How To Help Veterans

I think both political do fairly well trying to help veterans, but it takes two to tango, so to speak. Both parties have to work together. The Rs have been for building a stronger military and taking care of Veterans. The Ds have been for a weaker military and taking care of Veterans, but Obama has failed worse than any CIC in my lifetime!

America has always fucked over its vets. WWII was the only exception because there were too many WWII vets to make ignoring their needs politically acceptable.

America's faux compassion for its vets is militarism with a smiley face. Our Iraq vets volunteered for the job. The job was a war of agression under false pretenses whose real goal was control of Iraq's oil. The valor and patriotism of some of those who deployed to Iraq can be compared to the valor and patriotism of many German soldiers who served in Hitler's Wehrmacht. Good people who further an evil cause are morally compromised.

STFU you stupid faggot!!.......you aren't a Vet so shit can it pervert. ... :evil:

I am a vet, Sunni Man, and have no use for any politician who blocks health care for vets, as well as other citizens.

I have no use for you playing the far right wing nut sharia clown on this.
You can join your fellow fudge packer Howey and STFU also Jake.

I am a Vet and have been using the VA health care service's over the last year and it has been a positive experience and the medical staff have been exceptionally professional.

People like homo Howey want to slander the VA as part of their liberal hate agenda.

Which I find totally reprehensible. ... :doubt:

Last edited:
STFU you stupid faggot!!.......you aren't a Vet so shit can it pervert. ... :evil:

hahaha-024.gif

Ummm...I'm a 100% disabled vet and retired from the Air Force. You?

Prove it.

There are 1.3 million uninsured veterans in the United States and about 645,000 uninsured spouses of veterans.

22 Republican governors refused to expand Medicaid to cover these veterans.

Why do Republicans hate veterans?

Because veterans are already covered.

:cuckoo:
You have to have spent 20 years active duty and been honorably discharged, or, have a service connected disability to qualify for VA health care.

There are 1.3 million uninsured veterans in the United States and about 645,000 uninsured spouses of veterans.

Wrong.

Veterans over a certain income level or who did not serve a certain amount of time are not eligible.

You have to have spent 20 years active duty and been honorably discharged, or, have a service connected disability to qualify for VA health care.

Minimum Duty Requirements

Most Veterans who enlisted after September 7, 1980, or entered active duty after October 16, 1981, must have served 24 continuous months or the full period for which they were called to active duty in order to be eligible. This minimum duty requirement may not apply to Veterans who were discharged for a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty, for a hardship or “early out,” or those who served prior to September 7, 1980. Since there are a number of other exceptions to the minimum duty requirements, VA encourages all Veterans to apply so that we may determine their enrollment eligibility

Enhanced Eligibility

Certain Veterans may be afforded enhanced eligibility status when applying and enrolling in the VA health care system. Veterans who:
•Are a Former Prisoner of War (POW)
•In receipt of the Purple Heart Medal.
•In receipt of the Medal of Honor.
•Have a compensable VA awarded service-connected disability of 10% or more.
•In receipt of a VA Pension.
•Were discharged from the military because of a disability (not preexisting), early out, or hardship.
•Served in a Theater of Operations for 5 years post discharge.
•Served in the Republic of Vietnam from January 9, 1962 to May 7, 1975.
•Served in the Persian Gulf from August 2, 1990 to November 11, 1998.
•Were stationed or resided at Camp Lejeune for 30 days or more between January 1, 1957 and December 31, 1987.
•Are found by VA to be Catastrophically Disabled.
•Previous years' household income is below VA's National Income or Geographical-Adjusted Thresholds. ($39,304 or less for 2 dependents)

Incorrect.

I was drafted for Vietnam.......did my 2 years with honorable discharge......and no service connected disability.

And I qualify for every service and program the VA offers. ... :cool:

Here's a great proposal to help those veterans in need of health care, including those who served under 24 months or are frustrated with waiting in line.

Expand Medicaid in all 50 states.

Oh. But we can't, because republican governors don't care about the poor.

I guess they really don't care about our veterans.

Now here I thought Obamacare was the cure all.

If you really want to help a vet I will take any donation you wish to send. I served 6 years four of which were on a submarine keeping the Russians (USSR) from blowing your Mom and Dad to Hell and back. I suffer from PSD (Post Submarine Disorder) yet to be recognized but true none the less. So far I have received nothing from Obama.

Thank you for your service sir.

I'm not sure Obama makes the decisions as to what disorders are covered for the military. Are you?

The PSD was tongue in cheek. In another post I give the requirements for eligibility. Once again those who work get nothing. Not whining just stating fact, it is what it is. My whole tour of duty was during Viet nam 69-75.

Btw I was not joking about the donations. :D

Last edited:

Wrong.

Veterans over a certain income level or who did not serve a certain amount of time are not eligible.

Your read the OP. Excellent.

The certain amout of time was their committment of at least 2 years. If they washed out before then for any reason other than discharge for a service related disability, then they are not eligible, nor would I classify them as veterans.

If you want to classify anyone who, after less than two years was dishonerably discharged, as a "veteran" then you go ahead.

:eusa_hand:

Happily, MANY governors have much more sense.

Last edited:

Then the OP must be bullshit:

a veteran must have served for two continuous years or the full period for which they were called to active duty in order to be eligible. There are some exceptions — like for individuals who were discharged for a disability sustained in the line of duty

Here's a great proposal to help those veterans in need of health care, including those who served under 24 months or are frustrated with waiting in line.

Expand Medicaid in all 50 states.

Oh. But we can't, because republican governors don't care about the poor.

The failure of some states to expand Medicaid is leaving a quarter-million veterans without health insurance.

258,600 VETERANS ARE LIVING BELOW THE POVERTY LINE IN STATES REFUSING TO EXPAND MEDICAID.

Many assume that all of the nation's veterans are entitled to health care through the Veteran's Administration, but that's not the case; a veteran must have served for two continuous years or the full period for which they were called to active duty in order to be eligible. There are some exceptions — like for individuals who were discharged for a disability sustained in the line of duty — but about 1.3 million veterans remain uninsured nationwide.

According to a report by Pew using analysis from the Urban Institute, approximately 258,600 of those veterans are living below the poverty line in states refusing to expand Medicaid. Without veteran's benefits — and with incomes too low to qualify for subsidies to use on the state exchanges — these veterans are left without affordable coverage options.

Twenty states are staunchly refusing to expand the program, and a few are still debating the issue.

I guess they really don't care about our veterans.
Exactly.

What will really make the problem go away is turn over the entire health care system of the country, to the mentality that gave us the VA and Medicare.

The truly frightening part is that screwballs like you are serious.

Last edited:

I am a vet, Sunni Man, and have no use for any politician who blocks health care for vets, as well as other citizens.

You can join your fellow fudge packer Howey and STFU also Jake.

I am a Vet and have been using the VA health care service's over the last year and it has been a positive experience and the medical staff have been exceptionally professional.

People like homo Howey want to slander the VA as part of their liberal hate agenda.

Which I find totally reprehensible. ... :doubt:.

Sunni Man, your sexual latency has been showing more lately, so I understand your confusion and lashing out.

I am glad that you and I have had good experience; not everyone else though has.

Howey has a right, as a taxpayer, to bitch. :cool:

How much would you care pay US citizens that couldn't serve two years or the period of time they were called to active military duty and were not discharged for a disability sustained in the line of duty?

Syntax, please.

TK, you are a civilian with no military experience.

Go study the regs, please.

Then the OP must be bullshit:

a veteran must have served for two continuous years or the full period for which they were called to active duty in order to be eligible. There are some exceptions — like for individuals who were discharged for a disability sustained in the line of duty

No. 007 is bullshit. Just like you.

Forum List

Back