CDZ How many things do anti gunners get wrong....let us count the ways...

You can dig in your heels, like the NRA does or you can reach out to folks like me with concerns and compromise.
You have not offered a compromise.
Support for background checks and other recent measures being debated in the Senate hovered around 90% but none can pass.
Remember, it is the SCOTUS that interpreted the 2nd as a personal right. With new court members it could be reinterpreted to mean a right to form a militia.
It can also strike gay marriage, Obamacare and Roe v Wade. your point?
The tree that does not bend will break.
We already have background checks
It is already illegal for anyone to sell a gun to a felon

So what extra background checks do you want?

There are no requirements for background checks for private sales.

And there is no need...the only reason anti gun activists want them is because universal background checks require universal gun registration..........that is what they want.

Any private sale to a felon can be caught when the felon is caught with the illegal gun.....and the fact that straw buyers already buy guns from actual gun stores, means that they can also be used to buy from private sellers....

You guys fail to admit these things...so we don't trust you to be honest about any other fact in this debate.

Support for background checks and other recent measures being debated in the Senate hovered around 90% but none can pass.

Yet it is illegal for anyone even a private individual to sell a gun to a felon.

So if you don't want to break the law you have to make sure you are not selling to a felon

LMAO, okay, try and charge someone for selling a gun to someone without a dealer's license when they did not know they were a felon (because no background check was required).

Ask any prosecutor. I'm a lawyer, I know something about this. But blather on, I guess.

You catch the actual felon, the actual criminal who knows they can't buy the gun...then you have him tell the cops where he got the gun....easy peasy....and how every other crime is taken care of......then you do a sting if the guy is an gun trafficker...

you don't need universal background checks to do that........but you guys don't want to understand that......

You buy the anti gun activists lies.......because they want gun registration...and the only way to get that...universal background checks...which again, will not work.....

Yet it is illegal for anyone even a private individual to sell a gun to a felon.

So if you don't want to break the law you have to make sure you are not selling to a felon

LMAO, okay, try and charge someone for selling a gun to someone without a dealer's license when they did not know they were a felon (because no background check was required).

Ask any prosecutor. I'm a lawyer, I know something about this. But blather on, I guess.

And a straw buyer who illegally bought a gun, knowingly lied on her form, used a fake address, and gave the gun to a felon, who she knew was a felon.......got 1 year probation, and 40 hours of community service...they caught her despite her buying the gun legally........and the felon used the gun to murder the cop....

1) the felon should have been in jail for his other crimes

2) the straw buyer should have gotten the full 10 years......

That is the issue...not the guy selling a one of his guns so he can get a different one...

You guys are obsessed with normal gun owners...focus on actual criminals......until you do that we know you don't care about gun crime....only banning guns....

It is the law it's not my fault it can't be enforced is it?

But it's easy enough to find out yourself. there are places a private citizen can do background checks
Online Background Checks | BeenVerified

Or all you have to do is only sell to people who already have a state CCW permit then you know they passed every background check the state required

It's up to you not to break the law

It's not illegal if you don't know they're a felon. And you wouldn't know without a background check.

Is this really that complicated?

Yes....because a felon can just use a straw buyer to buy the gun from a private seller, making the background check useless at stopping the criminal...but.....it can then be used as an excuse for gun registration...which is all they really want, because they know private sale background checks are useless.....

But it's easy enough to find out yourself. there are places a private citizen can do background checks

Or all you have to do is only sell to people who already have a state CCW permit then you know they passed every background check the state required

It's not illegal if you don't know they're a felon. And you wouldn't know without a background check.

Didn't I just tell you anyone can do a background check on anyone and? I even gave a link to just one of the many providers of the service

Can you not read?

They can. They're not compelled. All efforts to make it a requirement have been thwarted. Why? Because the NRA is all about increasing revenues for their clients (gun manufacturers). If a few six-year-olds get shot up? Well we just need more guns!

No...because we know that you guys want gun registration.....so eventually you can do as Germany, Britain andAustralis did, and ban categories or all guns.........but you need gun registration to get that done.....

That is why we fight gun registration....

You guys are letting the kids get shot...by obsessing on guns and not actual criminals......

The CDC has not been stopped from researching gun violence...when are you guys going to stop quoting anti gun lies....
Let's let the author of the amendment weigh in:
Former Rep. Jay Dickey of Arkansas authored an amendment that restricted funding for research into gun violence and its effects on public health. Dickey now has deep regrets.

I just linked to actual research conducted by the CDC...actual research..on guns...your link is lying.........

And a straw buyer who illegally bought a gun, knowingly lied on her form, used a fake address, and gave the gun to a felon, who she knew was a felon.......got 1 year probation, and 40 hours of community service...they caught her despite her buying the gun legally........and the felon used the gun to murder the cop....

That is the issue...not the guy selling a one of his guns so he can get a different one...

You guys are obsessed with normal gun owners...focus on actual criminals......until you do that we know you don't care about gun crime....only banning guns....

And that example is not related to my hypothetical for the reason of the bolded words above.

The CDC has not been stopped from researching gun violence...when are you guys going to stop quoting anti gun lies....
Former Rep. Jay Dickey of Arkansas authored an amendment that restricted funding for research into gun violence and its effects on public health. Dickey now has deep regrets.

My post #199 has links to gun research....please......stop regurgitating mindless anti gun lies......

I just linked to actual research conducted by the CDC...actual research..on guns...your link is lying.........

That was not gun research. Sorry.

The CDC Just Released a 'Gun Violence' Study

Yes....because a felon can just use a straw buyer to buy the gun from a private seller, making the background check useless at stopping the criminal...but.....it can then be used as an excuse for gun registration...which is all they really want, because they know private sale background checks are useless.....

Gun registration is an excellent idea, and there is no valid reason to oppose it, aside from paranoia.

And that example is not related to my hypothetical for the reason of the bolded words above.

You really claim to be a lawyer?

That same woman could have gone to a private seller...and passed the same background check, then given the same gun to the same felon who would have shot the same police officer and then the felon would have been caught the same way and given up the same woman.................

And she would have gotten the same 1 year probation instead of the 10 years she should have gotten.....

There is no need to force background checks...the only reason you guys want them is to get gun registration......

Gun registration is an excellent idea, and there is no valid reason to oppose it, aside from paranoia.

Britain used gun registration records to collect guns...

AUstralia used gun registration records to collect guns....

Germany used gun registration records to collect guns...

Every single democrat in office has praised Britain and Australian gun control...

Don't pee on our legs and tell us it's raining....

My post #199 has links to gun research....please......stop regurgitating mindless anti gun lies......
Let's see, should I listen to you or to the man who authored the bill in question? He is hardly anti gun but regrets the effect his bill had on the CDC. If it had no effect why would he have any regrets?

Every single democrat in office has praised Britain and Australian gun control...

For good reason. It saves lives.

And people in Australia still have guns.

Gun registration solves no crime and prevents no crime...they only need it for future confiscation........sell your .....*******... To someone else....

Let's see, should I listen to you or to the man who authored the bill in question? He is hardly anti gun but regrets the effect his bill had on the CDC. If it had no effect why would he have any regrets?

Because he is a republican who doesn't understand the Bill of Rights and the anti civil rights democrats.......

Most members of congress barely understand what laws they are signing yet you want us to believe this moron did....

I showed you how the CDC was being used...I showed you the links to actual gun research showing that the CDC is doing gun research...you link is a lie...

H doesn't even know that the CDC is still doing gun research.........he is that clueless...he just listens to anti gun activists and believes them...........that is why we don't trust you or guys like him with our Civil Rights...

For good reason. It saves lives.

And people in Australia still have guns.

It doesn't save lives...you saw all the shootings in Australia with all the guns.........and the only thing that stopped them from being mass shootings...the shooter stopp d before he murdered 3 people.......

Not one Australian gun law stopped those shooters......dumb luck did....

And their gun crime is going up....not down.....their criminals are using more guns more often.....

Forum List

Back