How much do you think Obama really cares about you?

So, because I prefer not to spend good money after bad money on weapons systems that do not work or an aircraft such as the F-22, that requires 18 hours of maintenance for every ONE hour of flight time, I am an idiot???

No...the fact that you interpret what I say with such a spin is what makes you an idiot in my eyes.

I never mentioned Iraq, yet you imply I said the Iraq war made us safer.
I never mentioned the F-22 or defense systems, yet you imply that I said that such is what our money should be spent on.

Fair enough. What else did Bush do to make us safer? Hint: Don't tell me about wiretaps on innocent Americans or the TSA.
As far as wasteful defense speding goes, I NEVER implied that you said anything about it. I was simply stating MY opinion on where we should be spending our money. Perhaps you should go back and reread what I actually typed?

Again, I am not a Bush fan...never was. However, his rhetoric kept us vigilant..as we needed to be. Now what do we see? Security guards sleeping on the job at airports...at bridges....no one seems to care anymore.....they dont even care enough to actually doi the job they were hired to do...STAY AWAKE AND BE VIGILANT.

Wire taps on innocent Americans? No...wire taps on guilty terrorists....the innocent Americans are what is referred to as "collateral damage". There will AlWAYS be those that are victims of policies that are for the greater good.....but to criticize a policxy that helps 300 million becuase it may impose on a dozen or so is foolish. All of us get the benefits of ALL defensiove policies...and yes, some of us, a very few, may get the short end in return.

Me? Never once carried a bomb or a gun on a plane. NEVER! Yet, everytime I fly, I must strip don to my socks; have my bags searched, stand on line for 2 hours......I am what is known as collateral damage for the greater good.

Sorry...went off topic.

What has Obama done to make us safer? ALl I know is before Obama, guards were very vigilant....now they are sleeping on the job...and THAT is all we know about.....think about it.

No...the fact that you interpret what I say with such a spin is what makes you an idiot in my eyes.

I never mentioned the F-22 or defense systems, yet you imply that I said that such is what our money should be spent on.

Fair enough. What else did Bush do to make us safer? Hint: Don't tell me about wiretaps on innocent Americans or the TSA.
As far as wasteful defense speding goes, I NEVER implied that you said anything about it. I was simply stating MY opinion on where we should be spending our money. Perhaps you should go back and reread what I actually typed?

Again, I am not a Bush fan...never was. However, his rhetoric kept us vigilant..as we needed to be. Now what do we see? Security guards sleeping on the job at airports...at bridges....no one seems to care anymore.....they dont even care enough to actually doi the job they were hired to do...STAY AWAKE AND BE VIGILANT.

Wire taps on innocent Americans? No...wire taps on guilty terrorists....the innocent Americans are what is referred to as "collateral damage". There will AlWAYS be those that are victims of policies that are for the greater good.....but to criticize a policxy that helps 300 million becuase it may impose on a dozen or so is foolish. All of us get the benefits of ALL defensiove policies...and yes, some of us, a very few, may get the short end in return.

Me? Never once carried a bomb or a gun on a plane. NEVER! Yet, everytime I fly, I must strip don to my socks; have my bags searched, stand on line for 2 hours......I am what is known as collateral damage for the greater good.

Sorry...went off topic.

What has Obama done to make us safer? ALl I know is before Obama, guards were very vigilant....now they are sleeping on the job...and THAT is all we know about.....think about it.

What makes you say that?

Sorry...went off topic.

What makes you say that?

The fact that here in NY, 2 guards were photographed sleeping on the job at the GW Bridge.
The fact that just yesterday, 2 screening guards were filemd sleeping on the job at Ohare Airport.
The fact that last week in Penn Station NY, my train buddy left his briefcase in the terminal next to Aunti Annes where he bought a pretzel.....and ten minutes later, when he realized it, he ran upstairs to get it.....and it was still there untouched.

Sorry...went off topic.

Really?

NewsMine.org - Abc news ships depleted uranium container

Not to detract from what Bush and our intelligence community have done in the past, put the reality is that we were damned lucky more than anything else.

Last edited:

Sorry...went off topic.

What makes you say that?

The fact that here in NY, 2 guards were photographed sleeping on the job at the GW Bridge.
The fact that just yesterday, 2 screening guards were filemd sleeping on the job at Ohare Airport.
The fact that last week in Penn Station NY, my train buddy left his briefcase in the terminal next to Aunti Annes where he bought a pretzel.....and ten minutes later, when he realized it, he ran upstairs to get it.....and it was still there untouched.

Anecdotal evidence. Whether or not guards are sleeping on the job has no relevance to Obama's policy on National Defense. Now, I disagree with Obama on this one, but there have been NO changes in policy between Bush and Obama. I don't see how you can blame sleeping guards on Obama.

What makes you say that?

Anecdotal evidence. Whether or not guards are sleeping on the job has no relevance to Obama's policy on National Defense. Now, I disagree with Obama on this one, but there have been NO changes in policy between Bush and Obama. I don't see how you can blame sleeping guards on Obama.

You did not see the context of the debate. The one I was debating ridiculed the rhetoric of Bush as it referred to national security. I, on the ohterhand pointed out that such rhetoric was necessary as it kept us vigilant.

No...policies have not changed....but the attitude toward national security has...and you can not deny that people are a lot less vigilant.

I think very little.

And do you think that is more, or less, or the same as any other politician?

Ahhh...but this is the FIRST politician in recent history that has opted to alienate 50% of the people...ridicule those that exercise their right to free speech, and blast the most successful.
He is dividing the country like no other in recent history.

You did not see the context of the debate. The one I was debating ridiculed the rhetoric of Bush as it referred to national security. I, on the ohterhand pointed out that such rhetoric was necessary as it kept us vigilant.

No...policies have not changed....but the attitude toward national security has...and you can not deny that people are a lot less vigilant.

I feel that the majority of the attitude change has less to do with the rhetoric, and more to do with the fact that people get complacent. Even so, I'm sure we could find plenty of security guards sleeping during the Bush years too.

I think very little.

Ahhh...but this is the FIRST politician in recent history that has opted to alienate 50% of the people...ridicule those that exercise their right to free speech, and blast the most successful.

How has he alienated any more people than Bush did? I mean, Bush incurred so much hatred that liberals are still talking about him constantly. How has Obama personally ridiculed anyone's right to free speech? When has he "blasted" the most successful?

I think very little.

Seriously? Seriously??? Where were you in the last few years. You are aware that half the country dispised Bush just as half the country now dispises Obama, aren't you?

Seriously? Seriously??? Where were you in the last few years. You are aware that half the country dispised Bush just as half the country now dispises Obama, aren't you?

Bush NEVER ridiculed his dissenters. He NEVER pitted one group of people against another. He NEVER said "becuase of them, you are suffering".

Bush was by no means a great President as a great president will always have a much higher approval rating....he was a fickle President............but he NEVER used people and lambasted people to get support from another group of people.

THAT type of attitude, in my eyes, is dangerous for ANY country.

This is text....and you should know that text can be read anyway the readewr wished to read it.....so please...do not read into what I am saying....take it at face value.

I did not support Bush for his outrageous "big governent" attitude. I do not support Obama for the same reason multipled......But Obama is a campaigner....and now that he is running the show, he is using campaign tactics to get support....and campaign tactics of him and Axelrod have always been/....."those people are bad evil people and I will see to it that they will never hurt you again".

He is a divider....and it is very concerning.

How has he alienated any more people than Bush did? I mean, Bush incurred so much hatred that liberals are still talking about him constantly. How has Obama personally ridiculed anyone's right to free speech? When has he "blasted" the most successful?

He stood in front of a crowd and emulated holding a teabag as he referred to "those teabaggers"......

He blasts the successful.

Bush did what he wanted regardless of his support numbers.

Obama says what people want to hear FOR support numbers.

He then does what he pleases regardless of what he says he will do.

Bush NEVER ridiculed his dissenters. He NEVER pitted one group of people against another.

:rofl:

Riiiiiiiiiiight! :thup:

Because people who opposed the Iraq war really don't support the troops.

Because people who weren't with us are against us.

Because people who didn't support the Patriot Act are by definition terrorist supporters and unPatriotic.

No ridicule there at all. No pitting one group against another :lol:

Forum List

Back