How to fix the immigration problem (without going to war with Mexico)

I don't actually know anybody out of work that wants to work and is worth a crap ...

All that job-creation rhetoric ... now we have the jobs but no one to fill these positions ... not for less than $40/hr ... excuse me while I throw my body in front of a roofing contractor's truck ... see if that gets anyone to talk to me ... I see their point, a two year backlog because they can't find any workers ... I certainly won't do that work for anything less than $100/hr ...

All that job-creation rhetoric ... now we have the jobs but no one to fill these positions ... not for less than $40/hr ... excuse me while I throw my body in front of a roofing contractor's truck ... see if that gets anyone to talk to me ... I see their point, a two year backlog because they can't find any workers ... I certainly won't do that work for anything less than $100/hr ...
Problem often, is can't find anybody that doesn't have a waiting list or works cheap on things we would rather not do, or do not feel qualified to do or no longer physically able to safely do. I contacted a small job contractor, I had never seen or worked with (yes, I was a contractor sales person at one time and involved in management of building products direct to contractors in my county and dealers only outside the county in 6 state area for many years) after I seeing his work down the street, having him quote it while working the other job. He was booked, but I had time. He started last Tuesday on putting a gable roof over my back deck from the ground up. Posts went in Tuesday. Framing completed yesterday, Roofers he works with coming Monday. Electical contractor he works with met Friday and will be back Monday. His gutter guy (or the roofer's will be here mid week. I am not having a problem on this project finding labor, not even skilled domestic labor for this project that will most likely be completed from groundbreaking to completion in less than two weeks.

Forum List

Back