How To Afford Universal Health Care.

The answer is easy. You make it free, free, FREE! I will show you a graph of the percentage of GDP that various countries pay for health care. Many of them have universal health care. As a percedntage of their countries GDP, they pay much less than Americans do.

View attachment 204028

The answer is easy. You make it free, free, FREE!

Doctors and nurses will work for free?
Drug companies will develop drugs for free?
Hand them out for free?

Cool!!!

I didn't see Cuba in your chart. Weird.

No. Doctors and nurses would get their health care for free. And maybe with that burden being taken off their backs, they would be willing to work for a little less pay. As for drug companies, fuck them! Raising the price of a drug that has been around for a long time by 100,000%?! They need to be fucking SHOT!

Of course, because CUBA!!!

Not as high as you would like people to think it is, tard. And they get a LOT more for it. You should watch the documentary "Where to invade." I don't agree with absolutely everything in it. But it does make some good points.

It's a lot higher than you think it is and no, they really don't get a lot more for it. The U.S. ranks number one in quality of health care and you also have much better odds of surviving serious illnesses here than in Europe, not to mention the wait times here to be seen are far less.

Also, in countries with universal health care, nobody becomes homeless or becomes bankrupt because of medical bills.

Illness or Medical Problems
Even with government health care in Canada, a major illness, injury or other health related problems can affect both your income and your living expenses. Not all medical costs are covered by health care or insurance. You may have found it necessary to take time off work to recover from your health problems. Without supplemental insurance benefits, you may have used credit cards to pay for both your medical costs and every-day living expenses for a while. If you are unable to return to work, your disability income may not be enough to pay off your debts. There is little you can do to prepare for an unexpected medical issue other than ensure that you have insurance and adequate savings to support you for a short period of time.

Top 5 Causes of Bankruptcy | Bankruptcy Canada

woman-pointing-and-laughing-at-you-stock-photos_csp38750037.jpg

Or outright dies due to denied coverage. But it sure as hell happens here.

Patient denied lifesaving transplant from cousin - because Home Office won't let him in UK

Sentenced to death for being old: The NHS denies life-saving treatment to the elderly, as one man's chilling story reveals | Daily Mail Online

Amber Cliff dies of cervical cancer after refused smear test for being too young | Metro News

Canadian doctors refuse treatment, let man die of bladder infection

youre-a-special-kind-of-stupid-arent-you.jpg

The answer is easy. You make it free, free, FREE! I will show you a graph of the percentage of GDP that various countries pay for health care. Many of them have universal health care. As a percedntage of their countries GDP, they pay much less than Americans do.

View attachment 204028

The reality is that corruption in the US system accounts for a massive amount of the US's GDP.

Corruption is a different matter. But with our health care system as it is now, much of what could have gone toward actual health care is spent on pointless bureaucracy.

Well, there is pointless bureaucracy, isn't the corruption? Allowing people to leech off the system, to me, is corruption.

View attachment 204028

The reality is that corruption in the US system accounts for a massive amount of the US's GDP.

Corruption is a different matter. But with our health care system as it is now, much of what could have gone toward actual health care is spent on pointless bureaucracy.

Well, there is pointless bureaucracy, isn't the corruption? Allowing people to leech off the system, to me, is corruption.

You're advocating for a system that is, essentially, a leech-fest. Hypocrite much?

I mean I get it, you think framing it that way will appeal to stingy conservatives, but it just makes your whole argument seem fake.

Not as high as you would like people to think it is, tard. And they get a LOT more for it. You should watch the documentary "Where to invade." I don't agree with absolutely everything in it. But it does make some good points.

It's a lot higher than you think it is and no, they really don't get a lot more for it. The U.S. ranks number one in quality of health care and you also have much better odds of surviving serious illnesses here than in Europe, not to mention the wait times here to be seen are far less.

Watch the documentary I mentioned. Then get back to me on that. Though as far as tax rates go by country, I looked it up in wiki. They have too many categories to make any sense of it. Which the U.S. probably likes. As to who is more likely to survive, with how much we pay for it, I would expect that. But the U.S. isn't the best when it comes to life expectancy.

As far as wait times, I never got medical treatment in another country. So I wouldn't know. But I used to see one doctor where I would have to wait an hour and a half to see him. On one visit, I was just about one minute late. Which given how long I would have had to wait to see him was nothing. They sent me home because I was late.

Also, in countries with universal health care, nobody becomes homeless or becomes bankrupt because of medical bills.

Even with government health care in Canada, a major illness, injury or other health related problems can affect both your income and your living expenses. Not all medical costs are covered by health care or insurance. You may have found it necessary to take time off work to recover from your health problems. Without supplemental insurance benefits, you may have used credit cards to pay for both your medical costs and every-day living expenses for a while. If you are unable to return to work, your disability income may not be enough to pay off your debts. There is little you can do to prepare for an unexpected medical issue other than ensure that you have insurance and adequate savings to support you for a short period of time.

Patient denied lifesaving transplant from cousin - because Home Office won't let him in UK

Sentenced to death for being old: The NHS denies life-saving treatment to the elderly, as one man's chilling story reveals | Daily Mail Online

Amber Cliff dies of cervical cancer after refused smear test for being too young | Metro News

You aren't saying anything. A toothache probably hurts as much in Canada as it does in the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 204028

You are a leech too. In one way or another, everybody is a leech. But having universal health care isn't being a leech. It is being part of a society.

You aren't saying anything. A toothache probably hurts as much in Canada as it does in the U.S.

What I just said was you have no idea what you are fucking talking about and I proved it to you multiple times. If you want to keep wallowing in your own ignorance and stupidity be my guest. It’s your life.

What I just said was you have no idea what you are fucking talking about and I proved it to you multiple times. If you want to keep wallowing in your own ignorance and stupidity be my guest. It’s your life.

Did you even actually look at my thread? It shows what percentage of GDP for various countries goes towards health care. All of the countries that have universal health care pay less as a percentage of their countries GDP for it. You are the one who doesn't understand. Instead you want to bring up bullshit about what the average citizen pays in taxes. For any economy, the GDP is the tally. Taxes are just bullshit.

For one reason, do you pay taxes? Don't you get most of them back when tax return time rolls around? And when that happens, can't you afford to buy a more expensive item than you might otherwise have been able to afford? So in that regard, the government is actually doing you a favor by taxing you!

I spend 3,400 dollars a year on healthcare.

I'll take that over the 12k that Canadians are paying.

Does your plan pay 100% of your medical bills as Canada does?
My plan isn't in charge of My lifestyle either.

Do you believe that every person has a responsibility to their own life or no?

The fact remains. I pay less than 4k dollars a year in health insurance. (Lets be honest about what we are talking about here, it is insurance, not medical care).

That means that if I have been paying into the insurance company 4k dollars a year for 10 years, and I have a heart attack, they will have to fork over 80% of a 200k bill.

That means they will have to pay 160k dollars for My 40k dollar payment.

So, for 200k dollars worth of coverage, I pay 80k dollars. (4k a year with 4k deductible per year) In case you missed out, that is half of the bill.

Now, in Canada, I am paying 12k per year in taxes for everyone's healthcare. That is 120k per the same 10 year period.

That means I have saved 40k dollars by not living in Canada.

Tell Me again what a deal it is?

Last edited:
UHC is not free

~S~

To those who don't pay a bill after seeing a doctor, that makes it free enough. And if you look at the graph, where they do have universal health care, it is at least a lot fucking cheaper.

Those countries have outrageous levels of taxation you tard.
Name a country that would prefer US health care to their own.

Isn't what Americans prefer the only important question?

Does your plan pay 100% of your medical bills as Canada does?
My plan isn't in charge of My lifestyle either.

Do you believe that every person has a responsibility to their own life or no?

The fact remains. I pay less than 4k dollars a year in health insurance. (Lets be honest about what we are talking about here, it is insurance, not medical care).

That means that if I have been paying into the insurance company 4k dollars a year for 10 years, and I have a heart attack, they will have to fork over 80% of a 200k bill.

That means they will have to pay 160k dollars for My 40k dollar payment.

So, for 200k dollars worth of coverage, I pay 80k dollars. (4k a year with 4k deductible per year) In case you missed out, that is half of the bill.

Now, in Canada, I am paying 12k per year in taxes for everyone's healthcare. That is 120k per the same 10 year period.

That means I have saved 40k dollars by not living in Canada.

Tell Me again what a deal it is?
Good luck when your hospital bill is hundreds of thousands of dollars for a life-threatening illness.

Forum List

Back