how many wars would there be if religion evaporated?

Only one religion would need to be evaporated to achieve that and that would be Islam. They're the ones causing all the crap in the world.

Islam was isolated for a long time from the rest of the world. They mainly fought other Muslims. I'd have to say Christianity is responsible for most wars. The Crusades, other wars that were fought trying to turn pagans into Christians, The Inquisition which although it wasnt a war killed a lot of smart people, you could even say colonization was done to convert people although it was mainly for economic exploitation.

Dig in the present where you can smell the grass and see the light. This is by far one of the best religious information websites on the WWW, and should be bookmarked.

ReligiousTolerance.org by the Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance

Conflicts in: Nazareth in Israel,
Kashmir,
Nigeria,
Philippines,
Yugoslavia-Kosovo,
Yugoslavia-Vojvodia

There are many more, mainly between christians & muslims squaring off. S the answer would be, no religion, fewer wars. IMO

You think that is a one of the best religious information sources on the Internet? No wonder you are so confused about what people actually believe.

As most posters have said, it would depend on the religion.

Christianity is based on Peace. Buddhism even more so, to be honest.

Islam is the worst of the larger ones, without any question whatsoever, and Farrakhan's version is entirely off the chart. Satanism is worse in practice, but tiny, and while not responsible for any current wars, figures in the rhetoric used by Muslims to create a hatred among their people for those whom the leaders deem as the 'enemy" (using the word in much the same way Obama did about his political opponents, actually, only without the overt murderous overtones).

Basically, the premise of this thread is fundamentally flawed by grouping all faiths under one umbrella. extremely bad concept and question, because if everyone were devout Christians or Buddhists, or both, co-existing, there would be by the strict commands of both religions be no wars allowed, and none would occur.

Which religion was Napoleon trying to spread?

What about Alexander the Great?

Attila the Hun?

Ghengis Kahn?

Adolf Hitler?

Hannibal?

:dunno:

The same amount.

Religion is not why we have war, it's used as one of many reasons to persuade people into war. What I'm saying is, a war will happen with our without religion as the real reason for war is never actually over religion.

If a religion were followed we would have no war. Man finds a way to get something like "Thou shall not kill" to mean "thou shall not murder" to then mean killing someone they don't know because they were told to is not, A: killing or, B: murder despite it still being the definition of both.

So you can’t really blame religion as when you really think about it, it was the failure of man to follow their religion they claim to believe in, to go to war.

I’m not religious and never have been, so I’d just like to point out this thread is fucking dumb and made for nothing other than people who want to hate on something… Not to even mention it’s a “what if” scenario… totally ignoring violence and murder committed literally millions and billions of times by people who are not religious at all, proveing my point that man will find a way to war.

I doubt if the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor for a religious cause and it is doubtful if Hitler gained power in Germany by preaching the Gospel. The post sounds like an inane 60's cliche something like "what if they gave a war and nobody came".

I am thinking about 0

Only one religion would need to be evaporated to achieve that and that would be Islam. They're the ones causing all the crap in the world.

Islam was isolated for a long time from the rest of the world. They mainly fought other Muslims. I'd have to say Christianity is responsible for most wars. The Crusades, other wars that were fought trying to turn pagans into Christians, The Inquisition which although it wasnt a war killed a lot of smart people, you could even say colonization was done to convert people although it was mainly for economic exploitation.
Wrong. The crusades were in response to muslims slaughtering Christians. It is so easy to blame Christianity when so many defend the true evil, islam.

Wars are started over resources. They have it, we want it, lets get it.

Who's big sky daddy can beat up the other guy's sky daddy is just what is used as a convenient tool to sell it to people.

If there were no sky daddies, then another tool would be used.

Forum List

Back