how many wars would there be if religion evaporated?

I am thinking about 0

I know of one in particular that is responsible for 90% of the wars today :eusa_whistle:

But whatever.... its all the jews fault right?

go on..

stock-photo-rastafarian-reggae-flag-3158278.jpg

Its those darn Rastas!

I am thinking about 0

Only one religion would need to be evaporated to achieve that and that would be Islam. They're the ones causing all the crap in the world.

Islam was isolated for a long time from the rest of the world. They mainly fought other Muslims. I'd have to say Christianity is responsible for most wars. The Crusades, other wars that were fought trying to turn pagans into Christians, The Inquisition which although it wasnt a war killed a lot of smart people, you could even say colonization was done to convert people although it was mainly for economic exploitation.

I am thinking about 0

Only one religion would need to be evaporated to achieve that and that would be Islam. They're the ones causing all the crap in the world.

Islam was isolated for a long time from the rest of the world. They mainly fought other Muslims. I'd have to say Christianity is responsible for most wars. The Crusades, other wars that were fought trying to turn pagans into Christians, The Inquisition which although it wasnt a war killed a lot of smart people, you could even say colonization was done to convert people although it was mainly for economic exploitation.
um, you do understand that the "crusades" were a responsive action to Muslim invasion, right?

I am thinking about 0

Dig in the present where you can smell the grass and see the light. This is by far one of the best religious information websites on the WWW, and should be bookmarked.

ReligiousTolerance.org by the Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance

Conflicts in: Nazareth in Israel,
Kashmir,
Nigeria,
Philippines,
Yugoslavia-Kosovo,
Yugoslavia-Vojvodia

There are many more, mainly between christians & muslims squaring off. S the answer would be, no religion, fewer wars. IMO

um, you do understand that the "crusades" were a responsive action to Muslim invasion, right?

:eusa_shhh:

Let them have their fun.... Im going to bed :lol:

I am thinking about 0

Oh yeah, The Crusades! I just read something in newspaper about them suicide bombing school buses and hijacking airplanes just as resiliently as 1,600 years ago. Maybe we should worry about them first and then the Muslims.

I am thinking about 0

It is amazing how willing people are to tout their ignorance as expertise. Tell you what, here is a partial list of wars throughout history, why don't you go through it, count all the wars, and then count the ones actually started by Christians.

Lists of wars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please note that any responsible definition of Christians does not include governments, and that includes the Holy Roman Empire. I could make the case that it also includes the Roman Catholic Church, since that is essentially a government, but I am willing to concede that those wars should be counted.

how many wars would there be if religion evaporated?

First? Religion isn't going away...Second? I don't like hypotheticals...so my comments are what they are in this thread, and this is the last one I will make on this topic.

this is a trick question. there would be one war followed by five hundred years of a nukular cloud then eventual human parity, you know, when population isn't the biggest problem anymore.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Forum List

Back