How many are collecting Govt paychecks doing nothing

The lack of knowledge of productivity rates is concerning...
Not even knowing how to figure it out is even more concerning.

Because what that means is that some people are responsible for over 80% of the crucial work and are likely overworked and overwhelmed to the extent that the job isn't getting done appropriately. Meanwhile others work a couple of hours and then try to fill their day due to boredom.

And that's a problem!

It's not just cutting staff and office space to save money...it's about spending the tax dollars effectively and efficiently.

I've seen county employees pretend to do their jobs as they are overwhelmed with work just basically rubber stamping one job after another instead of doing a proper inspection...because there is no way logistically for one person to actually perform all the work of three.

Every time there is a typhoon that hits Okinawa all "non essential" members of the military are secured to their quarters and cannot leave till it passes. Using these moron's logic, those 90% of the US military on Okinawa should be fired.
i worked the comm center at camp butler. our shop had teletypes and radios all over the island. good times in the 1970s.

A couple generations ago, the Federal workforce was a giant mass of mediocrity. They were the college grads who took bullshit subjects or barely graduated with minimum QPA's, and couldn't get hired anyplace other than government. I was in the army for three years and a DoD employee from 1975-80. The main reason why my co-workers were there is because they wanted few demands in the workplace, lots of vacation time, and a generous, early retirement. They had no political agenda and rarely talked politics in the office - at least in my 8 years there.

But Feds are a new breed now. They go to work for Government because they want to run the world. More than 90% of them are blatant Leftists. They want power without having to run for office, and don't really care what the Administration wants, if it is a Republican administration. Trump has exposed them for what they are, the Deep State, and you better believe they will do everything the possibly can to see to it that he loses the next election. Just like they did in 2020.
Hopefully the tide is changing for the Republicans, and hopefully Trump whips Democrat ace in the political sense come 2024, just like Israel is whooping Hamas ace in the battlefield sense in 2023. 😂.

Most will vote for Trump, because he did no harm during his run from 2016 to 2020, and he only fought to make America better. FACT....

Biden being exposed with his son now, and his botched exit from Afghanistan, the signing of executive order after executive order just to knock Trump down somehow in stature (unleashing hell on this country, and upon the world), is going to weigh heavy on the minds of voter's come 2024.

People are ready for Trump to finish his presidency, and to expose the deep state for what it is, and for what it has been. American's don't like it when they are labeled as domestic terrorists (especially parent's), by a corrupt administration that sought to label them in these ways for merely standing up for their values and principles that they have... Huge mistake on the Democrat's part. One that will come back to haunt.

The lack of knowledge of productivity rates is concerning...
Not even knowing how to figure it out is even more concerning.

Because what that means is that some people are responsible for over 80% of the crucial work and are likely overworked and overwhelmed to the extent that the job isn't getting done appropriately. Meanwhile others work a couple of hours and then try to fill their day due to boredom.

And that's a problem!

It's not just cutting staff and office space to save money...it's about spending the tax dollars effectively and efficiently.

I've seen county employees pretend to do their jobs as they are overwhelmed with work just basically rubber stamping one job after another instead of doing a proper inspection...because there is no way logistically for one person to actually perform all the work of three.
you are, of course, describing a MANAGEMENT problem.

i worked the comm center at camp butler. our shop had teletypes and radios all over the island. good times in the 1970s.

dang you are old! ;)

I was there in the early 90s. did 1.5 years and then another 3.5 in the late 90s on an accompanied tour. Loved Okinawa

Hopefully the tide is changing for the Republicans, and hopefully Trump whips Democrat ace in the political sense come 2024, just like Israel is whooping Hamas ace in the battlefield sense in 2023. 😂.

Most will vote for Trump, because he did no harm during his run from 2016 to 2020, and he only fought to make America better. FACT....

Biden being exposed with his son now, and his botched exit from Afghanistan, the signing of executive order after executive order just to knock Trump down somehow in stature (unleashing hell on this country, and upon the world), is going to weigh heavy on the minds of voter's come 2024.

People are ready for Trump to finish his presidency, and to expose the deep state for what it is, and for what it has been. American's don't like it when they are labeled as domestic terrorists (especially parent's), by a corrupt administration that sought to label them in these ways for merely standing up for their values and principles that they have... Huge mistake on the Democrat's part. One that will come back to haunt.
we will, again. hand trump his ass in the 2024 election. he did nothing useful on his first term and can be expected to fail miserably in 2024.

The vast majority of Fed employees are not part of any administration and are there long after the current one moves on. Their pay and benefits are voted on by Congress, which also is not part of any administration.

Those needing confirmation hearings are 0.01% of the total federal workforce. The rest are just average joes and jills that just want to do their job, provide for their family and do not care in the least how you vote.

My wife is an employee of the VA and I can promise you she and none of her fellow nurses give a shit how you vote
This is about government worker's operating from their private residence correct ? No excuse for it.. Period.

dang you are old! ;)

I was there in the early 90s. did 1.5 years and then another 3.5 in the late 90s on an accompanied tour. Loved Okinawa
i sailed into naha on usns wilkes in the 90s. it had changed considerably under japanese management

This is about government worker's operating from their private residence correct ? No excuse for it.. Period.

it has been happening for more than a decade, why are you just now whining about it?

The Govt can save massive amounts of money with remote workers.

A GS-12 doing the same job in DC is paid $23,000 more per year than someone doing that job in Kansas City.

If that person does not have a customer facing job, why pay them to do it in DC instead of from their home in KC?

we will, again. hand trump his ass in the 2024 election. he did nothing useful on his first term and can be expected to fail miserably in 2024.
Oh so you figured that you derailed him in his first term, and can do it again eh ? That's the people's concern now, otherwise how you all undermined his administration, and all because y'all thought that it was unfriendly to your unpopular agenda's, otherwise agenda's that were being pushed in an authoritarian way by a Democrat run government on the people of this country against their will. Yes you all want to keep that bull shite going don't you, and Trump is just in your way.

i sailed into naha on usns wilkes in the 90s. it had changed considerably under japanese management

I was stationed up at Camp Hansen in the early 90s, right out side of Kinville. When I went back just 7 years later the changes were pretty drastic.

it has been happening for more than a decade, why are you just now whining about it?

The Govt can save massive amounts of money with remote workers.

A GS-12 doing the same job in DC is paid $23,000 more per year than someone doing that job in Kansas City.

If that person does not have a customer facing job, why pay them to do it in DC instead of from their home in KC?
Some things should not be tampered with, because it's simply the fact that taxpayer money is funding it, and private residence workers aren't easily kept transparent if an audit is needed in order to satisfy taxpayer's who fund the government and it's operations. When dealing with government fraud and waste it is a huge issue, so transparency is paramount with over taxed citizen's in this country.

Oh so you figured that you derailed him in his first term, and can do it again eh ? That's the people's concern now, otherwise how you all undermined his administration, and all because y'all thought that it was unfriendly to your unpopular agenda's, otherwise agenda's that were being pushed in an authoritarian way by a Democrat run government on the people of this country against their will. Yes you all want to keep that bull shite going don't you, and Trump is just in your way.
this countru is NOT against us. just a few uneducated and gullible trumpists. trump will get his 30%% in 1924.

Some things should not be tampered with, because it's simply the fact that taxpayer money is funding it, and private residence workers aren't easily kept transparent if an audit is needed in order to satisfy taxpayer's who fund the government and it's operations. When dealing with government fraud and waste it is a huge issue, so transparency is paramount with over taxed citizen's in this country.

Telework as been allowed by the Govt for more than a decade, why is it just now a problem?

Also, with today's software it is very easy to see what someone is doing whether they are at home or in the office.

this countru is NOT against us. just a few uneducated and gullible trumpists. trump will get his 30%% in 1924.
You've been lied to by the fake media... The same media that tried to put lipstick on the Hamas pigs, and it's dirty filthy deeds.. The same media that attempted to turn what happened over onto Israel by labeling Hamas a resistance force.

Telework as been allowed by the Govt for more than a decade, why is it just now a problem?

Also, with today's software it is very easy to see what someone is doing whether they are at home or in the office.
Depends on whose monitoring the workers and their software. If it's a Democrat administration, then the worker probably has a super low threshold to meet... You know, well I mean you just can't hurt the feelings of a woke government workforce by making them work to achieve what taxpayer's might expect from them in production and achievements ya know, and they all probably had safe spaces built in their homes per government expense, you know just in case they get stressed out or something and need a place to reflect. Gotta have that government car for running them government errands and such, along with free gas and all that sort of thing. Probably scare us what's truly going on.

Depends on whose monitoring the workers and their software. If it's a Democrat administration, then the worker probably has a super low threshold to meet... You know, well I mean you just can't hurt the feelings of a woke government workforce by making them work to achieve what taxpayer's might expect from them in production and achievements ya know, and they all probably had safe spaces built in their homes per government expense, you know just in case they get stressed out or something and need a place to reflect. Gotta have that government car for running them government errands and such, along with free gas and all that sort of thing. Probably scare us what's truly going on.

It is just funny as hell that you think anything changes for the average federal employee based upon who is sitting in the White House.

You are honestly clueless as they come in this area

It is just funny as hell that you think anything changes for the average federal employee based upon who is sitting in the White House.

You are honestly clueless as they come in this area
And you are clueless if you think that administrations don't matter when it comes to changing government in ways that affect all in government, so go sell your snake oil to someone else.

And you are clueless if you think that administrations don't matter when it comes to changing government in ways that affect all in government, so go sell your snake oil to someone else.

They don't. Very little changes from admin to admin.

What did Trump change from the Obama years?

Did he take way telework...no

Did he pay them less...no

Did he take away benefits...no

Hell, even during my 20 years in the Marine Corps very little changed from one admin to the next, and the POTUS has more control over that than most anything else.

They don't. Very little changes from admin to admin.

What did Trump change from the Obama years?

Did he take way telework...no

Did he pay them less...no

Did he take away benefits...no

Hell, even during my 20 years in the Marine Corps very little changed from one admin to the next, and the POTUS has more control over that than most anything else.
Cherry picking your administrations is noted, but we are living in more perilous time's now, otherwise where the winds of change are getting stronger and stronger, and the weaponization is getting worse and worse by those wanting extreme change to happen.

In these time's, all things must be considered possible target's and usages by administration's that want total compliance at all cost. If this work from home can hide thing's in ways that make our government more exclusive instead of more inclusive and transparent, then it has to be dealt with.

Forum List

Back