How many of you are keeping up with the Yemen situation?

Except the would-be Christmas bomber specifically mentioned that he chose to do this because of our bombing of Yemen a few weeks ago.

Sorry... I missed this post.

So his excuse is our bombing in Yemen on December 17th and 24th as the reason he did this?

Interesting.

He bought his ticket on December 16th.

So I guess he's psychic and psycho.

US fighters pound Sa'ada, kill 120

That article is from Dec. 16. Seems the news must be psychic as well.

Wed, 16 Dec 2009 03:46:08 GMT

Rather questionable source, but be that as it may...

The same day, eh? LOL

Yeah. Right. He just happened to travel to Ghana and purchase a ticket with cash that same day. Just in case?

White House officials say President Obama has been keenly focused on the Qaeda threat from Yemen for months. As the NEWSWEEK story reports, the president has authorized a covert war in the country: when Yemeni jets bombed Qaeda targets on Dec. 17 and 24 (including a strike that tried, but failed, to kill al-Awlaki), the United States supplied intelligence, missiles, and military support. American spies and special forces are on the ground, assisting the Yemenis.

Wed, 16 Dec 2009 03:46:08 GMT

Rather questionable source, but be that as it may...

The same day, eh? LOL

Yeah. Right. He just happened to travel to Ghana and purchase a ticket with cash that same day. Just in case?

White House officials say President Obama has been keenly focused on the Qaeda threat from Yemen for months. As the NEWSWEEK story reports, the president has authorized a covert war in the country: when Yemeni jets bombed Qaeda targets on Dec. 17 and 24 (including a strike that tried, but failed, to kill al-Awlaki), the United States supplied intelligence, missiles, and military support. American spies and special forces are on the ground, assisting the Yemenis.

And this "questionable" source just happened to put up a false article about the U.S. bombing Yemen a day before the U.S. actually did bomb Yemen? Quite a coincidence. Also, I believe the airstrikes occurred before December 16, that's simply when the article came out.

What in (insert your preferred Deity here)'s name are we fighting for?[/url]

Oil & $. But it's much easier to get public support for killing/invasions when you put things like "religion & values & safety" on it, even when it's complete horseshit. The true controllers of our enemies use the same method.

Sometimes I wish the govt would be honest and say something like, "OK all this terrorism is BS, we need the oil. Otherwise the Chinese are going to hand their asses to us even more and we'll never get out of debt. It's survival of the fittest."

If they were honest, I might even support this "War against terror (lol)".

No, it's not my goal to soothe any fiery terrorist hearts. It's my goal to let people live their lives in peace so that they don't become terrorists in the first place.

Where does it stop? Do we simply give in every time an angry nation/people/group attack our innocent civilians? What kind of precedent will this set? You say we should "let people live their lives". Were we NOT allowing the recently failed Nigerian bomber his liberty? Sounds to me as though he had too much liberty and now our President and Homeland Security director are scrambling to figure out why.

Only someone who "blames America" could possibly twist America's foreign policy to effectively blame it for a man being deprived of peace when that same policy let the man freely fly into the country in the first place to experience our constitutionally protected freedoms.

Your arguments constantly defeat themselves. I'm new here but I've already grown tired of talking down to your level. Either raise your game or I'll move on.

Weakness on the world stage breeds aggression from those who seek to do us damage. Appeasement DOES NOT work.

You can't seem to see beyond the world at war that has been orchestrated to keep you in line via your fears.... you have my sympathy.

Imagine living in a world where freedom is real, education is with in reach of everyone and people are too busy pursuing their dreams to become pissed off enough to sacrifice their own lives to make a political point.

All that would leave as a problem is the truly crazy people. The cops should be able to keep them in check.

I honestly don't believe that 'official' America really wants that kind of freedom here or anywhere on the planet. Do you?

What you describe is a utopian dream world that can never exist. There is no one world government to administer these rights you speak of now would one ever be able to. It would be a disaster.

I have YOUR sympathy? Are you kidding me. Your effectively accusing our government/allies of perpetrating massive war crimes to keep their citizens fooled and I'm the one you feel sorry for? Where do you people come from?

Where does it stop? Do we simply give in every time an angry nation/people/group attack our innocent civilians? What kind of precedent will this set? You say we should "let people live their lives". Were we NOT allowing the recently failed Nigerian bomber his liberty? Sounds to me as though he had too much liberty and now our President and Homeland Security director are scrambling to figure out why.

Only someone who "blames America" could possibly twist America's foreign policy to effectively blame it for a man being deprived of peace when that same policy let the man freely fly into the country in the first place to experience our constitutionally protected freedoms.

Your arguments constantly defeat themselves. I'm new here but I've already grown tired of talking down to your level. Either raise your game or I'll move on.

Weakness on the world stage breeds aggression from those who seek to do us damage. Appeasement DOES NOT work.

You can't seem to see beyond the world at war that has been orchestrated to keep you in line via your fears.... you have my sympathy.

Imagine living in a world where freedom is real, education is with in reach of everyone and people are too busy pursuing their dreams to become pissed off enough to sacrifice their own lives to make a political point.

All that would leave as a problem is the truly crazy people. The cops should be able to keep them in check.

I honestly don't believe that 'official' America really wants that kind of freedom here or anywhere on the planet. Do you?

What you describe is a utopian dream world that can never exist. There is no one world government to administer these rights you speak of now would one ever be able to. It would be a disaster.

I have YOUR sympathy? Are you kidding me. Your effectively accusing our government/allies of perpetrating massive war crimes to keep their citizens fooled and I'm the one you feel sorry for? Where do you people come from?

Well... a mommy and a daddy, who love each other VERY much; first they get married.....

The chief people responsible for the lifestyle choices laying before the Palestinian people is their leadership. A leadership which rather than build local infrastructure and promote local business interest has made a mantra of the notion that everything the Jews have built belongs to them. Never mind the incontrovertible fact that Palestine, at the time of Mark Twain's visit to the so-called Holy Land in the 1880's wasn't much more than a desolate lanscape with a total population of less than 30k people many of whom were transients moving from one place to the other. In fact it was so poor and under populated that it was lumped in with Syria as a province in the Ottoman empire.

Except the would-be Christmas bomber specifically mentioned that he chose to do this because of our bombing of Yemen a few weeks ago.

Sorry... I missed this post.

So his excuse is our bombing in Yemen on December 17th and 24th as the reason he did this?

Interesting.

He bought his ticket on December 16th.

So I guess he's psychic and psycho.

US fighters pound Sa'ada, kill 120

That article is from Dec. 16. Seems the news must be psychic as well.

Great source. From your link.

The US air force perpetrated an appalling massacre against citizens in the north of Yemen as it launched air raids on various populated areas, markets, refugee camps and villages along with Saudi warplanes," the northern Yemen-based Houthi Shia fighters said.
:lol:

On orders from President Barack Obama, the U.S. military launched cruise missiles early Thursday against two suspected al-Qaeda sites in Yemen, administration officials told ABC News in a report broadcast on ABC World News with Charles Gibson.

Cruise Missiles Strike Yemen - ABC News

This is where all that comes from and a cruise missile is a long way from US Fighters ..

SAN'A, Yemen — Yemen's military hit suspected al-Qaida hide-outs for the second time in a week, killing at least 30 militants in a remote area of the country — a fragmented, unstable nation the U.S. fears could turn into an Afghanistan-like refuge for the terrorist network.
The strikes on Thursday, which were carried out with U.S. and Saudi intelligence help, hit a gathering of top leaders and other targets in a remote mountain valley, officials said.
Yemeni military hits al-Qaida hide-outs; 30 militants killed | www.azstarnet.com ®

Forum List

Back