How many of you grew up in this era?

Funny story....

I once brought a girl home (my parents house) after meeting her at a local park. As we were leaving the next morning, my mom asked if we wanted breakfast....
Mom: oh..hi. Would you two like some breakfast?
Me: uhh..no thanks. I have to take her home.

When I returned...
Mom: who was that?
Me: ( realizing I didnā€™t know her name) I donā€™t know.
Mom: What!??
Dad is laughing at this point.
Me: donā€™t worry mom... she doesnā€™t know my name either.

Despite the occasional spankings while growing up, my parents were pretty cool. :)

The walk of shame
It was embarrassing.

Yeah I remember Lucy waking up in her bed with all her stuff animals and she sleeping downstairs..

I woke up to find out where I was and her dad cooking breakfast and she running up to hold my hand.

I had to get out fast .

So many stories I have of waking up in strange girls beds..

And they all dry up the older I get

Funny story....

I once brought a girl home (my parents house) after meeting her at a local park. As we were leaving the next morning, my mom asked if we wanted breakfast....

When I returned...

Despite the occasional spankings while growing up, my parents were pretty cool. :)

The walk of shame
It was embarrassing.

Yeah I remember Lucy waking up in her bed with all her stuff animals and she sleeping downstairs..

I woke up to find out where I was and her dad cooking breakfast and she running up to hold my hand.

I had to get out fast .

Damn... that sounds like a nightmare! lol

Funny story....

When I returned...

The walk of shame
It was embarrassing.

I had to get out fast .

Dont even make me tell you where I left this great shirt at..

I still want it back (woke up in some girls bed in depue Illinois)

I took off before she woke up

I remember taking a class trip to a shooting range when I was in 5th grade. :)

Ma beat the crap out of me. I hated her. Last time she smacked me across the face, I smacked her back. I was 18 or so, I think. Told her I was taller and bigger than her now and no longer at her mercy. She never raised a hand to me again.

Meanwhile, I got picked on at school. Dad finally had enough and taught me how to fight. Moved all the furniture in the living room out of the way and said "ok, this is how you do it" and commenced training. In sophomore year..I was no longer picked on. :D
Back then..defending yourself was understood. Nowadays...they just kill themselves.

Funny story....

When I returned...

The walk of shame
It was embarrassing.

I had to get out fast .

Was that you?? I remember waking up with some guy in my bed. Ah. One night "free love" stands. :D

Dad loved watching the fights on tv. Black and white then..no color tv. He would ask me which one I was placing a dime bet on to win and I would say the black trunks.

He loved watching The Three Stooges, Red Skelton Hour, Bonanza.

The walk of shame
It was embarrassing.

I had to get out fast .

Was that you?? I remember waking up with some guy in my bed. Ah. One night "free love" stands. :D

I wish it was gracie..

You could of taught me a thing or two..

Lol

Ma beat the crap out of me. I hated her. Last time she smacked me across the face, I smacked her back. I was 18 or so, I think. Told her I was taller and bigger than her now and no longer at her mercy. She never raised a hand to me again.

Meanwhile, I got picked on at school. Dad finally had enough and taught me how to fight. Moved all the furniture in the living room out of the way and said "ok, this is how you do it" and commenced training. In sophomore year..I was no longer picked on. :D
Back then..defending yourself was understood. Nowadays...they just kill themselves.
Learning to fight is something every kid should learn. Itā€™s why Iā€™m now getting paid extra to help security with combative patients at work.

It was embarrassing.

I had to get out fast .

I wish it was gracie..

You could of taught me a thing or two..

Lol

And that brings me up to the girl..

( you know who I am talking about, gracie)

Why I didn't sleep with dawn ..

I did tell you I called her, right?

I chickened out

Sometimes the past should stay the past, Bear. Keep the fun memories, though.

1952 prices

House: $7,750
Average income: $3,515
Ford car: $1526-$2384
Milk: $.96
Gas: $.20
Bread $.16
Postage stamp: $.03
Hen Turkeys: $ .53 lb
Pkg of 6 Bran muffins $.21
1 lb pkg of M&Mā€™s candies: $.59
Gillette Blue Blades, pkg of 10: $ .49
At Sears ā€“ ā€“ ā€“
Ladies Corduroy Jackets: $4.99
Cotton knit blouses: $1.98
Menā€™s Rayon Sport Shirts: $3.66
Menā€™s cotton flannel shirt: $1.79
Red ā€œRadio Flyerā€ wagon: $8.75
Westinghouse Open-Handle steam iron: $19.95
Menā€™s T-shirts and briefs ā€“ ā€“ ā€“
T-shirts, 2 for $.59
Briefs, each : $.59
Multiply by 40. SSDD
Same shit, different decade

upload_2019-11-4_13-12-1.jpeg

Growing up the 60-70s I recall everything, most of my youth I played football out with other council estate lads, no girls, they were kept in the house or their parents let them out of the house where they could see them from a house window.
Fighting with other estate lads from a different estate was our 2nd priority other than football.

Being a boy on a council estate you had to know where your place was in the gang, a pecking order, so fighting was common place.

On an evening the gang would saunter down to the edge of our estate for a boys club, snooker, table tennis, 5-a side football... and prayer meeting.

As we got older the fighting petered out as we were filling out and by then you were either hard or not, and everybody knew it and your place.

Forum List

Back