How Pharma and Insurance Intend to Kill the Public Option

Isn't the GOP the party of the rich?

and the Democrats are not?......here is where you are brainwashed Bobo.....i can at least see that BOTH parties can give a rats ass about the rest of us....oh they will throw us a bone once in a while,maybe sometimes it will even have a little meat on it....but they both can give a rats ass about you and me....and right now the Democrats are going to do as little as possible,but yet make it look like they are doing every thing they can to "help us out".....here comes a bone with a little meat.....and the Dems. and Repub. leaders walk back into their chambers laughing and patting themselves on their backs knowing,that guys like Bobo just ate it up....
The difference is that rich Democrats want to help less fortunate people.
Republicans spend their time finding excuses for being selfish.

They didn't even want to give single payer a seat at the table. Today they get a seat at the table.

A Seat at the Table for Single-Payer

Now single payer is going to get an opportunity to squash all the right wing garbage can talking points on why it won't work.

Government making people's healthcare decisions doesn't work.
Right now, bureaucrats in the private health industry are making medical decisions for you. It's their job to make a profit, thus denying care.

They didn't even want to give single payer a seat at the table. Today they get a seat at the table.

A Seat at the Table for Single-Payer

Now single payer is going to get an opportunity to squash all the right wing garbage can talking points on why it won't work.

Government making people's healthcare decisions doesn't work.
Right now, bureaucrats in the private health industry are making medical decisions for you. It's their job to make a profit, thus denying care.

Hell, they'll deny you coverage if they can find a way to do it, should you actually need that coverage. They love you when you're healthy, but get sick, and they'll try to deny you that coverage if they can find a way to do so.

Of course they don't, since while the government is in charge of what companies are allowed to sell what, all they have to do is bribe them to keep out competition.

Wrong. It's the government going into business expressly to compete against them, and put them out of business. That's not the way it works in America.

The government through the FDA determines which drugs can or cannot be sold in the USA. In so doing they can be a limiting factor in which companies can or cannot sell in the USA market. The FFA, another government entity, determines the qualifications of aircraft to fly in American airways and can ground any aircraft they see fit. The SEC sets rules and determines the legitimacy of actions by Wall St. If there in noncompliance the offender can be arrested, fined and/or imprisoned whether he be a individual, a corporation or a individual (Martha Stewart for instance and Milken for another).

Now you want government bureaucrats to make the decisions Like throwing seniors under the bus. Damn you folks are greedy.

Get out of my country.

What country is that?

You can't possibly mean the USA.

If anyone needs to get out of "here" and go find a compfy fascist country to live in it should be you.

I still maintain that you are not a regular "civilian" poster. All your crap is as if you were a paid representative of an hmo.

I don't believe this is "your" country.

No offense to the other side in this debate, but I personally have never seen the "profit" motive as being a bad thing. In fact up until recently making a "profit" was a mark of success in business. I have to disagree here, to all those that believe that the "profit" motive is somehow an evil thing and therefor makes these insurance companies evil. Any company that enters into business has a goal to turn a profit for it's owner or shareholders and as a result the employee's benefit by more jobs, and more benefits. These evil people your talking about are everyday working Americans like you and I , they are bound by what the policies that the insured individuals sign. It's rather like going into a store and expecting the employee at the checkout stand to give you a 40% discount because you make less than the person in front of you. We are bound by the contracts on insurance we sign. So if the contract is the issue change the contract structure. While I understand that when a person suffers we all wish them the best and wish to take that suffering away, but we can do that by giving those among us that need medical insurance choices that are affordable and available by promoting a competetive environment and regulating where needed and allowing Americans to make their own health decisions. I put this in another post, and this point I am in agreement with President Obama on believe it or not, healthcare co-ops I have come to believe are a good method of reaching this goal. Where it allows small businesses, farmers, and individuals to form co-ops to buy health insurance at low cost. I honestly believe that this will have he effect of bringing in competetion in areas of the country that are underserved at the moment and bring down the costs of rural healthcare especially as long as its left in private hands. However, I don't think Nancy Pelosi is a big fan and has said as much.

No offense to the other side in this debate, but I personally have never seen the "profit" motive as being a bad thing. In fact up until recently making a "profit" was a mark of success in business. I have to disagree here, to all those that believe that the "profit" motive is somehow an evil thing and therefor makes these insurance companies evil. Any company that enters into business has a goal to turn a profit for it's owner or shareholders and as a result the employee's benefit by more jobs, and more benefits. These evil people your talking about are everyday working Americans like you and I , they are bound by what the policies that the insured individuals sign. It's rather like going into a store and expecting the employee at the checkout stand to give you a 40% discount because you make less than the person in front of you. We are bound by the contracts on insurance we sign. So if the contract is the issue change the contract structure. While I understand that when a person suffers we all wish them the best and wish to take that suffering away, but we can do that by giving those among us that need medical insurance choices that are affordable and available by promoting a competetive environment and regulating where needed and allowing Americans to make their own health decisions. I put this in another post, and this point I am in agreement with President Obama on believe it or not, healthcare co-ops I have come to believe are a good method of reaching this goal. Where it allows small businesses, farmers, and individuals to form co-ops to buy health insurance at low cost. I honestly believe that this will have he effect of bringing in competetion in areas of the country that are underserved at the moment and bring down the costs of rural healthcare especially as long as its left in private hands. However, I don't think Nancy Pelosi is a big fan and has said as much.

There is nothing wrong with profit in almost every sector. There are exceptions that make sense. These areas are known as the commons. Fire, police, water, highways, public transportation, and yes healthcare. These are things we as human beings cannot do without.

I am a small businessman. I am not a communist or a "lefty liberal". Single payer makes sense.

The hmo's need to see that they are going the way of the horse and buggy. Thier cost to society makes them obsolete.

Huggy, I don't think you see me label people as communist leftys, however, I don't see healthcare as a given right under the constitution. I see healthcare as a personal responsibilty issue that the frankly the Govt. has no business mandating. I see the healthcare providers, and the insurance companies as simply service companies that offer a for profit service that like any other business should be subject to regulation and controls. Personally, as I have said many times, I willingly admit this issue needs addressing but and this is just my opinion and cannot speak for anyone else, I do not believe the Fed. Govt. should be the ultimate source of insurance in this nation. I really do believe the Federal Govt. if they were doing their job properly would regulate where it was needed and provide an atmosphere that would allow competetion to thrive and allow people to have 500 choices for healthcare insurance rather than 50. When that happens all of us know competetion is a good thing, the more there is , prices come down. The Govts. job is to keep them all honest. If they are not doing that, then they need to. I just don't see "profit" as a bad or evil thing even in the insurance business.

Forum List

Back