how many wars would there be if religion evaporated?

Wars are started over resources. They have it, we want it, lets get it.

Who's big sky daddy can beat up the other guy's sky daddy is just what is used as a convenient tool to sell it to people.

If there were no sky daddies, then another tool would be used.
HOW DARE YOU

why do you bring rational thought into this discussion

;)

Who's big sky daddy can beat up the other guy's sky daddy is just what is used as a convenient tool to sell it to people.

HOW DARE YOU

;)

So sorry, won't happen again, I swear.

HOW DARE YOU

;)

So sorry, won't happen again, I swear.
you are forgiven

this time
LOL

Only one religion would need to be evaporated to achieve that and that would be Islam. They're the ones causing all the crap in the world.

Islam was isolated for a long time from the rest of the world. They mainly fought other Muslims. I'd have to say Christianity is responsible for most wars. The Crusades, other wars that were fought trying to turn pagans into Christians, The Inquisition which although it wasnt a war killed a lot of smart people, you could even say colonization was done to convert people although it was mainly for economic exploitation.
Wrong. The crusades were in response to muslims slaughtering Christians. It is so easy to blame Christianity when so many defend the true evil, islam.

The crusades were over resources as well.

Mainly, land. In a roundabout way.

Islam was isolated for a long time from the rest of the world. They mainly fought other Muslims. I'd have to say Christianity is responsible for most wars. The Crusades, other wars that were fought trying to turn pagans into Christians, The Inquisition which although it wasnt a war killed a lot of smart people, you could even say colonization was done to convert people although it was mainly for economic exploitation.
Wrong. The crusades were in response to muslims slaughtering Christians. It is so easy to blame Christianity when so many defend the true evil, islam.

but it was also a response to the muslims invading europe

but it was also a response to the muslims invading europe

Eh, the muslim invasion was really very secondary.

Think about it. You're a nobel, your first born is going to inherent everything. Tough shit for anyone who came after the first born.

But wait, they can get some shit if they go and fight in the middle east. Most likely, they won't survive. So...solution found. They die, they're no longer a drain on the family. This was the most common outcome. If they don't die, then they can become a nobel-born through these acts of fighting for Jebus (as granted by the church or the ruling feudal lords), and they get some of their own land (albeit a pretty small plot by comparison). The third outcome is they survive....but never come back anyway.

Kinda the same reason the third born male usually went into the monastery. Get rid of the drain on the family resources.

I am thinking about 0

Then you need to read more history. There would be the same number of wars because some people are greedy and want more of everything and will kill to get it. I remember reading a book a long time ago and one of the quotes that stuck with me was "if you kill one person you are a murderer, if you kill millions you are a conqueror, if you kill everyone you are God." This is not religious in any way it is a statement of raw evil and religion is not neccessary for the definition of evil.

I am thinking about 0

I am thinking that your IQ is about "0" eh?

Look bro, There would still be war if there were no religions. Even though I do believe that religion has caused many wars, so we agree on that point. As long as there are POOR and the RICH, the unfortunate and the elite, or the lazy and the productive, there will be War. Most revolutions were caused by those circumstances, not religion.

Many Wars of the past yes, were started and ended by religion. However, even the Wars of today, believe it or not, are more about power / resources, than religion. So, as long as there are humans on this earth, there will be War. ~BH

Only one religion would need to be evaporated to achieve that and that would be Islam. They're the ones causing all the crap in the world.

This is the REAL problem. The crybaby Christians THINK and are TOTALLY CONVINCED that many defend Islam. You assholes perpetuate your own boogyman. Out of 15,000 plus members here I haven't seen ANYONE defend Muslim terrorism and maybe a tiny handful ..like two or three defend Islam in any way what so ever.

The REAL problem is that all you Christians KNOW the fundamentals of your religion are horse shit. NONE of it makes any sense at all. It is ALL a pile of make believe crap that even you...ALL of you wouldn't buy for a second if presented to you in ANY other format or context than your STUPID BIBLE.

Maybe 10% of your holy scripture makes any sense at all. The rest is straight out of a mad mans dream.

The same goes for Islam. The same goes for the MorMans only TWICE as CRAZY!

THAT is why all of you religious people fight ALL of the time. You are ALL fucking crazy! There is no difference between any of you and some psychopath killer mad man locked up in a mental institution for the criminally insane that believes God told him to commit his crimes. You and he BOTH have FULL FAITH in spite of all of the evidence and common sense believe 100% that you are right. You are all no different than "The Son Of Sam" that believed his dog told him to kill people. No difference at all. The REAL problem is that there are not enough meds on the planet to help you.

This is the REAL problem. The crybaby Christians THINK and are TOTALLY CONVINCED that many defend Islam. You assholes perpetuate your own boogyman. Out of 15,000 plus members here I haven't seen ANYONE defend Muslim terrorism and maybe a tiny handful ..like two or three defend Islam in any way what so ever.

The REAL problem is that all you Christians KNOW the fundamentals of your religion are horse shit. NONE of it makes any sense at all. It is ALL a pile of make believe crap that even you...ALL of you wouldn't buy for a second if presented to you in ANY other format or context than your STUPID BIBLE.

Maybe 10% of your holy scripture makes any sense at all. The rest is straight out of a mad mans dream.

THAT is why all of you religious people fight ALL of the time. You are ALL fucking crazy! There is no difference between any of you and some psychopath killer mad man locked up in a mental institution for the criminally insane that believes God told him to commit his crimes. You and he BOTH have FULL FAITH in spite of all of the evidence and common sense believe 100% that you are right. You are all no different than "The Son Of Sam" that believed his dog told him to kill people. No difference at all. The REAL problem is that there are not enough meds on the planet to help you.

Drink much ? :lol:

I've had three drinks in the last 9 months. My last one was around Christmas. It was a coffee nudge with brunch ...a ham and egg and hash browns breakfast my buddy bought me. We play pool about every other Sunday while his laundry is processing down the street.

Nope...I'm just tired of you people dancing around the real issues and insanely avoiding the elephant that is taking up the whole room and sucking out all the oxygen.

What you people should do that HAVE to believe in a God.. is throw all of your ancient bibles into the garbage and start over from scratch with no prompting from churches. See if you can find your God with just the evidence that exists here and now. If you catch yourselves referring back to your Bibles just blow your brains out because you are not capable of honestly seeking the truth.

I've had three drinks in the last 9 months. My last one was around Christmas. It was a coffee nudge with brunch ...a ham and egg and hash browns breakfast my buddy bought me. We play pool about every other Sunday while his laundry is processing down the street.

Nope...I'm just tired of you people dancing around the real issues and insanely avoiding the elephant that is taking up the whole room and sucking out all the oxygen.

What you people should do that HAVE to believe in a God.. is throw all of your ancient bibles into the garbage and start over from scratch with no prompting from churches. See if you can find your God with just the evidence that exists here and now. If you catch yourselves referring back to your Bibles just blow your brains out because you are not capable of honestly seeking the truth.

Calm down Huggy. :eusa_shhh: ~BH

Calm?..Me? Like a lake in the morning with the sun shining and the fish jumping.

I have been watching this thread since it started but didn't want to join in till there was enough input, Thing is ...is that it asks the right question. You have to pardon me for a few minutes...I'm watching Get Carter, one of my fav's.

Calm?..Me? Like a lake in the morning with the sun shining and the fish jumping.

I have been watching this thread since it started but didn't want to join in till there was enough input, Thing is ...is that it asks the right question. You have to pardon me for a few minutes...I'm watching Get Carter, one of my fav's.

I hear yuh Hug, I am about to sit down for some nice home made Pizza. However, Read my response to it. You and I may disagree on alot, but you know as well as I do that War would still continue on without the influence of religious fanatics simply because of the fact that the humans will fight for power and greed. Just saying bro. ~BH

waring is innate. it is man's character, thereby a self fulfilling prophecy

Last edited:
I am thinking about 0
People use religion as an excuse for their greed. There still would be plenty of wars.

I would agree. But for discussion's sake consider a narrower question. There is currently plenty of oil in the Mideast, and much ongoing violence there. Someday all the oil will be depleted, with the profits from its sale having ended up in Swiss bank accounts. Will people fight in the street to gain control over the Swiss bank accounts? :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back