How much do you spend per month on gasoline on you car?

How much do you spend per month on gasoline on you car?

• Less than $75

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • $75 to $100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $101 to $125

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • $125 to $150

• $150 to $175

• $175 to $200

• $200 to $250

• More than $250

• Total voters
I'm guessing under $75 --- at present prices. Never really kept track.

It depends greatly on whether I'm working that month (I'm semi-retired) but if I am working, which nearly always involves long or at least several hours' trips out of town, my fuel is reimbursed so I don't count it.

I live in the sticks where town facilities are 16 miles away, so I consolidate and knock out as many things as I can per trip, and avoid them altogether when I can. My vehicles are not that fuel-efficient (30-35 mpg) so that's my next thing to work on.

I guess that I can consider myself lucky. I have a 12 minute commute to work, and my wife's is less than 20.
All essentials are within 10 minutes of home. One small car, so worst-case for a month is $60 on gas.

Leisure, work or both?
Both , total spending. At some point In the future I would like to add a note on how many solar panels + electric equipment would be required to cover for the expense of gasoline.

No, my hubby is in management for a service business, constantly on the road between 3 counties.
Leisure, work or both?
Both , total spending. At some point In the future I would like to add a note on how many solar panels + electric equipment would be required to cover for the expense of gasoline.
Close to $500.
Holly crap !!
Are you a taxi / bus driver ?

No, my hubby is in management for a service business, constantly on the road between 3 counties.
Leisure, work or both?
Close to $500.
Holly crap !!

Those expenses would be reimbursed, would they not?

I figure, if you're reimbursed for work expenses, it's not "spending".

He said to include work and leisure. I asked.
Spending is spending, no matter how it is paid for, you know.
Leisure, work or both?
Close to $500.
Holly crap !!

Close to $500.
Holly crap !!

Then we need clarification --- I took that to mean "commuting TO work", not the work itself.

If you're, say, a taxi driver, you're going to "spend" a lot on fuel, but that "spending" is offset by your fares. That can't be compared with your actual expenses of going to the store, going out for leisure activities, etc. The latter will always be there, the former is only the nature of the work. If you didn't pick up taxi fares ----- you wouldn't need all that fuel.

My work always involves going somewhere far away, but I'm always compensated for it. If I didn't make the work trip, I wouldn't get the compensation. If you take that spending literally, the question becomes meaningless. Because in effect you're "spending" someone else's money.

Close to $500.
Holly crap !!

Then we need clarification --- I took that to mean "commuting TO work", not the work itself.

If you're, say, a taxi driver, you're going to "spend" a lot on fuel, but that "spending" is offset by your fares. That can't be compared with your actual expenses of going to the store, going out for leisure activities, etc. The latter will always be there, the former is only the nature of the work. If you didn't pick up taxi fares ----- you wouldn't need all that fuel.

My work always involves going somewhere far away, but I'm always compensated for it. If I didn't make the work trip, I wouldn't get the compensation. If you take that spending literally, the question becomes meaningless. Because in effect you're "spending" someone else's money.

Interesting. Yes , I think truck / bus drivers and taxi drivers should be excluded from the poll as that doesn't really count as domestic consumption, which is the intent of the poll.
Yup, pilots are also excluded.

It's his thread, pogo, he can set the parameters he wants.
I own several dozen cars. Their MPG varies significantly.
But you can only use one at a time... so take the average.
At some point of my life I owned 2 cars, though the milleage for both of them was similar.

If he owns "several dozen" cars, they're either a hobby or a business fleet, neither of which counts as personal expenses.

It's his thread, pogo, he can set the parameters he wants.
I own several dozen cars. Their MPG varies significantly.
But you can only use one at a time... so take the average.
At some point of my life I owned 2 cars, though the milleage for both of them was similar.

If he owns "several dozen" cars, they're either a hobby or a business fleet, neither of which counts as personal expenses.

If you don't comprehend the difference between personal expenses and business expenses, I take it you've never done income taxes.

We drive a lot of miles and get about 30MPG but we don't keep track.

We're talking about buying a new RAV-4 so our mileage should still be excellent.

We drive a lot of miles and get about 30MPG but we don't keep track.

We're talking about buying a new RAV-4 so our mileage should still be excellent.

A lot at times. Starting about...about the year 1999, people were stealing gas from my vehicle, and it became more prominent and regular.....I believe about June of 2003, where my residence currently is.

Sending me military CD's, request for credit cards, overcharging me at grocery stores, Like Wal-Mart......and the list of me being overcharged financially.... goes on...and on...and on.

Shadow 355

i get 29.38 miles per gal.....check last week....live in a rural area....nearest walmart...30 minutes in any direction...nearest grocery about 13 miles....hubby works on beech....and his car is only for work....so perhaps....$200. a month for both of us...

Forum List

Back