Anyone see thiese 2 old movies

Do you mean The Duellists, 1977, with Keith Carradine, Harvey Keitel, and Albert Finney? Winner of the Palm d'Or and Best First Work for Ridley Scott at Cannes?

No. Don't watch that one. It sucks...

iu

Do you mean The Duellists, 1977, with Keith Carradine, Harvey Keitel, and Albert Finney? Winner of the Palm d'Or and Best First Work for Ridley Scott at Cannes?

iu

You mean it’s great ??

Haven’t seen The Duelist

But recommend The Gunfighter 1950 with Gregory Peck as Johnny Ringo

1700782302773.jpeg

Last edited:
Does it have a lot of intense pool matches in seedy places for big $$$

No, it's not The Hustler. If you're interested in a movie like The Hustler, try The Color of Money (1986) starring Tom Cruise as Vincent and Paul Newman as Fast Eddie Felson.
Yes, it is the sequel to The Hustler.

Paul Newman won an Oscar for his role...

iu

Actually, it is quite good.

Do you recommend them or not ??

1977, the duelist

1960, Hustler

Thx

Pretty sure I saw the Hustler by parental force when I was a kid when it came on TV on a rainy day but I recall nothing about it. Never even heard of the other one--does it involve Aaron Burr murdering someone?

Yeah, I know.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in the written word. I wasn't sure my first two sentences combined the third saying it "sucked" would convey my sarcasm, that's why I added Gene Wilder rolling his eyes...

So both movies are good

Forum List

Back