How Many Years of Negotiations With China Ahead?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I'm of the opinion that the Negotiations will run out Trump's eligibility to be president and that may be true of his successor as well. So why does anyone make stock picks based on the assumption that the trade war is over?

I'm of the opinion that the Negotiations will run out Trump's eligibility to be president and that may be true of his successor as well. So why does anyone make stock picks based on the assumption that the trade war is over?

Good question.

Desperation?

This latest Fed-driven, stock-buyback, bull market feels similar to before the dot.com crash. Except this boom has been going on for almost 10 years and fundamentals have LONG since been discarded and it's all about government/Fed stimuli keeping the party going.
So when even the slightest hint of tariffs/Fed news...the market overreacts.

If the market were more fundamentals driven, this news would mean not all that much. Something, for certain. But not significant until something was signed.

But now? Even a hint means almost everything.

Good question.

Desperation?

This latest Fed-driven, stock-buyback, bull market feels similar to before the dot.com crash. Except this boom has been going on for almost 10 years and fundamentals have LONG since been discarded and it's all about government/Fed stimuli keeping the party going.
So when even the slightest hint of tariffs/Fed news...the market overreacts.

If the market were more fundamentals driven, this news would mean not all that much. Something, for certain. But not significant until something was signed.

But now? Even a hint means almost everything.

I'm already in issues that benefit from increasing crude prices while pipelines snarled up in the courts and have a shortage of skilled help.

I don't like trump I'm a Dem but I don't believe Trump will let China play games So there's a good chance 25% tariffs might be coming in Jan

Forum List

Back