How the rich get richer, unscrupulous means and yet are free to repeat

Congratulations on being so successful in life.
Not everyone is like you but for someone who will not criticize the American system, you are quick to bitch about others who might not have had the opportunities and breaks you had in life. Show a little solidarity with fellow Americans, buddy.
My solidarity is when I help others achieve their successes by using their God given gifts to their best of abilities. Each person has their own and their own pursuit of happiness, while liberals makes victimhood and self degradation their mantra. I find out that persons unique skills and motivate them into become self employed. Just like what Morgan Freeman said, which you didn't watch the video, there is nothing in the US that can prevent "anyone from achieving success".

You mean like the TV preachers. LOL. You got your trade in the AF and nothing wrong with that.
Once again, that wealth envy is showing. Are the people who go to the TV preachers, "Willingly" giving up their money? How is that crooked? People go to church, so they can feel good when they give. Those like Tammy Fae and her husband got caught and were punished by the very people those 2 scammed. Why is Bill Clinton and his wife not punished the same? Are there double standards? You betcha....

You will never change my mind on TV preachers, I have listened to some and how people can be so duped into giving them money is beyond me, they make the bible say what they want to it.

I am not sure Bill and Hillary did anything wrong.
I have listened to some and how people can be so duped into giving them money is beyond me
Can Al Gore Save The Stupid People? (political cartoon)
Can Al Gore Save The Stupid People?
Seems to me that liberals who made Al Jazeera Gore hundreds of millions of dollars for a spoof about Global Warming, Global Cooling, err, I mean Global Climate Change, were so duped into giving him money that is beyond you. Hmmm?

Al Gore studied Exxon's stance on global warming from the 70's, he has known about it a long time. He finally made it widely known.

What is considered middle class 2016?
The upper middle class grew to 29.4% of the population in 2014, up from 12.9% in 1979, according to a new Urban Institute report. It defines this group as having household income of between $100,000 and $350,000 for a three-person family. ... And the share of lower middle class and poor Americans also declined.Jun 21, 2016
America's upper middle class is thriving - Jun. 21, 2016 - CNN Money

before T was president. We do not need tax cuts. Proves the elites do no create jobs, the upper middle class does and the median income is very different than the upper middle class or AKA middle class.
What jobs do the upper middle class CREATE? McDonalds, Wendy's, You really are a stupid liberal moron(redundant statement).

My solidarity is when I help others achieve their successes by using their God given gifts to their best of abilities. Each person has their own and their own pursuit of happiness, while liberals makes victimhood and self degradation their mantra. I find out that persons unique skills and motivate them into become self employed. Just like what Morgan Freeman said, which you didn't watch the video, there is nothing in the US that can prevent "anyone from achieving success".

You mean like the TV preachers. LOL. You got your trade in the AF and nothing wrong with that.
Once again, that wealth envy is showing. Are the people who go to the TV preachers, "Willingly" giving up their money? How is that crooked? People go to church, so they can feel good when they give. Those like Tammy Fae and her husband got caught and were punished by the very people those 2 scammed. Why is Bill Clinton and his wife not punished the same? Are there double standards? You betcha....

You will never change my mind on TV preachers, I have listened to some and how people can be so duped into giving them money is beyond me, they make the bible say what they want to it.

I have listened to some and how people can be so duped into giving them money is beyond me
Seems to me that liberals who made Al Jazeera Gore hundreds of millions of dollars for a spoof about Global Warming, Global Cooling, err, I mean Global Climate Change, were so duped into giving him money that is beyond you. Hmmm?

Al Gore studied Exxon's stance on global warming from the 70's, he has known about it a long time. He finally made it widely known.
Al Gore was a worthless politician without any science background. And you believe him, talk about a fucking idiot willingly giving up your money to a crook. Obama stole more of your money in his Carbon Tax plan, and you just sucked Obamas dick for more. Then when Obama fucked you in the ass by increasing your taxes for healthcare, you just came all over him? Yep, you are poor, Obama is rich, and you love that black guy....

sheeple-25-obama-the-green-pastures-telepromter-shepherd.jpg

If you libtards would take half the energy you expend whining and being envious of other people's accomplishments and spent it on something worthwhile, you could become wealthy beyond your dreams.

No this post is about the elites and I doubt you fall into that group, if 1% is here on this board, then you have a problem.

Oh,the Hollywood elites?

them over and over. Look at T's foundation, using money in it to pay attorney fees, set up non profits and pay yourself. When young I always heard it takes money to make money, when young I didn't understand, but at a certain age you understand. I thought it was by compounding interest, but those days are gone, remember when even meager saving accounts made money?? When they get so much money they make more when asleep than most of us make in a year or lifetime , by making money from unscrupulous means.
un·scru·pu·lous
ˌənˈskro͞opyələs/
adjective
adjective: unscrupulous
  1. having or showing no moral principles; not honest or fair.
    synonyms: unprincipled, unethical, immoral, conscienceless, shameless, reprobate, exploitative, corrupt, dishonest, dishonorable, deceitful, devious, underhanded, unsavory, disreputable, evil, wicked, villainous, Machiavellian; More
    informalcrooked, shady, hinky;
    dateddastardly
    "we didn't want to believe that someone in our group could be
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is looking into why Eric Trump’s charity paid more than $1 million to use Trump Organization properties for charity events in recent years, after boasting to donors that the family’s assets were being used at no cost.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-09/eric-trump-charity-payments-being-examined-by-new-york-ag

and

Forbes also reported that even though donors to the Eric Trump Foundation had been told their cash was going to help kids with cancer, it re-donated more than $500,000 to other charities, "many of which were connected to Trump family members or interests, including at least four groups that subsequently paid to hold golf tournaments at Trump courses."

My responses to your remarks are not so much to outright refute your theme or comments. Rather they are to put a bit more "neutral" perspective to the discussion. I think I agree with the contextual theme of your OP, but the tone of it is definitely not with which I can concur.

When young I always heard it takes money to make money

You and everyone else heard that because the most effective way to make money is to go into business, and the only way to do that is to have some resources to contribute to the business entity. Quite literally, every business begins life with at least one of the two following accounting entries:
Dr. Cash (or other asset)
Cr. Equity
To record contribution from owner(s) of assets provided to commence business.
Dr. Cash (or other asset)
Cr. Loans/Notes Payable (or some other liability account)
To record cash received and corresponding debt assumed to commence business.​

The cash (or other asset(s)) come from the owner's own pocket or those of investors or lenders.

I thought it was by compounding interest, but those days are gone,

That too is a way to make money, but one must have money to invest somewhere so that it can in turn compound. It's not the fastest way to make money, but it is a way to make it.

remember when even meager saving accounts made money??

They still do. It's not much money, and to your point, the rate now is nothing compared to what it used to be. That it isn't has everything to do with the prime interest rate having been pushed low as a way to spur lending/borrowing and to combat inflationary pressures.

It's worth noting that were you and I to get "decent" interest rates on savings accounts, the national debt (government debt), and specifically the interest payment the government must make (about 6% of the total income tax haul) would be dramatically more than it is right now.

The consumer side of the matter is really quite straightforward:
  • Citizens can have low interest rates and thereby use more of their disposable money to pay for principal rather than interest, thus enjoying "nicer" stuff or have higher interest rates and buy "less nice" stuff. ("Less" in all senses of the word.)
One of the most significant consequences of that is the size of home in which most people live.

In 2013, the average size of new houses built increased to an all-time high of 2,679 square feet (see blue line in top chart), and the median size new home set a new record of 2,491 square feet (see red line in chart). Over the last 40 years, the average home has increased in size by more than 1,000 square feet, from an average size of 1,660 square feet in 1973 (earliest year available from Census) to 2,679 square feet last year. Likewise, the median-size home has increased in size by almost 1,000 square feet, from 1,525 square feet in 1973 to 2,491 last year. In percentage terms, the average home size has increased by 61.4% since 1973, while the median home size increased by 63.3%.

That people live in larger homes these days has a lot to do with the low interest rates. More of "Bud and Mary Main Street's" mortgage payment goes to pay for the house itself and not interest on the loan they took to buy the house. To get a rough visual sense of how that plays out in a "typical American" locality (i.e., not a city (not the burbs outside of one) like D.C., NYC, etc. where new "standard home" development doesn't really happen) click the following link: http://davemeir.com/yourrochester/w...ighborhoods-of-northwest-rochester-minnesota/

As goes savings, however, yes, one must, these days, employ more "sophisticated" means -- more involved than merely depositing it into a passbook savings account -- of investing one's money to grow it into a "tidy nest egg." In and of itself, that's not such a terrible thing. What is "bad" about it, however, is that those means, unlike a passbook savings account, are not insured, thus "Bud and Mary" must, in the 21st century, assume far greater investment risk to earn the same ROI as their parents/grandparents did by merely maintaining a savings account.

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is looking into why Eric Trump’s charity paid more than $1 million to use Trump Organization properties for charity events

That whole organization structure interplay and exchange among a triune of related-party individuals, for-profit and not-for-profit organizations and how people use the tax code to minimize their tax burdens [1] (not exactly the same as actually making money) does, insofar as, though legal, is without question a willful attempt to contravene the spirit of the laws that when "played in concert" make such hijinks possible....Well, yes, that definitely meets what I'd call unscrupulous.

One simple example -- that is, not nearly as complex as the foundation, charity, business, private individual scheme -- of that sort of thing is the mortgage deduction for boats. That deduction was made available because there used to be (I don't know if there still are) a fair number of modest income folks in places like FL, CA, and plenty of other places on the water (inland or ocean) found it was quite nice and notably less expensive to live on a houseboat rather than in a house. The value proposition is still there, and there's no reason to begrudge folks for living in a house boat and deny them the mortgage interest deduction.

riverqueen_6029.jpg

modern-houseboat-on-585x439-this-sleek-stylish-modern-house-boat-on-the-eastern-shore-of-seattle.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-10-22-at-4.59.28-PM.png

780-480-0.jpg

974b7a0dbc28190ef0eeec19b37099f1.jpg

Where the unethicality comes into play is that it allows really well off folks to take a mortgage deduction for buying what is purely a pleasure craft, a purchase that is primarily for entertainment, usually personal entertainment with friends, notwithstanding the few occasions they may also use it for some sort of ostensibly business-related purpose.

What does that result in? It results in people buying boats like these...

01Mainabeam.jpg

beneteau_34.jpg

pacific-wave-image.jpg

0503_sailing-accident.jpg

...and taking deduction for it. To qualify, the boat must have cooking, sleeping and toilet facilities and be the security for the loan one takes to buy it. (Getting to take the mortgage deduction isn't quite as simple as I've made it seem here -- there are "phase outs" one must avoid -- but with the appropriate tax planning, it's not all that hard either.)

Congratulations on being so successful in life.
Not everyone is like you but for someone who will not criticize the American system, you are quick to bitch about others who might not have had the opportunities and breaks you had in life. Show a little solidarity with fellow Americans, buddy.

Your jocularity about climate change rightly will be unappreciated by the people in Florida or the American citizens in Puerto Rico.

Your jocularity about climate change rightly will be unappreciated by the people in Florida or the American citizens in Puerto Rico.

Because the climate never changed and hurricanes never spun before we burned coal.

DERP!

Forum List

Back