How Much of a Theist or Atheist are You?

How Much of a Theist or Atheist are You?

• Strong Theist

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • De-facto Theist

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Weak Theist

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Pure Agnostic

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Weak Atheist

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • De-facto Atheist

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Strong Atheist

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Other

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters
I don't understand how a person can claim to "know", one way or the other.
There can be no 100%. No God believer will be truthful if they say they never have questioned. But many athiest swill tell they know they are 100% certain.
Well, it's an ideology, one way or the other. And part of being an ideologue is literally talking yourself into something you'd otherwise know isn't true.

4. Pure agnostic. It's the thinking person's position.
Agnostic is derived from the word ignorant.
So no, while agnostic is about thinking, a thinking person must seek the truth and find it.
Everyone seeks the truth, agnostics simply acknowledge that we haven't found it yet.
Please. 12% think Elvis is alive, people think we never walked on the moon and half of America thinks Islam is a religion of peace.
You are correct to infer that only agnostics are right. Why? What did you choose?

So no, while agnostic is about thinking, a thinking person must seek the truth and find it.
Everyone seeks the truth, agnostics simply acknowledge that we haven't found it yet.
Please. 12% think Elvis is alive, people think we never walked on the moon and half of America thinks Islam is a religion of peace.
You are correct to infer that only agnostics are right. Why? What did you choose?
I never said athiests are right. I said they think they have no possibility in their thought process that maybe they are wrong.

There can be no 100%. No God believer will be truthful if they say they never have questioned. But many athiest swill tell they know they are 100% certain.
Well, it's an ideology, one way or the other. And part of being an ideologue is literally talking yourself into something you'd otherwise know isn't true.
I'm an engineer, it got down to statistical probabilities using the evidence available. And when you get to 99.99999998% you go with it, no matter how uncomfortable the answer is.

I never said athiests are right. I said they think they have no possibility in their thought process that maybe they are wrong.
ag-nos-tic, not atheist.

I'm an engineer, it got down to statistical probabilities using the evidence available. And when you get to 99.99999998% you go with it, no matter how uncomfortable the answer is.
My youngest daughter is in college right now, majoring in engineering/biomedical engineering.

When we visited her there, she was talking about how finding seats in class is different than in high school:

"Nobody makes fun of you because you want to sit in the front row. We ALL want to sit in the front row!"

:laugh:

ag-nos-tic, not atheist.
An agnostic is someone too lazy to make up their mind in the most important issue in their lives.

ag-nos-tic, not atheist.
An agnostic is someone to lazy to make up their mind in the most important issue in their lives.
Show me some real proof to tilt me one way or the other and I'll stop being lazy. :D

ag-nos-tic, not atheist.
An agnostic is someone to lazy to make up their mind in the most important issue in their lives.

On the contrary, an agnostic is at the least one who sees the folly in binary thinking.

ag-nos-tic, not atheist.

On the contrary, an agnostic is at the least one who sees the folly in binary thinking.
The existence of God is a binary issue. It's a yes/no issue.
And the most important issue every person has in their lives.

Means you have simply made Science your religion.

You have ignored Religion and you are ignorant of Philosophy.

So you are not completely superstitious but not completely smart either.

ag-nos-tic, not atheist.
Show me some real proof to tilt me one way or the other and I'll stop being lazy. :D
I said the decision must be made upon available evidence. It's like gravity. All the available evidence is there and you can make a decision if it exists or not.

One may say that 'God' made the Universe, but the idea that 'God' is an old male human with magical powers is no more than a fairytale.

Forum List

Back