How many mosques were in the region called Palestine around 1900?

There was no bias, in fact, it is the translation of the French text that was written contemporaneously with the film. As far as mosques in Ottoman Palestine circa 1900s, here are some photos of a few of the hundreds of mosques in Ottoman Palestine. You see, the Hasbara propaganda you read and are trying to spread is bullshit. Propaganda is all the Zionists have, and you have been brainwashed to believe and propagate it. In 1900 there were about 700,000 people only 70,000 were Jews after many decades of European Jew migration, the rest were Muslim and Christians. Do you really believe there were no mosques. LOL

Famous Mosques in the Palestinian Territories

Is English your second language? I said "especially the Muslim calls to prayer" in the audio to refer to the bias of your film.

You must still be stinging from the nerves I am hitting since you still have to include your usual names when cornered. Also when cornered, you put words into others mouths. I NEVER said there were no mosques, I am simply asking how many?

Which brings me to your link. Wow. 15. Granted they are the most famous, but again, where is the Al Aqsa in that list?

Where in this link is there more than just a passing mention of any mosque in Israel?:

Mosque - Wikipedia

There were hundreds of mosques in what is now Israel. As far as Al Aqsa, built in 705 AD.

Al-Aqsa Mosque, also known as Al-Aqsa and Bayt al-Muqaddas, is the third holiest site in Sunni Islam and is located in the Old City of Jerusalem. Wikipedia

Address: Jerusalem
Opened: 705 AD
Minaret height: 121′ 0″

Give it up, you are trying to support Zionist propaganda, essentially lies.

:dig:

Greco-Roman historian Cassius Dio (164-c.235) does not mention any mosques in Jerusalem but he does mention the Jewish Temple: "At Jerusalem, Hadrian founded a city in place of the one which had been razed to the ground, naming it Aelia Capitolina, and on the site of the TEMPLE ... he raised a new temple to Jupiter.
This brought on a war of no slight importance nor of brief duration, for the JEWS deemed it intolerable that foreign races should be settled in THEIR city and foreign religious rites planted there." [All emphases mine] (From Cassius Dio, Roman history 69.12.1)

There was no bias, in fact, it is the translation of the French text that was written contemporaneously with the film. As far as mosques in Ottoman Palestine circa 1900s, here are some photos of a few of the hundreds of mosques in Ottoman Palestine. You see, the Hasbara propaganda you read and are trying to spread is bullshit. Propaganda is all the Zionists have, and you have been brainwashed to believe and propagate it. In 1900 there were about 700,000 people only 70,000 were Jews after many decades of European Jew migration, the rest were Muslim and Christians. Do you really believe there were no mosques. LOL

Is English your second language? I said "especially the Muslim calls to prayer" in the audio to refer to the bias of your film.

You must still be stinging from the nerves I am hitting since you still have to include your usual names when cornered. Also when cornered, you put words into others mouths. I NEVER said there were no mosques, I am simply asking how many?

Which brings me to your link. Wow. 15. Granted they are the most famous, but again, where is the Al Aqsa in that list?

Where in this link is there more than just a passing mention of any mosque in Israel?:

Mosque - Wikipedia

There were hundreds of mosques in what is now Israel. As far as Al Aqsa, built in 705 AD.

Al-Aqsa Mosque, also known as Al-Aqsa and Bayt al-Muqaddas, is the third holiest site in Sunni Islam and is located in the Old City of Jerusalem. Wikipedia

Greco-Roman historian Cassius Dio (164-c.235) does not mention any mosques in Jerusalem but he does mention the Jewish Temple: "At Jerusalem, Hadrian founded a city in place of the one which had been razed to the ground, naming it Aelia Capitolina, and on the site of the TEMPLE ... he raised a new temple to Jupiter.
This brought on a war of no slight importance nor of brief duration, for the JEWS deemed it intolerable that foreign races should be settled in THEIR city and foreign religious rites planted there." [All emphases mine] (From Cassius Dio, Roman history 69.12.1)

Why would there be mosques anywhere before the establishment of Islam?

Mosque - Wikipedia

Yes, Dio also wrote that the Judean "Jews" were all but exterminated by the Romans:

"Severus did not venture to attack his opponents in the open at any one point, in view of their numbers and their desperation, but by intercepting small groups, thanks to the number of his soldiers and his under-officers, and by depriving them of food and shutting them up, he was able, rather slowly, to be sure, but with comparatively little danger, to crush, exhaust and exterminate them. Very few of them in fact survived.

Fifty of their most important outposts and nine hundred and eighty-five of their most famous villages were razed to the ground. Five hundred and eighty thousand men were slain in the various raids and battles, and the number of those that perished by famine, disease and fire was past finding out. Thus nearly the whole of Judaea was made desolate, a result of which the people had had forewarning before the war. (Dio, 69.13-14.)

Mosque - Wikipedia

Yes, Dio also wrote that the Judean "Jews" were all but exterminated by the Romans:

"Severus did not venture to attack his opponents in the open at any one point, in view of their numbers and their desperation, but by intercepting small groups, thanks to the number of his soldiers and his under-officers, and by depriving them of food and shutting them up, he was able, rather slowly, to be sure, but with comparatively little danger, to crush, exhaust and exterminate them. Very few of them in fact survived.

Fifty of their most important outposts and nine hundred and eighty-five of their most famous villages were razed to the ground. Five hundred and eighty thousand men were slain in the various raids and battles, and the number of those that perished by famine, disease and fire was past finding out. Thus nearly the whole of Judaea was made desolate, a result of which the people had had forewarning before the war. (Dio, 69.13-14.)

Mosque - Wikipedia

Mosque - Wikipedia

Five hundred and eighty thousand Jewish men were slain in that last Jewish-Roman war. The remaining Jews were not allowed into Jerusalem -- but for one day of the year. There's a Jewish family by the name of Zainati (only one sole member survives, I believe) from the village of Peki'in who trace their unbroken presence in the Jewish land to that last war.
Poster, did you notice that Cassius Dio mentions "Jews" and "Judeae" but never mentions any "Palestinians"? Where were the "Palestinians"?

Mosque - Wikipedia

Mosque - Wikipedia

Five hundred and eighty thousand Jewish men were slain in that last Jewish-Roman war. The remaining Jews were not allowed into Jerusalem -- but for one day of the year. There's a Jewish family by the name of Zainati (only one sole member survives, I believe) from the village of Peki'in who trace their unbroken presence in the Jewish land to that last war.
Poster, did you notice that Cassius Dio mentions "Jews" and "Judeae" but never mentions any "Palestinians"? Where were the "Palestinians"?

Cassius Dio certainly mentions Palestine.

"1 Such was the course of these events; and following them Vespasian was declared emperor by the senate also, and Titus and Domitian were given the title of Caesars. The consular office was assumed by Vespasian and Titus while the former was in Egypt and the latter in Palestine."

Cassius Dio — Epitome of Book 65

And Eusebio of Caesarea wrote the "Palestinian Martyrs" manuscript in the 4th century.

"De martyribus Palestinae" (The Palestinian Martyrs)

La tradizione manoscritta delle agiografie dei martiri palestinesi

Martiri palestinesi nell’Occidente latino. I casi della Passio Theodosiae virginis (BHL 8090) e della Passio Romani monachi (BHL 7298)

Of course one has to have some education to research the source material from authoritative sources, and understanding a bit of latin or italian helps. It does debunk the Zionist propaganda, designed to delegitimize the Palestinians, you people are brainwashed with.

Mosque - Wikipedia

Why would there be mosques anywhere before the establishment of Islam?

Why sure. That was what elicited those FPE's (face-palm episodes), when you claimed that the indigenous Moslems had lived in you invented "country of Pally'stan" for "thousands of years".

Why would there be Islamics before the invention of Islam?

Mosque - Wikipedia

Mosque - Wikipedia

"1 Such was the course of these events; and following them Vespasian was declared emperor by the senate also, and Titus and Domitian were given the title of Caesars. The consular office was assumed by Vespasian and Titus while the former was in Egypt and the latter in Palestine."

And Eusebio of Caesarea wrote the "Palestinian Martyrs" manuscript in the 4th century.

Martiri palestinesi nell’Occidente latino. I casi della Passio Theodosiae virginis (BHL 8090) e della Passio Romani monachi (BHL 7298)

Of course one has to have some education to research the source material from authoritative sources, and understanding a bit of latin or italian helps. It does debunk the Zionist propaganda, designed to delegitimize the Palestinians, you people are brainwashed with.
There's a thread-ender if I ever saw one, lol.

Mosque - Wikipedia

Mosque - Wikipedia

Carefully reread the passage: ". . . Cassius Dio . . . never mentions any 'Palestinians' and "[w]here were the 'Palestinians'?" We already know that the term for the region was sometimes referred to as Palestine. Herdoutus employs it in his work, Histories, as early as the 5th Century BCE (probably in reference to the Philistines, a non-Arabic, non-Semitic people from the Greek Isles who invaded the southern coast of the Holy Land in the 2nd half of the 12th Century BCE). What we're seeking here is if Cassius Dio ever mentions any "Palestinians"? Again, I ask, where were the "Palestinians" when the Jews were fighting the Romans? Where were they concentrated and what role did they play while the land was being sacked by the Romans?

Guy, you're wrong. De Martyribus Palestinae does not translate as the Palestinian Martyrs.

Eusebio's Greek work which is rendered in Latin as, De Martyribus Palestinae, translates as, The Palestine Martyrs. Palestine translates as Palestinae in Latin. Martiri "Palestinesi" is Italian for "Palestinians" Martyrs, which does a disservice to Eusebio's earlier Latin translation. There are no "Palestinians" in Eusebio's The Palestine Martyrs.

Poster, you uncorked that champagne too soon. See my last entry.

Carefully reread the passage: ". . . Cassius Dio . . . never mentions any 'Palestinians' and "[w]here were the 'Palestinians'?" We already know that the term for the region was sometimes referred to as Palestine. Herdoutus employs it in his work, Histories, as early as the 5th Century BCE (probably in reference to the Philistines, a non-Arabic, non-Semitic people from the Greek Isles who invaded the southern coast of the Holy Land in the 2nd half of the 12th Century BCE). What we're seeking here is if Cassius Dio ever mentions any "Palestinians"? Again, I ask, where were the "Palestinians" when the Jews were fighting the Romans? Where were they concentrated and what role did they play while the land was being sacked by the Romans?

Guy, you're wrong. De Martyribus Palestinae does not translate as the Palestinian Martyrs.

Eusebio's Greek work which is rendered in Latin as, De Martyribus Palestinae, translates as, The Palestine Martyrs. Palestine translates as Palestinae in Latin. Martiri "Palestinesi" is Italian for "Palestinians" Martyrs, which does a disservice to Eusebio's earlier Latin translation. There are no "Palestinians" in Eusebio's The Palestine Martyrs.

The whole work is about the Palestinian martyrs you idiot. Palestine is Palaestina in Latin. Not Palestinae. The correct translation is "Of the Palestinian Martyrs". You are now going to teach Italians how to translate Latin? Italian is the closest language to Latin, moron.

You have made a fool of yourself, there were Palestinians in Palaestina Prima, Palaestina Secunda and Palaestina Tertia (or Salutaris).

The whole work is about the Palestinian martyrs you idiot. Palestine is Palaestina in Latin. Not Palestinae. The correct translation is "Of the Palestinian Martyrs". You are now going to teach Italians how to translate Latin? Italian is the closest language to Latin, moron.

You have made a fool of yourself, there were Palestinians in Palaestina Prima, Palaestina Secunda and Palaestina Tertia (or Salutaris).

Stupe, Palestinae is Palestine -- not "Palestinians".

Eusebius of Caesarea: The History of the Martyrs in Palestine (1861).  Translated by William Cureton.

You are so darn ignorant. Palestinus is the singular for Palestinian and Palestinae is the plural for Palestinian (Palestinians). You have no knowledge of latin and yet you ignoramuses want to agrue with someone who actually knows latin.

The -ae suffix is used for the plural of many non-naturalized, specialist, or unfamiliar nouns ending in -a (see -a1) derived from Latin or Greek: antennae is the plural of antenna; larvae of larva; scapulae of scapula, a shoulder-blade; pupae of pupa, a chrysalis.

De martyribus Palestinae is the name of the work.

You people just demonstrate your ignorance in an attempt to deligitimize the Palestinians. Morons.

Last edited:

It's a hoot to watch you lash out as another of your frauds is exposed.

You are so darn ignorant. Palestinus is the singular for Palestinian and Palestinae is the plural for Palestinian (Palestinians). You have no knowledge of latin and yet you ignoramuses want to agrue with someone who actually knows latin.

The -ae suffix is used for the plural of many non-naturalized, specialist, or unfamiliar nouns ending in -a (see -a1) derived from Latin or Greek: antennae is the plural of antenna; larvae of larva; scapulae of scapula, a shoulder-blade; pupae of pupa, a chrysalis.

De martyribus Palestinae is the name of the work.

You people just demonstrate your ignorance in an attempt to deligitimize the Palestinians. Morons.

Eusebius of Caesarea: The History of the Martyrs in Palestine (1861).  Translated by William Cureton.

De martyribus Palestinae translation "Of the Palestinian Martyrs". But go ahead and propagandize. You are a typical ignorant no nothing.

Poster, you uncorked that champagne too soon. See my last entry.
My dear young girl, you can NEVER uncork a champagne bottle too soon....;)

Forum List

Back