How much exercise do you get?

I swim at the Y three or four days a week and also do the treadmill at home another one or two days.

And, even though exercise is the last thing I feel like doing after work, I always do it right after work because it will not get done if I don’t.

Also, the hour (or so) I dedicate to this most days actually helps me get more done because I always have plenty of energy after I exercise.

Yeah, swimming is GREAT exercise! I did about an hour of laps yesterday. I do an IM to work all the muscles. The butterfly is the hardest, but it feels good doing it.

Going back out to the pool again today for more, I love summer!

I have a pool actually and never use it. I know swimming is the best exercise but I really dont like the water. I would rather run or bike.

OMG I wish I had a pool, I love swimming, I float some of the rivers in the summer around here and that's about the only chance I get to do that anymore.

Physical therapy has me bicycling 2 miles and walking 1.5 twice a week.

between that and walking around a restaurant all day you'd think I'd lose some damn weight
:redface:

OMG I wish I had a pool, I love swimming, I float some of the rivers in the summer around here and that's about the only chance I get to do that anymore.

(if you ever get a chance to get a home with a pool, you have to take into consideration how much of a pain it is to keep up.) Between the chemicals, pump, electricity to run the pump, keeping it clean, the skimmer etc. I did a cost to fun ratio on it and found I hate the damn thing.

(if you ever get a chance to get a home with a pool, you have to take into consideration how much of a pain it is to keep up.) Between the chemicals, pump, electricity to run the pump, keeping it clean, the skimmer etc. I did a cost to fun ratio on it and found I hate the damn thing.

Not to mention the cost to heat it in this part of the country!!
I understand completely, I had a hot tub for years and the maintenance on that is nothing compared to a pool.

Forum List

Back