How much Tax....

i paid $110,000 in state and federal over the 12 month period of 2004

plus god knows how much in sales taxes on what i got to keep and blow on wine and toys

manu1959 said:

plus god knows how much in sales taxes on what i got to keep and blow on wine and toys

$110K? Man, you need a good accountant you slimy rich bastard! :D After deductions?

manu1959 said:

DUCK---here come the women !!!!!!!!!! :eek2:

Funny that so many of you come right out with talk of personal things like sex and such, but only a few have stated what they paid in Fed. income taxes...that is so odd to me..

Mr. P said:
Funny that so many of you come right out with talk of personal things like sex and such, but only a few have stated what they paid in Fed. income taxes...that is so odd to me..
The question is sort of a set up------if you don't guess right, it means you're not intelligent. Sorta like a trick question.

Mr. P said:

That's because money is mundane, while sex is... well, sexy!

President Bush reported adjusted gross income of $784,219 for last year, on which he paid $207,307 in federal taxes - about $20,000 less than the previous year, according to the president's return released Friday by the White House.

In 2003 the president and first lady Laura Bush reported $822,126 in adjusted gross income and paid $227,490 in federal income taxes.

On their 2004 return the Bushes listed as income his presidential salary - about $400,000 - and investment income from trusts that hold their assets.

The couple contributed $77,785 - about 10 percent of their adjusted gross income - to churches and charitable organizations. Those included Evergreen Chapel at Camp David, Md., St. John's Church in Washington, the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army World Service Office, AmeriCares, an international relief organization; and the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

The Bushes paid $22,158 in state property taxes on their ranch near Crawford, Texas, up slightly from $21,352.

The White House also released the 2004 tax return filed by Vice President Dick Cheney and his wife, Lynne.

The report shows the Cheneys owe federal taxes for 2004 of $393,518 on adjusted gross income of $1.7 million.

Throughout last year, the Cheneys paid $290,855 in taxes through withholding and estimated tax payments. When they filed their return on Friday, they paid the remaining $102,663.

Mr. P said:
ONE Hour to go! Is there anyone that didn't pay any tax...they got money back?

That would be me. I get the 'earned income credit', have a mortgage, 3 kids and myself with tuition and fees. Still get stuck with plenty of taxes-sales, gasoline, gas, phone, electric, all sorts of 'hidden' taxes from which there is no escape!

Kathianne said:
That would be me. I get the 'earned income credit', have a mortgage, 3 kids and myself with tuition and fees. Still get stuck with plenty of taxes-sales, gasoline, gas, phone, electric, all sorts of 'hidden' taxes from which there is no escape!
No, don't tell me you got more back than ya payed in..please, Don't.

Mr. P said:
No, don't tell me you got more back than ya payed in..please, Don't.

I don't think it works that way...so no. But if it did, yup, bet I would!

Mr. P said:
You Socalist! You! :poke:
Well don't you worry. I won't be collecting SSI since I'll never be able to afford to retire. They got plenty there. :dev2:

Forum List

Back