How many thousands more auto jobs moving to Mexico and China?

The plant closings are part of a major restructuring for GM, which plans to shed as many as 14,000 workers and shift its focus to making trucks, SUVs and electric and autonomous vehicles.
It's a business decision by GM management, and has nothing to do with Trump. .. :cool:

According to Trump:

"Let me tell you folks in Ohio and in this area, don’t sell your house, we’re going to get those jobs coming back, and we’re going to fill up those factories or rip them down and build brand-new ones. It’s going to happen.”

"
“Those jobs that have left Ohio, they’re coming back.”

“we’re going to fill those factories back up.”

"If I'm elected, you won't lose one plant, you'll have plants coming into this country. You're going to have jobs again. YOU WONT LOSE ONE PLANT, I PROMISE YOU THAT"

So just a lie. He had no control over that in reality?
I heard Jim Jordan from Wrestlemania fame say that he has never heard Trump tell a single lie. Not once.

US based firms should not be allowed to leave merely for cheap labor. It must be excised to promote and provide for the general welfare.

General welfare of what?

What a dumbass statement.
typical right winger. why blame others for Your ignorance.

Our Constitution is Express not Implied.

No private entity exists in any country to provide for your general welfare. The constitution does not state that.
Only in your needy ass mind does that exist.
who cares what You say. I actually read our Constitution. there is no reason to not excise the difference in wages to help Labor afford our first world economy.
sure you have danny....

US based firms should not be allowed to leave merely for cheap labor. It must be excised to promote and provide for the general welfare.

General welfare of what?

this guy danny does not even know were ellis island is....so what more can you expect from this guy?...
First World labor can Never compete with third world labor.

Tariffs or excise taxes can help with that.

General welfare of what?

No private entity exists in any country to provide for your general welfare. The constitution does not state that.
who cares what You say. I actually read our Constitution. there is no reason to not excise the difference in wages to help Labor afford our first world economy.
sure you have danny....
lol. i know You haven't. Where is the immigration clause?

General welfare of what?

this guy danny does not even know were ellis island is....so what more can you expect from this guy?...

what does that have to do with you finding ellis island?....

General welfare of what?

sure you have danny....
article 1 section 8 clause 4....

general motors closing ohio plant

GM's plants in Baltimore and Warren, Michigan, are also scheduled to close this year, and the company's last plant in Detroit will close in January 2020. A plant in Canada is also expected to close. In total, the company will reduce its salaried workforce by 15 percent and will also cut 6,000 hourly positions, CNN reported.

'It's gut-wrenching': Last car rolls off assembly line at GM plant in Lordstown, Ohio

The plant closings are part of a major restructuring for GM, which plans to shed as many as 14,000 workers and shift its focus to making trucks, SUVs and electric and autonomous vehicles.

Tracking GM's manufacturing move to Mexico

The longer-term trend among global automakers — including Japan- and Germany-based manufacturers — has been to locate new production in Mexico. Low wages, generous government incentives and favourable trade agreements have helped turn Mexico into an auto-industry powerhouse, said Charlotte Yates, the director of the Automotive Policy Research Centre at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ont.

“It’s not just because their [Mexico’s] unions are more collaborative. There’s a huge wage advantage,” Yates said. “And they have access to the U.S. market from Mexico.”

-------------------------
I saw a guy on TV explain that with all the jobs leaving, another 17,000 support jobs will be lost.

During the last two years, we found out that Trump not only lies, but he's the worlds worst negotiator.

You don't need to negotiate with Trump. Just tell him what you want. It worked for the Russians. All you have to do is bring a few people to his hotel.

Dzaui7DWsAA-I1r.jpg
why not equalize wages through tariffs? there is no reason to reward first world firms with third world labor costs.

Great idea, more tariffs. How do you not understand that the tariff is a tax on you as the consumer?

It's a business decision by GM management, and has nothing to do with Trump. .. :cool:

According to Trump:

"Let me tell you folks in Ohio and in this area, don’t sell your house, we’re going to get those jobs coming back, and we’re going to fill up those factories or rip them down and build brand-new ones. It’s going to happen.”

"

"If I'm elected, you won't lose one plant, you'll have plants coming into this country. You're going to have jobs again. YOU WONT LOSE ONE PLANT, I PROMISE YOU THAT"

Yep, he lied. They all lie. Lying is one of the 3 requirements for success in politics. Can you guess the other 2?

According to Trump:

"

I heard Jim Jordan from Wrestlemania fame say that he has never heard Trump tell a single lie. Not once.

So he is a wacko on the right, just like you’re a wacko on the left. Did you ever hear B.O. tell a lie?

General welfare of what?

lol. Europeans already pioneered the way.

sure you have danny....
nobody takes the right wing seriously; they are a bunch of story tellers who like to make up stories.

there is no express Immigration clause in our federal Constitution.

GM's plants in Baltimore and Warren, Michigan, are also scheduled to close this year, and the company's last plant in Detroit will close in January 2020. A plant in Canada is also expected to close. In total, the company will reduce its salaried workforce by 15 percent and will also cut 6,000 hourly positions, CNN reported.

'It's gut-wrenching': Last car rolls off assembly line at GM plant in Lordstown, Ohio

The longer-term trend among global automakers — including Japan- and Germany-based manufacturers — has been to locate new production in Mexico. Low wages, generous government incentives and favourable trade agreements have helped turn Mexico into an auto-industry powerhouse, said Charlotte Yates, the director of the Automotive Policy Research Centre at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ont.

“It’s not just because their [Mexico’s] unions are more collaborative. There’s a huge wage advantage,” Yates said. “And they have access to the U.S. market from Mexico.”

I saw a guy on TV explain that with all the jobs leaving, another 17,000 support jobs will be lost.

During the last two years, we found out that Trump not only lies, but he's the worlds worst negotiator.

You don't need to negotiate with Trump. Just tell him what you want. It worked for the Russians. All you have to do is bring a few people to his hotel.

Dzaui7DWsAA-I1r.jpg
why not equalize wages through tariffs? there is no reason to reward first world firms with third world labor costs.

Great idea, more tariffs. How do you not understand that the tariff is a tax on you as the consumer?
It is about the social immorality of leaving for Cheap labor which first world labor can never compete with; and, the right wing whining about the cost of social services and insisting on a work or die ethic for the bottom line.

General welfare of what?

yea we know that....but you could not tell us where ellis island was....how come?...

sure you have danny....
nobody takes the right wing seriously; they are a bunch of story tellers who like to make up stories.

if you were not such a far lefty you would know that both wings are a bunch of story tellers......

Dzaui7DWsAA-I1r.jpg

It is about the social immorality of leaving for Cheap labor which first world labor can never compete with; and, the right wing whining about the cost of social services and insisting on a work or die ethic for the bottom line.
someone has to worry about what things cost.....

General welfare of what?

yea we know that....but you could not tell us where ellis island was....how come?...
The way is already pioneered. You have nothing but bigotry to work with not any form of superior argument.

sure you have danny....

if you were not such a far lefty you would know that both wings are a bunch of story tellers......
show us the express Immigration clause don't tell us stories.

Dzaui7DWsAA-I1r.jpg

Sounds like you want the government dictating business decisions. How has that worked everywhere it's been done?

Dzaui7DWsAA-I1r.jpg

someone has to worry about what things cost.....
if it were not for special pleading; the right wing would have no stories at all.
Where Is The Outrage Over Corporate Welfare?

Forum List

Back