How many mosques were in the region called Palestine around 1900?

So it's no longer "Martyrs in Palestine", but now "Martyrs of Palestine"? Translations vary with the translator; the work could also equally legitimately be translated as "Palestinian Martyrs". As Monti says, "your dog won't hunt", no matter how much you thrash it.

I didn't realise Greeks and Romans turned into Palestinians. And You still have nothing on topic.

Why don't we talk about MOSQUES?
Church of Saint James Intercisus
or
Templum Domini...oh wait...the thread is about mosques :rolleyes-41:

It's the other way around. The native people became Roman citizens and adopted the religion of the ruling Romans.

As far as mosques, haven't you figured out that the claim that there were no mosques in Palestine is a fake Hasbara meme?

Here is a nice mosque. The Mosque in Beersheba. However, the Jews drove the native people out of Beersheba and renamed the place. The Jews plan to make it a musuem, I understand.

Australian_Flying_Corps._Mosque_at_Beersheba%2C_in_Ottoman_Palestine._1917.jpg

File:Australian Flying Corps. Mosque at Beersheba, in Ottoman Palestine. 1917.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

8c9ca35dba45ef95f37ef72b0c0ea377--big-picture-palestine.jpg

Mosque in Bethlehem 1900.

Mosques مساجد

Show us a Mosque before Islam. Before the 7th Century CE.

That is the time the Jews (and others) say, and with all reason to say so, that there were no mosques at that time.

But some people like to say that there were Mosques in the area before Islam, and that there were Muslims in the area, before Islam.

Palestinians before the Mandate or 1964 CE.

Cleopatra was an Arab.

Jesus was a Palestinian.

It is a Puzzlement, but only for those who do not know and do not care to know.

And those who are intent in wiping out any Jewish presence on the planet.

:eusa_liar:

:lmao:

Last edited:
It's the other way around. The native people became Roman citizens and adopted the religion of the ruling Romans.

As far as mosques, haven't you figured out that the claim that there were no mosques in Palestine is a fake Hasbara meme?

Here is a nice mosque. The Mosque in Beersheba. However, the Jews drove the native people out of Beersheba and renamed the place. The Jews plan to make it a musuem, I understand.

Australian_Flying_Corps._Mosque_at_Beersheba%2C_in_Ottoman_Palestine._1917.jpg

File:Australian Flying Corps. Mosque at Beersheba, in Ottoman Palestine. 1917.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

As far as I know, the city of Beersheba was never renamed. And why would Jews rename it anyway? It's a 4,000-year-old Hebrew name from the Bible, meaning "Well of the Covenant."

After the Islamist invasion and occupation of the area you falsely identify as your invented "country of Pal'istan, there were Islamic monuments to hate and war, i.e.: mosques? Wow. Who knew?
After the jewish invasion and occupation of the area you falsely identify as your biblical country of israel, there were jewish monuments to hate and war, i.e.:temples? Wow. Who knew?

After the Islamist invasion and occupation of the area you falsely identify as your invented "country of Pal'istan, there were Islamic monuments to hate and war, i.e.: mosques? Wow. Who knew?
After the jewish invasion and occupation of the area you falsely identify as your biblical country of israel, there were jewish monuments to hate and war, i.e.:temples? Wow. Who knew?

As usual, your spam makes no sense, creepy stalker.

As we know, your muhammedan hordes actually did invade and colonize the land area you falsely believe to be your invented "country of Pal'istan".

As was customary following the muhammedan invasions, the monuments to hate and war; what you Muhamnedans call "mosques" were built as markers to Islamist colonialism and conquest.

As we know, your muhammedan hordes actually did invade and colonize the land area you falsely believe to be your invented "country of Pal'istan".

As was customary following the muhammedan invasions, the monuments to hate and war; what you Muhamnedans call "mosques" were built as markers to Islamist colonialism and conquest.

As we know, your European jewish hordes actually did invade and colonize the land area you falsely conflate with the biblical land of Israel.

As was customary following the jewish invasions, the monuments to hate and war; what you jews call "temples" were built as markers to jewish colonialism and conquest.

As we know, your European jewish hordes actually did invade and colonize the land area you falsely conflate with the biblical land of Israel.

As was customary following the jewish invasions, the monuments to hate and war; what you jews call "temples" were built as markers to jewish colonialism and conquest.

Your plagiarized cut and paste was tyoically sloppy and incoherent.

As usual, your spam makes no sense, creepy stalker. Read my post again and review your plagiarized version.

Poster, that old guy with the long, white beard on this thread keeps insisting that Eusebius' work is called the Palestinian Martyrs instead of the actual, correct rendering of Martyrs in Palestine. Can you find any "Palestinians" in this work?
Eusebius of Caesarea: The History of the Martyrs in Palestine (1861).  Translated by William Cureton.

Yes of course it is. But I think you do realize that your dog won't hunt.

Old Timer, that no nothing, mangy dog of yours is leading you astray. He has you seeing Palestinian in Eusebius' work where it should read "Palestine". Guess the point has come to put the mutt to rest.

Yes, Dio also wrote that the Judean "Jews" were all but exterminated by the Romans:

"Severus did not venture to attack his opponents in the open at any one point, in view of their numbers and their desperation, but by intercepting small groups, thanks to the number of his soldiers and his under-officers, and by depriving them of food and shutting them up, he was able, rather slowly, to be sure, but with comparatively little danger, to crush, exhaust and exterminate them. Very few of them in fact survived.

Fifty of their most important outposts and nine hundred and eighty-five of their most famous villages were razed to the ground. Five hundred and eighty thousand men were slain in the various raids and battles, and the number of those that perished by famine, disease and fire was past finding out. Thus nearly the whole of Judaea was made desolate, a result of which the people had had forewarning before the war. (Dio, 69.13-14.)
Yes, Dio also wrote that the Judean "Jews" were all but exterminated by the Romans:

"Severus did not venture to attack his opponents in the open at any one point, in view of their numbers and their desperation, but by intercepting small groups, thanks to the number of his soldiers and his under-officers, and by depriving them of food and shutting them up, he was able, rather slowly, to be sure, but with comparatively little danger, to crush, exhaust and exterminate them. Very few of them in fact survived.

Fifty of their most important outposts and nine hundred and eighty-five of their most famous villages were razed to the ground. Five hundred and eighty thousand men were slain in the various raids and battles, and the number of those that perished by famine, disease and fire was past finding out. Thus nearly the whole of Judaea was made desolate, a result of which the people had had forewarning before the war. (Dio, 69.13-14.)

Five hundred and eighty thousand Jewish men were slain in that last Jewish-Roman war. The remaining Jews were not allowed into Jerusalem -- but for one day of the year. There's a Jewish family by the name of Zainati (only one sole member survives, I believe) from the village of Peki'in who trace their unbroken presence in the Jewish land to that last war.
Poster, did you notice that Cassius Dio mentions "Jews" and "Judeae" but never mentions any "Palestinians"? Where were the "Palestinians"?

Cassius Dio certainly mentions Palestine.

"1 Such was the course of these events; and following them Vespasian was declared emperor by the senate also, and Titus and Domitian were given the title of Caesars. The consular office was assumed by Vespasian and Titus while the former was in Egypt and the latter in Palestine."

Cassius Dio — Epitome of Book 65

And Eusebio of Caesarea wrote the "Palestinian Martyrs" manuscript in the 4th century.

"De martyribus Palestinae" (The Palestinian Martyrs)

La tradizione manoscritta delle agiografie dei martiri palestinesi

Martiri palestinesi nell’Occidente latino. I casi della Passio Theodosiae virginis (BHL 8090) e della Passio Romani monachi (BHL 7298)

Of course one has to have some education to research the source material from authoritative sources, and understanding a bit of latin or italian helps. It does debunk the Zionist propaganda, designed to delegitimize the Palestinians, you people are brainwashed with.
There's a thread-ender if I ever saw one, lol.

Poster, you uncorked that champagne too soon. See my last entry.
My dear young girl, you can NEVER uncork a champagne bottle too soon....;)

Our grandmother's sister, who we all called Auntie, could never remember the names of her siblings' grandchildren, so to cover the fact that she might call us by the wrong name, she would always address us as "young girl" or "young boy". She was a sweet, little, old lady. You just reminded me of her when you addressed me as "young girl" -- can I call you Auntie? Well, Auntie -- I feel already as if we have known each other for years -- can I please offer some friendly advice? Please, put down the bottle . . . there is nothing sadder than an imbiber, especially a woman on in years who has stayed too long at the fair.
I hope you don't think ill of me for having had my say (it was written with the best of intention) and, I hope we can become good friends through this medium.

I didn't realise Greeks and Romans turned into Palestinians. And You still have nothing on topic.

Why don't we talk about MOSQUES?
Church of Saint James Intercisus
or
Templum Domini...oh wait...the thread is about mosques :rolleyes-41:
Mosques around 1900 to be precise.

So it's no longer "Martyrs in Palestine", but now "Martyrs of Palestine"? Translations vary with the translator; the work could also equally legitimately be translated as "Palestinian Martyrs". As Monti says, "your dog won't hunt", no matter how much you thrash it.

Perhaps, you can find "Palestinian" in Eusebio's work:
Eusebius of Caesarea: The History of the Martyrs in Palestine (1861). Translated by William Cureton.
No idea who this "Eusebio" you refer to is, but I would have thought it was obvious; at the time the Bishop of Caesarea was writing, everyone living in the province of "Palestine" (mostly Christians) was a "Palestinian", so self descriptors would have been unnecessary for his readership.

The title of the work in latin is "De martyribus Palestinae" by Eusebio di Cesarea. For a little lesson in Latin.

Palestina or (Palaestina) is the country.
Palestinae or (Palaestinae) is the person.

All of your posting of an incorrect translation of the word Palestinae, doesn't change a fact that any student of Latin can confirm.

By the way, though Google translate is not the best source for Latin translation, even there if you enter "Palestinian" in English, it will return "Palaestinae".

Forum List

Back