How many sticks (.25#) of butter were in your Thanksgiving meal?

You can judge a good Thanksgiving cook by this metric. ;)

I figure four (1#) not counting what it took for the table and baked goods so maybe 1.50#.....Service for six.
At least half a dozen.
2 sticks set right by the sweet taters, then the rolls, turkey was basted with butter.
All the stuff that was baked. I brought my own butter and left 2 sticks. They'll use 'em.
About 20 people.

Last edited:

I figure four (1#) not counting what it took for the table and baked goods so maybe 1.50#.....Service for six.
Oh, we had way more than that. You're slacking.

2 in the stuffing alone. 2 in the mashed potatoes. 2 in the sweet potatos.....sundry breads probably 7-8 or more

there were plenty,,

are your butter sticks shorter now??
ours used to be 10 tbls now they are 8 tbls

2 in the stuffing alone. 2 in the mashed potatoes. 2 in the sweet potatos.....sundry breads probably 7-8 or more

I like me some buttery stuffing too!

Here's a trick for leftover stuffing....Put it in a muffin pan and bake till the top is crisp....Top with leftover gravy.

there were plenty,,

are your butter sticks shorter now??
ours used to be 10 tbls now they are 8 tbls

Weight may have been a better metric.....Each full stick should be .25#.

Here's a trick for leftover stuffing....Put it in a muffin pan and bake till the top is crisp....Top with leftover gravy.

they are 20% shorter,, so I expect them to weigh less,,

will check in the morning,,

Ixnay on the gravy on stuffing

I judge by those going back for seconds. Very little leftovers this year.

Forum List

Back