How many of you are keeping up with the Yemen situation?

We need to stop bombing other countries, so people like the Christmas-would-be-bomber aren't given the incentive to bomb us.

What if we stop and they keep bombing us anyway?
Their indiscriminate attacks on people have nothing to do with our targeted bombings of late. Their motive is an inbred hatred of all that do not believe as they do.

The only way to stop radical Muslims from killing other people is to kill them first.

We need to stop bombing other countries, so people like the Christmas-would-be-bomber aren't given the incentive to bomb us.

Their indiscriminate attacks on people have nothing to do with our targeted bombings of late. Their motive is an inbred hatred of all that do not believe as they do.

The only way to stop radical Muslims from killing other people is to kill them first.

Except the would-be Christmas bomber specifically mentioned that he chose to do this because of our bombing of Yemen a few weeks ago.

then they had their chance and we level em.
Now that makes a lot of sense.:rolleyes:

So what would be the trigger...just one more suicide bombing after we cease?

We need much more than drones and cruise missiles.

We need boots on the ground.

Careful what you wish for Bud....

This is a big fucking planet with a LOT of ground.​

Do we have enough boots to cover it all?​

A FYI.

Yemen is a country not a planet.

FYI.

I think he meant that this world (planet) is too big for us to have boots everywhere. His last question makes that clear to me.

Last edited:

A FYI.

Of course it is. So is Iraq and Afghanistan. So is S Korea, Germany, Japan The Philippines and Indonesia.

Shall we spread our selves even thinner by semi-occupying Yemen like we have semi-occupied Iraq and Afghanistan, only to have Somalia become the next 'target'?

Like is said... it's a big fucking planet. When does our semi-occupation of the third world end?

From how many countries should we establish an import business of a constant flow of body bags filled with Americas youth?

What in (insert your preferred Deity here)'s name are we fighting for?

The Worldwide Network of US Military Bases

A FYI.

Of course it is. So is Iraq and Afghanistan. So is S Korea, Germany, Japan The Philippines and Indonesia.

Shall we spread our selves even thinner by semi-occupying Yemen like we have semi-occupied Iraq and Afghanistan, only to have Somalia become the next 'target'?

Like is said... it's a big fucking planet. When does our semi-occupation of the third world end?

From how many countries should we establish an import business of a constant flow of body bags filled with Americas youth?

I think the state enemies of the US need to have the fear that if they help support terrorist attacks against the US that they will be crushed.

Obama has made it clear that it won't do this. That it will only attack using drones, against specific targets. Therefore, there is no fear among terrorists and their state sponsors that there will be any real consequences to their support of terrorism.

That needs to change.

Don't you see a problem of terrorist groups getting safe haven from state governments? How do you think this should be eliminated?

A FYI.

I think the state enemies of the US need to have the fear that if they help support terrorist attacks against the US that they will be crushed.

Obama has made it clear that it won't do this. That it will only attack using drones, against specific targets. Therefore, there is no fear among terrorists and their state sponsors that there will be any real consequences to their support of terrorism.

That needs to change.

Don't you see a problem of terrorist groups getting safe haven from state governments? How do you think this should be eliminated?
Remember... you ASKED for my opinion.

If I were king I'd pull ALL US troops home and tell the world that they are free do do whatever they damn well please. I would also tell the world that if we, by a vote of the American citizenry, don't like what they are doing, we will choose not to do business with them.

If we really don't like what a country does, we will choose not to do business with them and we will not do business with anyone who does business with them.

Would we not have the undivided attention of the Iranians if we told the Germans, who supply Iran with everything from guns to baby formula, that if they continue, they can turn their US bound ships full of Benzes & Beamers right back around?

Last edited:
This IS the way to fight this fight people.

Yemeni government wants us there , we do the air thing and they do the ground thing.

That way the boots are Yemeni and they are also Muslim.

No infidel to fight, only fellow muslims being aided by air.

That needs to change.

If I were king I'd pull ALL US troops home and tell the world that they are free do do whatever they damn well please. I would also tell the world that if we, by a vote of the American citizenry, don't like what they are doing, we will choose not to do business with them.

If we really don't like what a country does, we will choose not to do business with them and we will not do business with anyone who does business with them.

Would we not have the undivided attention of the Iranians if we told the Germans, who supply Iran with everything from guns to baby formula, that if they continue, they can turn their US bound ships full of Benzes & Beamers right back around?

I did ask your opinion. The problem is that there are countries such as Syria, and Iran that would help support those countries allied with them in sponsoring terrorist groups that attack America.

I think if Syria is found to actively support terrorist groups attacking America a 2,000 pound bomb on their ministry of defense would give a clearer message.

Yemeni government wants us there , we do the air thing and they do the ground thing.

What if Yemen doesn't want to do the ground thing?

Looks bad.
Obama got permission from the Yemenese govt to use drones and cruise missles on terrorist locations.
Their oil is running our so they are going broke.
3 major factions outside of the govt fighting for control and or independence.

the latest aircraft bombing attempt appears to be the direct result of the US attacing a terrorist base in Yemen.

We have special forces in Yemen.

I assume you'll be among the first to volunteer for service in Yemen...or are you just another who likes to talk war from the comfort of your armchair!

That needs to change.

I did ask your opinion. The problem is that there are countries such as Syria, and Iran that would help support those countries allied with them in sponsoring terrorist groups that attack America.

I think if Syria is found to actively support terrorist groups attacking America a 2,000 pound bomb on their ministry of defense would give a clearer message.

Wouldn't we be standing on higher moral ground to shun them and insist that all of our trading partners do the same?

Whether it's true or not, these 'terrorists' believe that their beef with America is as legitimate as Patrick Henry, Thomas Jefferson, et al believed their beef with the British back in the mid 1700's to be.

I am NOT saying that a criminal act should get a free pass just because the criminal has what he believes to be a legitimate gripe, but how many criminal acts could be avoided all together if American Foreign Policy was really concerned with the self determination* of The People of any given region?

* Self-determination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
With the country’s main resource, oil, expected to zero out within seven years, according to an energy index compiled by BP, the concern is that the growing number of young men will become disaffected and radicalized, according to a report by Richard Fontaine, an analyst at the Center for a New American Security, a think tank in Washington.

This is the setting that Al Qaeda seeks to turn to its advantage. Al Qaeda in Yemen came to prominence in 2000 with the bombing of the USS Cole in the Yemeni port of Aden that killed 17 American sailors. Largely ignored since, Al Qaeda in Yemen now has about 1,000 operatives, say Yemeni officials.

Recent years have seen the emergence of a group calling itself Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, or AQAP, thought to be headed by Nassir al-Wahishi, a former secretary to Osama bin Laden.

US behind the scenes of Yemen terrorism fight / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Here is the point once you have committed to any engagement you enter into, if you plan to win this engagement, you enter it to win it. You do so in a manner as to leave no doubt as to the outcome, you do so in a brutal and overwhelming fashion, if you have defined your enemy you do this where that enemy is and once done, let the "nation builders" go about the task of rebuilding the nations and leave the military to the task it is sutied to do, if this is not what Govt. plans on doing then they put these young peoples lives in danger for no other purpose, other than political reasons. As some of these groups are hiding in Yemen then process those groups there, the bottom line is it takes commitment in order to win and if people are not willing to commit to it, then don't and don't put these brave young peoples lives on the line needlessly.

Its their country.

They did want us to help them by bombing though.

Look it's very simple, wherever the terrorists are hiding, american forces should be ready to go there and kill them.

I they are being aided by a state sponsor, that state sponsor needs to be punished.

If there are no consequences they will continue to do it.

Its their country.

They did want us to help them by bombing though.

The problem is the that the terrorists hiding in their country, are trying to kill civilians in our country.

So we can either wait for them to attempt the next terrorist attack, and hope that they fail, or we can seek them out where they are currently and destroy them, before they launch their next attack.

They already have had three successful terrorist attacks within the US in the past year. Unless we go out and kill them where they are hiding there will be many more.

Looks bad.
Obama got permission from the Yemenese govt to use drones and cruise missles on terrorist locations.
Their oil is running our so they are going broke.
3 major factions outside of the govt fighting for control and or independence.

the latest aircraft bombing attempt appears to be the direct result of the US attacing a terrorist base in Yemen.

We have special forces in Yemen.

I assume you'll be among the first to volunteer for service in Yemen...or are you just another who likes to talk war from the comfort of your armchair!

It's awfully bloody playing WOW.

Forum List

Back