How much exercise do you get?

I swim at the Y three or four days a week and also do the treadmill at home another one or two days.

And, even though exercise is the last thing I feel like doing after work, I always do it right after work because it will not get done if I don’t.

Also, the hour (or so) I dedicate to this most days actually helps me get more done because I always have plenty of energy after I exercise.

I belong to a sports club just for the running track. I don't run but walk fast (just to get it overwith).

I do lots of situps, pullups and pushups just while I'm watching tv. Hundreds and I keep adding more. lol At work, I do a lot of stretches throughout the day when nobody is around. I also meditate 10 minutes only in the morning to a guided meditational video on a website. She changes the meditation every month so it's always fresh.

I practice being present and living the stillness throughout the day. I think I'm better, not perfect by a longshot but better.

I swim at the Y three or four days a week and also do the treadmill at home another one or two days.

And, even though exercise is the last thing I feel like doing after work, I always do it right after work because it will not get done if I don’t.

Also, the hour (or so) I dedicate to this most days actually helps me get more done because I always have plenty of energy after I exercise.

Yeah, swimming is GREAT exercise! I did about an hour of laps yesterday. I do an IM to work all the muscles. The butterfly is the hardest, but it feels good doing it.

Going back out to the pool again today for more, I love summer!

I'm generally in the gym 5-6 hours a week.

Sundays are cardio and weights
Tuesdays are a full hour cardio
Wednedsays are cardio and weights
Thursdays are a cardio warmup and then an hour with the personal trainer
Saturdays are a 2 hour cardio/weights metabolism and heartrate training class

I'm off-schedule a little this week because Saturday is the Ruckus Boston event I'm participating in..... It's a 3.5 mile run with 25 military style obstacles...... monkey bars, mud pits, climbing nets, 8' wall, etc... Go to Ruckus Sports. Do You Play Hard? or search for Ruckus Boston 2010 on YouTube if you're interested in seeing more about it.

When I would get off work I'd drive straight to the gym to work out, that way I am there. When you're home it's hard to get your ass off the couch and go back out to the gym. Plus, you'll feel better after you work out, and have more energy!

I'll second that, EZ. That's how I do it as well. I find that Sundays are the worst day because I'm not at work. It's a lot harder to get up and go even that Saturdays because Sunday isn't an organized event (Saturdays are a class), so I'm more likely to consider blowing it off.

Now that spring/summer are finally here, daughter and I ride bikes daily. I've got a map of the city and mark off the streets. The goal is to ride every street.
Got a lot of winter fat to work off!

I have a Beagle.

That being said, I can't just let him out to take care of his needs because he'll take off and be gone for hours chasing whatever's out there. Rabbits are his favorite quarry, but he's not particular; cats will do him just fine.

So he takes me out for two walks per day, everyday. On a normal day, we'll put in between two to three miles.

Last edited:
My middle finger on my left hand is currently getting a workout.
(I mouse with my left hand...........)

Yeah, swimming is GREAT exercise! I did about an hour of laps yesterday. I do an IM to work all the muscles. The butterfly is the hardest, but it feels good doing it.

Going back out to the pool again today for more, I love summer!

If you can do the butterfly, you are a better swimmer than I am. Indeed, whenever I try anything fancy, I wind up almost drowning myself. So I mostly stick to just regular swimming and hope that I will get better in time.

Enjoy the pool.

Do you work out?

Walk?

Ride your bike?

Swim?

Do Yoga?

What's your routine to stay fit?
I play hockey and flag football. A little skiing still. Mostly stuff like push ups, sit ups, crunches. I don't hit the weights much anymore. A lot of hiking, a bit of biking. Swimming when ever I can sponge an invite. LOL

LMAO!

We drove by a place the other day that advertised "Pole Dancing" exercise. I think it was called "Pole Ups" or something like that. My 15 yo daughter was like, "WTH"?

I heard it's good for toning the body, that must be why stippers are so fit! :lol:

It is great exercise... and really good fun. I love it. But.... one must dress for it... and not rush there without considering the potential wardrobe malfunction of hanging upside down. :eek::redface: If you're gonna give it a try, this is wise advice. :eusa_angel:

So my tube top and diamond enhanced daisy dukes would be ok?
It will work for me.

I'm so lazy that I make the wife work the tv remote control for me. I have to conserve my strength for making babies on a moments notice. Father's Day is coming up. Can't miss the opportunity to become a Father again.

Last edited:
Do you work out?

Walk?

Ride your bike?

Swim?

Do Yoga?

What's your routine to stay fit?

I walk a lot. a real lot. to and from work each day about 3 miles. I walk to the stores rather than drive where practical. Plus I hike a lot.

In the summer I swim a half mile a day, a mile on weekends.

I do some weights, in moderation.

Most of my excercise comes from a lot of physical labor. I mean I have an office job but I do a ton of yardwork. Digging, building rock walls, splitting rocks. I cut 5-7 chords of firewood a year. I cut down the trees, log the wood, haul it out of the woods. Cut it into 16sections and stack it. Then I split it. most by hand with a maul, the larger stuff with a log splitter. then I restack it in finished chords. At about 5000 lb a chord and I move each chord at least 4-5 times in the process. that's a lot of weight.

I played hockey until I destroyed my knee. IDK, maybe I'll get the nerve to lace up the skates again this year. We'll see

Forum List

Back