cat urine around the yard??? Or use the hose. Or keep borrowing the dog.........either way you'd have to be consistent and outlast the determined cat.
Maybe she senses my loneliness. I can sense hers. She belongs to the neighbor, but...they are meth heads. They have 4 dogs, two big birds that squawk all day and one cat. Kitty. Maybe she needs a break and that is why she comes over. The lady today said "I think she loves you" and I was taken aback.
So...Kitty has to learn. And I have to unthaw my own heart that died a few months ago and give her a chance. But not too much of one since I hope to be moved out of here before the end of the year.

Maybe she senses my loneliness. I can sense hers. She belongs to the neighbor, but...they are meth heads. They have 4 dogs, two big birds that squawk all day and one cat. Kitty. Maybe she needs a break and that is why she comes over. The lady today said "I think she loves you" and I was taken aback.
So...Kitty has to learn. And I have to unthaw my own heart that died a few months ago and give her a chance. But not too much of one since I hope to be moved out of here before the end of the year.
Make a mental note to get a place that allows cats. Then get one. It's obvious you need/want one.

Cats (and most animals I believe) can be very perceptive to our feelings. I think it is because they take other cues from us people rather than using language. They read our body language, they judge our moods by the tones of our voices and other things. I remember reading this story about a cat that had basically "adopted" the people at a nursing home. Every time one of these elderly people was going to die, the cat would jump on their bed and cuddle with them before they died. :(

Forum List

Back