How many mosques were in the region called Palestine around 1900?

teddyearp

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2014
Pinetop, AZ
I read a good point either in this thread or another.

If there was such an overwhelming Arab/Muslim population near the 1900, how many mosques were there in the area?

I read a good point either in this thread or another.

If there was such an overwhelming Arab/Muslim population near the 1900, how many mosques were there in the area?
Why would that matter? the Palestinians were Muslims, Christians, and Jews. The Palestinians did not divide themselves into religious groups.

Why would that matter? the Palestinians were Muslims, Christians, and Jews. The Palestinians did not divide themselves into religious groups.

LOL, nice dodge. My question addresses the Muslim Arab population only and begs to know how many mosques were in the area around the year 1900.

LOL, nice dodge. My question addresses the Muslim Arab population only and begs to know how many mosques were in the area around the year 1900.
Why?

Hehe. Must be hitting a raw nerve in your anti-Israel narrative.

I think it is a very valid question as so many pro-pali's insist that there was an overwhelming population of Muslim Arabs in the area around the time of the Jewish return. We know that there were Christian churches and Jewish synagogues that go back centuries before that time.

Here's some more interesting read(s):

List of first mosques by country - Wikipedia

List of the oldest mosques - Wikipedia

Neither of those lists include Israel nor the mythical country of "Palestine". NOT EVEN THE AL ASQA.

Why?

Hehe. Must be hitting a raw nerve in your anti-Israel narrative.

I think it is a very valid question as so many pro-pali's insist that there was an overwhelming population of Muslim Arabs in the area around the time of the Jewish return. We know that there were Christian churches and Jewish synagogues that go back centuries before that time.

Here's some more interesting read(s):

List of first mosques by country - Wikipedia

List of the oldest mosques - Wikipedia

Neither of those lists include Israel nor the mythical country of "Palestine". NOT EVEN THE AL ASQA.

Hmm, how about in 1896. Where do you think those Christians and Muslims were praying?

Hmm, how about in 1896. Where do you think those Christians and Muslims were praying?

Still hitting the nerve, I see. I picked the year 1900 because it is easy. Actually, I said around the year 1900.

Your film is by it's own admission, made in Jerusalem, and obviously mostly in the old city. Your film is also made from silent film, so all the audio, especially the Muslim call to prayers in the background shows its obvious bias. It talks about the woman in the shawl, the Armenian, the Sunni, yet says nothing about the Jew wearing a Tallit at the beginning. I will admit that there were Mosques in Jerusalem that go back hundreds of years as well.

My question still stands. How many mosques were there in that area that is now Israel around the year 1900. And I will modify. Let's exclude the Old City of Jerusalem.

Better now?

Still hitting the nerve, I see. I picked the year 1900 because it is easy. Actually, I said around the year 1900.

Your film is by it's own admission, made in Jerusalem, and obviously mostly in the old city. Your film is also made from silent film, so all the audio, especially the Muslim call to prayers in the background shows its obvious bias. It talks about the woman in the shawl, the Armenian, the Sunni, yet says nothing about the Jew wearing a Tallit at the beginning. I will admit that there were Mosques in Jerusalem that go back hundreds of years as well.

My question still stands. How many mosques were there in that area that is now Israel around the year 1900. And I will modify. Let's exclude the Old City of Jerusalem.

Better now?

There was no bias, in fact, it is the translation of the French text that was written contemporaneously with the film. As far as mosques in Ottoman Palestine circa 1900s, here are some photos of a few of the hundreds of mosques in Ottoman Palestine. You see, the Hasbara propaganda you read and are trying to spread is bullshit. Propaganda is all the Zionists have, and you have been brainwashed to believe and propagate it. In 1900 there were about 700,000 people only 70,000 were Jews after many decades of European Jew migration, the rest were Muslim and Christians. Do you really believe there were no mosques. LOL

Famous Mosques in the Palestinian Territories

There was no bias, in fact, it is the translation of the French text that was written contemporaneously with the film. As far as mosques in Ottoman Palestine circa 1900s, here are some photos of a few of the hundreds of mosques in Ottoman Palestine. You see, the Hasbara propaganda you read and are trying to spread is bullshit. Propaganda is all the Zionists have, and you have been brainwashed to believe and propagate it. In 1900 there were about 700,000 people only 70,000 were Jews after many decades of European Jew migration, the rest were Muslim and Christians. Do you really believe there were no mosques. LOL

Is English your second language? I said "especially the Muslim calls to prayer" in the audio to refer to the bias of your film.

You must still be stinging from the nerves I am hitting since you still have to include your usual names when cornered. Also when cornered, you put words into others mouths. I NEVER said there were no mosques, I am simply asking how many?

Which brings me to your link. Wow. 15. Granted they are the most famous, but again, where is the Al Aqsa in that list?

Where in this link is there more than just a passing mention of any mosque in Israel?:

Mosque - Wikipedia

Is English your second language? I said "especially the Muslim calls to prayer" in the audio to refer to the bias of your film.

You must still be stinging from the nerves I am hitting since you still have to include your usual names when cornered. Also when cornered, you put words into others mouths. I NEVER said there were no mosques, I am simply asking how many?

Which brings me to your link. Wow. 15. Granted they are the most famous, but again, where is the Al Aqsa in that list?

Where in this link is there more than just a passing mention of any mosque in Israel?:

Mosque - Wikipedia

There were hundreds of mosques in what is now Israel. As far as Al Aqsa, built in 705 AD.

Al-Aqsa Mosque, also known as Al-Aqsa and Bayt al-Muqaddas, is the third holiest site in Sunni Islam and is located in the Old City of Jerusalem. Wikipedia

Address: Jerusalem
Opened: 705 AD
Minaret height: 121′ 0″

Give it up, you are trying to support Zionist propaganda, essentially lies.

:dig:

Very few! Just as there were very few people in the area in the 1800s!

In fact during the 1800s Jerusalem had a Jewish majority and had one ever since!

Population of Jerusalem (1844-2009)

IMG_4047.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Moderation Note:

In a very tricky manuever --- I moved about 10 posts from "Who are the Palestinians" concerning the existence of Mosques in Palestine to HERE --- a new thread in I/P Forum..

Last time I tried that -- I really screwed it up.. Hope it's all intact !!!

Year

Jews Muslims Christians Total
1806 2,000 4,000 2,774 8,774
1815 4,000-5,000 ? ? 26,000
1817 3,000-4,000 13,000 3,250 19,750
1821 0 >4,000 0 8,000
1824 6,000 10,000 4,000 20,000
1832 4,000 13,000 3,560 20,560

I seriously believe that asking how many mosques there were can and is a key question.
I know you do. That is why I was LMAO. Now tell us why this is thread worthy.

Jerusalem in Photos from 1862: No mosques, no Palestinians – only ghost towns of massacred Christian areas

A new photographic exhibition in London follows the journey taken by England’s Prince of Wales (later King Edward VII) in 1862, as he undertook a four month tour around the Middle East.

And as usual, no sign of mosques or active Palestinian presence as the decades old argument from the Palestinian side to keep up the saga to fight and occupy, for the sake of jihad and foreign aid.

In the exhibition we find more photographs from Jerusalem in 1862, when the so called “palestinians” allegedly were already 1 million in population on land they profess to have “lost to Jewish occupation” a few decades later. The only problem with this argument is that, as with all photographs up to the second decade of 1900’s, there are rarely any Muslims or mosques to be found on any photographs. The only mosque – and a confiscated synagogue converted after Muslim invasion is the Temple Mount’s Dome of the Rock – and it stands empty of Muslims in ALL pictures through the 1800’s and early 1900’s, demonstrating the falsity in the Palestinian argument.

There were hundreds of mosques in what is now Israel.

Prove it. My research show this for how many mosques:

38 in Oslo Accords Area(s) A, B, and C Link: List of mosques in the State of Palestine - Wikipedia

How's that for wiki, calling those areas the "State of Palestine"? If only they would declare it so peacefully!

19 in Israel (with 6 duplications for those in the Old City from the above link). Link: List of mosques in Israel - Wikipedia

And here's something else just for kicks:

There are over 400 mosques in Israel, of which some 73 are located in Jerusalem. The number of mosques in Israel has increased about five-fold since 1988, when there were 80 mosques.

Link: http://mfa.gov.il/MFA/ForeignPolicy/Issues/Pages/Facts-and-Figures-Islam-in-Israel.aspx

That last link shows more than the wiki links but still far short of the 'thousands' you claimed monti. It even claims at 80 before 1988 more than the wiki links, but alas. Sorry for your bad luck monti with your 'thousands'; still falls far short.

Try again. Once you get over the sting, hehe.

Forum List

Back