How many times will HBO show "recount"

No one stole anything Gore lost the election because he lost his home state of Tennessee it's funny how the left seem to have forgotten if he had won that it would have put him over the top before Florida became a issue.

Shhh. Quiet yourself, nobody believes that tripe.

It isn't tripe. It's true.

And everyone who understands the Electoral College believes it fully.

No time to complete the recount. Gore should have asked for a statewide recount earlier. He didn't, thus he LOST.

Shhh. Quiet yourself, nobody believes that tripe.

No time to complete the recount. Gore should have asked for a statewide recount earlier. He didn't, thus he LOST.

And the Florida Supreme Court COULD have refrained from meddling in a way designed to hand it to Gore, too.

Mighta. Coulda. Shoulda. Oughta.

Didn't.

∴ Gore lost.

And the Florida Supreme Court COULD have refrained from meddling in a way designed to hand it to Gore, too.

Didn't.

∴ Gore lost.

Yep! End of story. Many were upset with Tilden/Hayes also, but the country survived.

Didn't.

∴ Gore lost.

Yep! End of story. Many were upset with Tilden/Hayes also, but the country survived.

It seems like only yesterday ....

The issue I have with all of this is that the number of lies told about GWB every day, all day, won congress in 06 and the whit house in 08
Lies
from the debt to WMDs to 9-11 to 5% UE rate being ghastly to his NG record, tax policy you get the picture

People hated that man for events that never occured
WMDs? Update 27 January 2003
Saddam was the only one lied, this is THE reason we invaded Iraq, THE event
Tax policy?
If tax policy was the issue then why was it in 2007 we had a deficit of 163 billion?
2007 budget - Google Search
We created 7 million jobs from 2003 through 2008, real job growth

I don't know but I recorded it earlier and I'm watching it now. It's pretty good.

I enjoy watching a good science fiction from time to time myself.

Uhm no, it's pretty accurate. Your side stole the election. Period. Eos.

Accurate?
67 counties in the state
3 had an issue
the 3 most liberal counties in the state, might as well be New York city
That a device that was designed by the dems,
approved by the same
that I used, that how any-one could have not found a way to make a mistake with these devices is beyond me
AND
Note these figures also do not take into account a dispute over 500 asbentee ballots that Bush requested to be added to the certified totals. If found to be legal votes that would put Gore totally out of reach regardless of any manual recount standard.

another court battle that never got its day and only got mention in the film as they WERE counted

AND
Review of limited sets of ballots (initiated but not completed)
• Gore request for recounts of all ballots in Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach, and Volusia counties Bush by 225
• Florida Supreme Court of all undervotes statewide Bush by 430
• Florida Supreme Court as being implemented by the counties, some of whom refused and some counted overvotes as well as undervotes Bush by 493
Florida election recount - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The movie had this as a single digit count when the counting was stopped

Last edited:
A totally liberally biased movie of the events of 2000

They are trying the same playbook that got the white house in 2008

Gore wins if wins his home state of Tennessee

CBS called the election with 10s of thousands in line in NW part of Florida, still waiting to vote

Hanging chads where not an issue in 63 of the 67 states
Its was never discussed as to why the 3 most liberal counties by far in the state of Florida had issues that were to swing that vote by over 1000 votes

I voted in Florida that year and for the life of me how something that simple could get that far out of control

The movie ends with the claims that never have been proven to even took place

People need to elect our next president for all the right reasons, and we can only pray that we can get back to the good we had as a country from 2001 through the end of the GOP congress and through 2007

I think the problem you have is that you are whining because those of us who voted for Bush in 2000 benefited from an unfair system complicated by some gross shenningans engaged in by his brother.

I for the life of me don't know why something as archaic, anachronistic and undemocratic as the Electoral College is still allowed to exist. Probably because before the 2000 election, the last time it caused this sort of problem was 1888. But that problem is always there, lying under the surface, disenfranchising most of the country.

The thing is, we will never know with any certainty who actually got the most votes in Florida, but without a doubt, Gore got the most votes nationally.

The bigger problem is that 2000 weds the GOP to the electoral college. Even though it would be in the GOP's best interest to get rid of it, they can't without admitting 2000 was a huge mistake. Even though it puts Obama 90% of the way to re-election without really trying.

CBS called the election with 10s of thousands in line in NW part of Florida, still waiting to vote

Hanging chads where not an issue in 63 of the 67 states
Its was never discussed as to why the 3 most liberal counties by far in the state of Florida had issues that were to swing that vote by over 1000 votes

I voted in Florida that year and for the life of me how something that simple could get that far out of control

People need to elect our next president for all the right reasons, and we can only pray that we can get back to the good we had as a country from 2001 through the end of the GOP congress and through 2007
HBO will show this enough times so that it excites conspiracy theorists into voting for Obama.
Latest Wikileaks dump shows Dems effort to throw 2008 election - National Conservative | Examiner.com

Hanging chads where not an issue in 63 of the 67 counties

I think the problem you have is that you are whining because those of us who voted for Bush in 2000 benefited from an unfair system complicated by some gross shenningans engaged in by his brother.

I for the life of me don't know why something as archaic, anachronistic and undemocratic as the Electoral College is still allowed to exist. Probably because before the 2000 election, the last time it caused this sort of problem was 1888. But that problem is always there, lying under the surface, disenfranchising most of the country.

The thing is, we will never know with any certainty who actually got the most votes in Florida, but without a doubt, Gore got the most votes nationally.

The bigger problem is that 2000 weds the GOP to the electoral college. Even though it would be in the GOP's best interest to get rid of it, they can't without admitting 2000 was a huge mistake. Even though it puts Obama 90% of the way to re-election without really trying.

the issue with eliminating the Electoral college is simple
California and New York has more people than Texas and the rest of south pretty much

This is also why Florida id so divided and many wonder how many times people in Palm Beach County reallly vote
There is no more than 1 in 100 native Floridians in south Florida and other parts of the State such as Daytona
These retirees are not poor people either. Another item in the Movie that made a statement that the "poor" ended up with the old voting machines
Palm Beach County has very few poor I can promise

Any-way your thread was done with respect, for that I thank you

Jerk
How many times will HBO show "recount"

Maybe you don't realize this but you really don't have to watch it.

Jerk? that is original
I think there comes a time in which you call out those who think that the election of the President of this country can be done by the amount of lies told
I watch HBO when a good Movie is on and think those who sit around and make that crap up or not only desperate this time, but are in-fact the worse kind of Humans. To bring harm to any human being through lies and deceit is in my opinion the worst sin

Do the right thing, support your beliefs and be proud of who and what you are with the truth

The main stream Media and there supporters from 2001 through 2008 lied so much that it elected BHO
A man who had not the experiences to run your local Dollar General
In fact if I was a liberal Hillary not being elected would have pissed me off. she got lied about also
A man (BHO) who had failed so bad that they do not know what else to do but keep telling the same lies over and over again

My god we have lost over 5 million jobs sense 08 and spent over 4 trillion dollars we do not have to get there, and some-how re-count has something to do with that and nothing to do with BHO college records
Hell the main stream media made up stuff about GWB and the NG

florida_hanging_chad_recount.jpg

Gore won...I'm sure of it!

What do you base that on?
In any re-count GWB was never behind. Once you began a hand re-count of votes in which in the human being became involved it was over
I cannot agree more that it was a mess, a mess that was the creation of the Democratic party in West Palm Beach
No-one else

It was there system that failed, or should I say was to claim to have failed

Look I voted in Florida in 2000
It was 1st grade simple, and to convince me that any-one could have not have voted the right way the first time is wasting there breath with me

Democrat operatives and hard line liberals were convinced Gore was going to win. They thought based on polls. Polls going in and exit polls. Exit polls have been proved over and over to be about as inaccurate as a broken clock.
So when Gore lost, democrats cried foul. They were convinced Gore should have won, they thought it incomprehensible he was not the winner. Immediately there were complaints and charges of cheating. None of these charges were proved to be true and many others dismissed as conspiracy or plain sour grapes.

The vote was frozen on behalf of Bush at a time when it was too close to call. In fact, the call was made just after 16,000 votes were subtracted from Gore in Volusia County. This was later discovered to be an error - but there was a clear pattern, starting with the disenfranchisement of black voters who were removed from voting rolls through the felon list.

JRK: Gore would have lost with a full recount of the 3 most liberal counties - which was his stupid strategy. Those counties were not the issue.

According to several agencies and Newspapers which recounted all the votes after the election, Gore's only chance at victory was a full statewide recount, which he didn't ask for . . . so it doesn't matter. It was the Supreme Court which decided not to count all the legal votes. Florida has a law on the books - which has been used over and over - which provides for a hand recount, and gives discretion to the voting board to analyze each under vote.

The Florida Supremes were going to mandate a statewide recount because said recount is Gore's right when the count falls inside a certain margin. However, the Supreme Court blocked what was a very standard practice in order to allow Florida to comply with a safe harbor date that is a mere convenience, and listed nowhere in the FLA code.

It was a stolen election by the most activist court in the history. The irony is that this court was hostile to the equal protection law, which was from the sixties civil rights movement. The real joke is that they said that different counting standards violated the equal protection clause. However, every county has different machines and standards, not only across the state of Florida, but all across the USA. It was a hoax. I didn't like Gore or Bush. Gore was part of the Clinton administration which deregulated Wall Street and screwed the American worker with NAFTA. I did a protest vote for Nadar in a state that Bush won handily. But that's not the point. The election was stolen by an activist Supreme Court. Had Obama's brother and campaign manager produced the same results in another state, everybody involved would be in jail.

Last edited:
The vote was frozen on behalf of Bush at a time when it was too close to call. In fact, the call was made just after 16,000 votes were subtracted from Gore in Volusia County. This was later discovered to be an error - but there was a clear pattern, starting with the disenfranchisement of black voters who were removed from voting rolls through the felon list.

JRK: Gore would have lost with a full recount of the 3 most liberal counties - which was his stupid strategy. Those counties were not the issue.

According to several agencies and Newspapers which recounted all the votes after the election, Gore's only chance at victory was a full statewide recount, which he didn't ask for . . . so it doesn't matter. It was the Supreme Court which decided not to count all the legal votes. Florida has a law on the books - which has been used over and over - which provides for a hand recount, and gives discretion to the voting board to analyze each under vote.

The Florida Supremes were going to mandate a statewide recount because said recount is Gore's right when the count falls inside a certain margin. However, the Supreme Court blocked what was a very standard practice in order to allow Florida to comply with a safe harbor date that is a mere convenience, and listed nowhere in the FLA code.

It was a stolen election by the most activist court in the history. The irony is that this court was hostile to the equal protection law, which was from the sixties civil rights movement. The real joke is that they said that different counting standards violated the equal protection clause. However, every county has different machines and standards, not only across the state of Florida, but all across the USA. It was a hoax. I didn't like Gore or Bush. Gore was part of the Clinton administration which deregulated Wall Street and screwed the American worker with NAFTA. I did a protest vote for Nadar in a state that Bush won handily. But that's not the point. The election was stolen by an activist Supreme Court. Had Obama's brother and campaign manager produced the same results in another state, everybody involved would be in jail.

The thread and your opinion was done with respect
I dis agree
The state was not the issue
the issue was the ballot, a ballot that I used and for the life of me how any-one could not have used properly is mind boggling
To me this WAS the issue from the get go
and
Not allowing the 500 military votes to count was no different, in my opinion

That ballot clearly settled in the persons name who you wanted vote for
ka chunk
it was done
There was no way any 1/2 votes could have been made
no way. I used that system for years
not penetrating the proper place? not in my world could that have happened

And why was it Gore was the only one who had those issue? if the machines were the issue GWb should have picked up just as many in the counties he carried, which were all but 5 or 6

There where a number of reasons one could have judged that

SCOTUS should have awarded FL to Gore because he's a Democrat.

It's right there in Constitution 2.0

When one democratic president appoints only two justices to the Supreme Court during a given 30 year period, of course the republican candidate is going to win when an election is close and somebody sues.

what was the supreme court suppose to do?
The entire state had the same type of machines
67 counties
the 3 most liberal counties having the only problems, with just enough problems to swat the election

GWB probably won 53 out of 67 Florida counties, yet there were only problems in 3?
Yea right

Forum List

Back