How To Afford Universal Health Care.

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by fandango, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Toddsterpatriot

Toddsterpatriot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,655
    Of course, because CUBA!!!

2. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,122
    Don't worry, the Republicans will fix that.

3. Dont Taz Me Bro

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,122
    It's a lot higher than you think it is and no, they really don't get a lot more for it. The U.S. ranks number one in quality of health care and you also have much better odds of surviving serious illnesses here than in Europe, not to mention the wait times here to be seen are far less.

4. Toddsterpatriot

Toddsterpatriot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,655
    The Republicans are going to expand the Fed's balance sheet?
    Why do you feel that?

5. Dont Taz Me Bro

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,122
    Illness or Medical Problems
    Even with government health care in Canada, a major illness, injury or other health related problems can affect both your income and your living expenses. Not all medical costs are covered by health care or insurance. You may have found it necessary to take time off work to recover from your health problems. Without supplemental insurance benefits, you may have used credit cards to pay for both your medical costs and every-day living expenses for a while. If you are unable to return to work, your disability income may not be enough to pay off your debts. There is little you can do to prepare for an unexpected medical issue other than ensure that you have insurance and adequate savings to support you for a short period of time.

Top 5 Causes of Bankruptcy | Bankruptcy Canada

[​IMG]

Patient denied lifesaving transplant from cousin - because Home Office won't let him in UK

Sentenced to death for being old: The NHS denies life-saving treatment to the elderly, as one man's chilling story reveals | Daily Mail Online

Amber Cliff dies of cervical cancer after refused smear test for being too young | Metro News

Canadian doctors refuse treatment, let man die of bladder infection

youre-a-special-kind-of-stupid-arent-you.jpg

6. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,223
    Well, there is pointless bureaucracy, isn't the corruption? Allowing people to leech off the system, to me, is corruption.

7. Ecocertifmrl

Ecocertifmrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    Such a system is expensive to put up.

8. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,788
    You're advocating for a system that is, essentially, a leech-fest. Hypocrite much?

I mean I get it, you think framing it that way will appeal to stingy conservatives, but it just makes your whole argument seem fake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. fandango

fandango BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Watch the documentary I mentioned. Then get back to me on that. Though as far as tax rates go by country, I looked it up in wiki. They have too many categories to make any sense of it. Which the U.S. probably likes. As to who is more likely to survive, with how much we pay for it, I would expect that. But the U.S. isn't the best when it comes to life expectancy.

As far as wait times, I never got medical treatment in another country. So I wouldn't know. But I used to see one doctor where I would have to wait an hour and a half to see him. On one visit, I was just about one minute late. Which given how long I would have had to wait to see him was nothing. They sent me home because I was late.

10. fandango

fandango BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +94
    You aren't saying anything. A toothache probably hurts as much in Canada as it does in the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2018