How Stupid Are Spectator Sports Like Football

Football games are competition between athletes. For the fans it is the excitement of cheering for your team and hoping they win.

It is also a social connection between the fans. I could care less who wins the game tonight. But when the Crimson Tide plays, I will watch and cheer. My friends and I get together (well not this year) and have a great time watching the game and often remembering past games.

I workout daily. I went outside and played with my kids a lot when they were young. Now that they are grown, we still go camping and fishing as often as we can.

If you don't care for football, or any spectator sport, that is fine. But for many, many people it is a few hours of enjoyment.

Used to be true, the overpaid jackasses whining and kneeling ruined that.

Pro sports is an annoying snooze fest

I don't speak for the NFL games. I have always been a college football fanatic. In fact, I usually pick which NFL team to cheer for based on which ones have former Alabama players on the team. Sadly, last night had none active.
Me and my husband are college sports fanatics, Indiana University and Texas Tech....loved my boys knocking off Iowa for the second time this year yesterday.....and IU women are thrilling to watch.

It's pure competition.....pro sports are laughable

In college football it matters more. Most of the players will never play in the NFL. But they will play their asses off for their school. And no where in sports is the old adage "On any given day, any team can win" more true then in college football.

give-them-bread-and-circuses-and-they-will-never-27329036.png
0AtOG9zh.jpg
tumblr_pmcvy0FOjF1sypuuko1_1280.jpg
:thankusmile: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've seen plenty of people use sports constructively, as a form of socializing, a way to connect to their fellows and have a shared interest and a safe topic to discuss.

Indeed, just yesterday, this old black guy asked me who I was rooting for. He seemed to be making an effort to be social, so instead of being a downer and telling him that I didn't care, I repeated something I had heard someone else say a few hours earlier.

He seemed satisfied with my comment and said something that either I didn't hear properly though his mask, or just didn't know the subject well enough to understand and he moved on.

IF I cared at all about the subject, we could have had a real bonding moment, even became friends.

That is, imo, the proper place for sports.

Today, that valuable contribution is being killed by leftist, anti-American politics.

SassyLass: It's pure competition.....pro sports are laughable

In college football it matters more. Most of the players will never play in the NFL. But they will play their asses off for their school. And no where (sic) in sports is the old adage "On any given day, any team can win" more true then (sic) in college football.

"Nowhere" is one word, not two.
"Than" in college football.
Now giggle some more in print. It makes you feel powerful and smart.

Amateur "Moderators" are laughably, and tragically, ignorant. My feelings are never hurt by trying to educate those like you so desperately in need. Unfortunately you always double down on your Leftist ignorance. Evil is like that. People such as you are proud of Joe Biden, incompetent as he so obviously is.

I've seen plenty of people use sports constructively, as a form of socializing, a way to connect to their fellows and have a shared interest and a safe topic to discuss.

Indeed, just yesterday, this old black guy asked me who I was rooting for. He seemed to be making an effort to be social, so instead of being a downer and telling him that I didn't care, I repeated something I had heard someone else say a few hours earlier.

He seemed satisfied with my comment and said something that either I didn't hear properly though his mask, or just didn't know the subject well enough to understand and he moved on.

IF I cared at all about the subject, we could have had a real bonding moment, even became friends.

Today, that valuable contribution is being killed by leftist, anti-American politics.

I know a lot of people are really into watching sports. It is important to them. It is a source of entertainment. Hell, my two sons and grandchildren are like that.

I usually don't push back when they discuss it. If they like it and it is fun to them then so be it.

Kudos to you for being civil to the Black guy. It is more civil than most Liberals are to Conservatives.

In college football it matters more. Most of the players will never play in the NFL. But they will play their asses off for their school. And no where (sic) in sports is the old adage "On any given day, any team can win" more true then (sic) in college football.

Amateur "Moderators" are laughably, and tragically, ignorant. My feelings are never hurt by trying to educate those like you so desperately in need. Unfortunately you always double down on your Leftist ignorance. Evil is like that. People such as you are proud of Joe Biden, incompetent as he so obviously is.

Oh no! You caught me on two words!! How ever will I survive??

Oh wait, you caught me on one word. "Nowhere" is, in fact, a word.
Nowhere | Definition of Nowhere by Merriam-Webster (merriam-webster.com)

What you claim is you educating people is nothing more than trying to denigrate something you dislike. There is nothing wrong with not liking spectator sports. There is, however, something wrong with trying to claim those who enjoy watching spectator sports are somehow less than you.

Not sure why you think my arguing with you on this topic is an example of "Leftist ignorance". Conservatives are probably more likely to enjoy watching spectator sports than liberals. And "Evil"? lol That is just laughable.

I know a lot of people are really into watching sports. It is important to them. It is a source of entertainment. Hell, my two sons and grandchildren are like that.

I usually don't push back when they discuss it. If they like it and it is fun to them then so be it.

Kudos to you for being civil to the Black guy. It is more civil than most Liberals are to Conservatives.

In a better world, or a better time, such pastimes can be a real uniting force, a real bride builder.

In a better world, or a better time, such pastimes can be a real uniting force, a real bride builder.

I wouldn't bother with it anyway but we should never have got to the place where millions of fans walked away from the NFL because of politics.

Liberals screw up everything they touch because they are assholes and when they tried to make football (and other sports) a filthy ass political statement all it did was divide America greater.

Liberals are full of hate and they can't help themselves from showing their ass every chance they get.

Couch potatoes by the scores of millions sit on their fat asses and watch the television where overpaid boys play games. It's all they can do.
Football, baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey and all the rest. How many couch potatoes exercise as much as they watch television? Very few.
How many "sports fans" go outside with their children and play ball or take a swim or bike ride? Very few.

Idiotic. Lame. Disgusting. Half of baseball players sit on the bench while the other half stand around waiting for that rare hit where the hitter runs and the guy fielding the ball might make a short run. Maybe.

Football "pros" try to injure each other and often succeed. Who cares who wins. You get up the next day and go to work, same as always.

How many millions of dollars are spent on flags, shirts, hats, stickers and tickets to games and all the rest. Then the wife wants a new washing machine to wash her couch potatoes dirty underwear and he squeals like a greedy little pig who's losing his beer money.
I am guilty! Love watching the Celtics, Pats and of course the Red Sox!

You did not write "nowhere." YOU wrote "no where."
The point is that your ignorance manifests itself in every way you write, even your ignorant spelling.
Now you try to correct me and say "nowhere" is a word, which is what I told YOU.

Now for some icing on your pate:

My portfolio was up over $7,000 today. So how did you do, "moderator" and what were your positions? I'm mostly in cash but hold many shares of QQQ, DIA SLV and some oil stocks.

You're a Leftist and as such, quite ignorant. It's futile to try to teach you anything.
Now go giggle some more.

What the hell is the point of this troll thread? The OP is clearly a very bored SOB.

The point is that your ignorance manifests itself in every way you write, even your ignorant spelling.
Now you try to correct me and say "nowhere" is a word, which is what I told YOU.

My portfolio was up over $7,000 today. So how did you do, "moderator" and what were your positions? I'm mostly in cash but hold many shares of QQQ, DIA SLV and some oil stocks.

You're a Leftist and as such, quite ignorant. It's futile to try to teach you anything.
Now go giggle some more.

My 401k is doing quite well. It is also quite diversified. I pay a professional to handle such things.

"No where" is perfectly acceptable in the context in which I used it.

You claim I am ignorant. And yet I understand the value of the teamwork and social bonding that happens around spectator sports. You, on the other hand, have decided that since you don't like it, it is bad. And you attempt to denigrate anyone who disagrees with you or enjoys spectator sports.

Now go giggle some more.

My 401k is doing quite well. It is also quite diversified. I pay a professional to handle such things.

"No where" is perfectly acceptable in the context in which I used it.

You claim I am ignorant. And yet I understand the value of the teamwork and social bonding that happens around spectator sports. You, on the other hand, have decided that since you don't like it, it is bad. And you attempt to denigrate anyone who disagrees with you or enjoys spectator sports.

I think what you're trying to say is that tennis princess is a fucking douche bag.

Sports are a civilized substitute for part of our genetic makeup that is entertained and stimulated by war. Both participating and watching.

Boxing - "civilized" Beating your opponent about the face and head
Unlimited Fighting - "civilized" Beating your opponent with knuckles, elbows, and kicks to the head until he is a bloody mess
Body Building - Taking steroids to grow muscles into grotesque and unnatural bulges while seriously compromising health and wellness
Eating Competitions - Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs - 75 hot dogs and buns eaten at one sitting
How entertaining and stimulating, not to mention healthy! Higher, faster, stronger. (Fatter. Bloodier.)

It is sad how weak a certain segment of society ^^^^^^ has become.

Couch potatoes by the scores of millions sit on their fat asses and watch the television where overpaid boys play games. It's all they can do.
Football, baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey and all the rest. How many couch potatoes exercise as much as they watch television? Very few.
How many "sports fans" go outside with their children and play ball or take a swim or bike ride? Very few.

Idiotic. Lame. Disgusting. Half of baseball players sit on the bench while the other half stand around waiting for that rare hit where the hitter runs and the guy fielding the ball might make a short run. Maybe.

Football "pros" try to injure each other and often succeed. Who cares who wins. You get up the next day and go to work, same as always.

How many millions of dollars are spent on flags, shirts, hats, stickers and tickets to games and all the rest. Then the wife wants a new washing machine to wash her couch potatoes dirty underwear and he squeals like a greedy little pig who's losing his beer money.
Sounds like you've studied it pretty well. I can't disagree. I'd like to see all of them go by the wayside. They have NO redeeming qualities.
:thankusmile: I second that.:thup:

Sports used to be a break from the world's bullshit. Now it is a highlight of how much bullshit is out there.
Ye

The couch potatoes/fans live vicariously through the players success. Most have lives so dull, their perceived "winning" is all they have. It proves just how pathetic it has become to live in the United States created by Ronald Reagan's "Reaganomics" and the stifling effect his "trickle down" and the associated conservative economic policies established since have had on average Americans.

:thankusmile: :yes_text12::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sounds like you've studied it pretty well. I can't disagree. I'd like to see all of them go by the wayside. They have NO redeeming qualities.

Now see, I have no problem with this opinion. You state what you think, and then state what you would prefer to see happen. The last sentence I do not believe is accurate, but ok.

What you did not do is call people who enjoy the game fatass. What you also did not do is to talk about the fans of the game as people who neglect their children.

Forum List

Back