How many mosques were in the region called Palestine around 1900?

The title of the work in latin is "De martyribus Palestinae" by Eusebio di Cesarea. For a little lesson in Latin.

Palestina or (Palaestina) is the country.
Palestinae or (Palaestinae) is the person.

All of your posting of an incorrect translation of the word Palestinae, doesn't change a fact that any student of Latin can confirm.

By the way, though Google translate is not the best source for Latin translation, even there if you enter "Palestinian" in English, it will return "Palaestinae".
Oh right, got it, "Eusebio" is the modern Italian for the Latin "Eusebius". Wondered who she was talking about for a moment.

I didn't realise Greeks and Romans turned into Palestinians. And You still have nothing on topic.

Why don't we talk about MOSQUES?
Church of Saint James Intercisus
or
Templum Domini...oh wait...the thread is about mosques :rolleyes-41:
Mosques around 1900 to be precise.

After some 10 pages of deflections You finally got what the thread was about - congrats :eusa_dance:

Now,
are You saying the Church of saint James Intercius was not a mosque around that time? Templum Domini was not a mosque?

Maybe You can explain.

I didn't realise Greeks and Romans turned into Palestinians. And You still have nothing on topic.

or

After some 10 pages of deflections You finally got what the thread was about - congrats :eusa_dance:

Now,
are You saying the Church of saint James Intercius was not a mosque around that time? Templum Domini was not a mosque?

Maybe You can explain.
Well I got what the thread was about on page 1, it was just another pathetic variation on the Zionist "empty land" myth and I'd answered the question on page 4.

As to the above, what's your point? Disused or abandoned places of worship often get "recycled" or demolished, most Christan churches were built on top of demolished pagan temples. Many old disused churches in my neck of the woods have been bought up by Sikhs and Hindus and turned into temples; the Al_Yacoubi mosque is just another example only in Palestine, as is the Dome of the Rock which Crusaders renamed "Templum Domini".

No idea who this "Eusebio" you refer to is, but I would have thought it was obvious; at the time the Bishop of Caesarea was writing, everyone living in the province of "Palestine" (mostly Christians) was a "Palestinian", so self descriptors would have been unnecessary for his readership.

Including these "Palestinians" from Lud in Eusebius' The Martyrs in Palestine?

"There is a large city in the land of Palestine, teeming with population, of which all the inhabitants were Jews. It is called in the Aramaic tongue Lud, and in the Greek it is called Diocaesarea."

No idea who this "Eusebio" you refer to is, but I would have thought it was obvious; at the time the Bishop of Caesarea was writing, everyone living in the province of "Palestine" (mostly Christians) was a "Palestinian", so self descriptors would have been unnecessary for his readership.

Including these "Palestinians" from Lud in Eusebius' The Martyrs in Palestine?

"There is a large city in the land of Palestine, teeming with population, of which all the inhabitants were Jews. It is called in the Aramaic tongue Lud, and in the Greek it is called Diocaesarea."
Jewish Palestinians, he was refering to their religion, what's your point?

or

Now,

Maybe You can explain.
Well I got what the thread was about on page 1, it was just another pathetic variation on the Zionist "empty land" myth and I'd answered the question on page 4.

As to the above, what's your point? Disused or abandoned places of worship often get "recycled" or demolished, most Christan churches were built on top of demolished pagan temples. Many old disused churches in my neck of the woods have been bought up by Sikhs and Hindus and turned into temples; the Al_Yacoubi mosque is just another example only in Palestine, as is the Dome of the Rock which Crusaders renamed "Templum Domini".

It's true that many faiths turn other houses of worship into their own, but Muslims especially are known for doing that. Just like not every Muslim is a terrorist, but every terrorist IS a Muslim.

or

Now,

Maybe You can explain.

It's true that many faiths turn other houses of worship into their own, but Muslims especially are known for doing that. Just like not every Muslim is a terrorist, but every terrorist IS a Muslim.

Muslims are no more known for that then Christians - both conquered large swaths of territory and took over or destroyed pagan/other houses of worship. It was a historic part of conquering a people. I don't think the Muslims as a religion were any worse than others in that regard though that is a common meme being spread and a lot time and energy is spent on spreading it.

Same with "every terrorist IS a Muslim" - really now? Just for example a large number of terrorist attacks are conducted by separatist groups.

or

Now,

Maybe You can explain.

Drivel. Zionist Isreal was founded by terrorists, fact.

or

Now,

Maybe You can explain.

Depending on how you define a terrorist, per capita, you will find that people that practice Judaism and Christianity (e.g. the Irish) over the past century have been more likely to be terrorists than Muslims.

Forum List

Back