Speaking of TV.........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by random3434, Jun 1, 2011.

1. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    How much TV do you watch a day? I find myself watching it less and less, some days I don't have it on at all.

I'd rather hang out on our back deck, or go on walks, etc.

I don't even care to watch the news anymore. I figure if something major happens, I'll find out about it on here! :lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,235
  3. Steve Hanson

Steve Hanson Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Not much at all. In fact I'm not sure why I paying for a service right now. The kids are either off in school or deployed. It collects dust except for the occaisional rainy day movie.

4. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    I keep mine on all day long because here lately, no matter what channel I put it on, nobody is wearing any clothes. It works out real well if you're watching those attractive ladies on the Weather Channel but it's a real bummer if you turn it on to the Glenn Beck Show.

5. Blagger

Blagger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    A rarely watch TV during my spare time anymore either, EZ. Apart from the occasional diamond in the dirt, so to speak - such as Downton Abbey, which my wife can't go without, British TV has descended into the repetative, low-rate depths of endless cookery programmes and reality TV. Much the same as American TV, so my wife tells me. Though that said, we both watch CBS' The Mentalist.

No, most of the stuff I'm interested in these days can be viewed online. Besides, there's only so many Disney re-runs a chap can stand without turning a sharp instrument of some sort on the woman he loves.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I got rid of cable last September, there are a few shows I miss, but I can either watch online or get dvd's from the library, entire season for $1. I listen to the radio for 4 minutes for the news and I'm good. Don't really miss and have a lot more time.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Six. Seven if there's something good on.

8. Spoonman

Spoonman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,748
    Mmmm, not a lot. I could go weeks without watching. Especially in the summer. In the winter I like to sit in front of the fire on weekends nights and I'll watch a bit. Usually TLC or Discovery. I like the survival shows. Swamp Loggers. I don't watch much on a regular basis. I guess the only things I watch regular are American Idol and a show I never in a million years thought I could ever get into, Glee :eek: But I like it. I guess there are a ton of other things I'd rather be doing

9. Spoonman

Spoonman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,748
    I download a lot on torrents. Sometimes I'll watch that. Everytime I'm looking for a good movie on TV there is nothing on. At least this way i have a ton to pick from

10. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    TV is probably the single worst media feature disaster we've ever experienced, (next but not a close runner up; the pager).

I remember one Far Side ( gary larson) cartoon in particular, it has the 'generic' African tribesmen running across a rope bridge with a big TV in his hands and several 'generic' suburbanites chasing him, waving their arms, yelling etc etc ...

the caption, I beleive went something like;

" Ubangi successfully steals civilizations Idol. It now belonged to his tribe, as well as its curse".

Morrow saw through it and I am quite sure hs is disappointed.

As the Great Gonzo said; "TV is a cruel and shallow money trench were good men go to die like dogs..." ( paraphrased but very close)...

and I would ad; "TV, were promising minds go to be cored like apples...."

I try to watch as little as possible, but when I post here I inevitably have it on in the background...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011