How Many Americans Have to Die for there to be a Crisis?

How many Americans have to die from a single cause for that to be considered a crisis?

• More than a thousand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than died on 9-11

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nothing has changed for decades........and it has been a crisis for decades...........the new loop holes exposed and encouraged by the Dems in the past have caused unaccompanied children numbers coming to America to explode...............because after 20 days they are sent to family or relatives in the country and they are in..............Now they are flooding the border with families as the courts have done the same to ICE.........You can't separate them at the border.......with the back log of the courts at about 2 years..........the Immigration courts are overwelmed.......and the system is now forced to release the families from JUDICIAL ACTIVISM..............primarily the 9th Circuit Court of Liberal Hacks...................and Politicians who OPENLY SPIT ON THE LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY.

The immigrants are flooding the border now through LEGAL ENTRY PORTS OF ENTRY..........trying to get in via Catch and Release again. Another Caravan of the flood approaches now with about 15000 in it...............And Congress and the Senate refuse to do a damned thing about the loop holes.

It hasn’t been a crisis when apprehensions were well over a million per year; so it isn’t now
It was a crisis then and a crisis now...........Funny how in 2006 the same assholes against a border wall were all for it then.............FOR VOTES...........They sounded just like TRUMP........

A Caravan of 15000 is coming now trying to take advantage of the loop holes.............and over 70,000 a year are dying to Opiods most of which come from the border.......especially heroin...................
Yes, the vast majority of heroin in this country is coming from Mexico and it is coming through CUSTOMS.
Which is why part of the money is for increased scanner capabilities..............In the Rio Grand area they catching the hell out of drugs there......NOT through legal points of entry.

If you refer to the other means of shipping........well..........that is another story........the task is so big no one knows how to deal with it without destroying the supply of goods and services here. Only High Tech Scanners could do that.............
More than two thirds goes through legal customs, and you would prefer to spend billions on a wall that will only stem a fraction of it because it's hard to stop the rest? Of course, the real answer to the drug crisis is to stop it at the source--the addicts. But that takes time and effort, as well as money, and people are too short sighted for that. They're much more happy seeing a wall that will do close to nothing to stop the drugs.
Citation from legitimate source......please.
CBP Enforcement Statistics FY2018 | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Its supposedly a national emergency this year.

It wasn't a national emergency last year.

What changed in the last 2-3 months?
Trump ran on this national emergency three years ago.
You’re such a phony.

Strange how he didn't declare a national emergency in Year 1....and hasn't thus far in Year 2. Some "emergency" right? NOT!!!!
/—-/ Neither has Trump, you stooge.

Yet.
/—-/ Is that all you have? Yet? Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha
Your laugh is retarded.

It hasn’t been a crisis when apprehensions were well over a million per year; so it isn’t now
It was a crisis then and a crisis now...........Funny how in 2006 the same assholes against a border wall were all for it then.............FOR VOTES...........They sounded just like TRUMP........

A Caravan of 15000 is coming now trying to take advantage of the loop holes.............and over 70,000 a year are dying to Opiods most of which come from the border.......especially heroin...................

Opioids come from the border?
Drugs come across the border yes........and the cheap heroin is a substitute for the Doctor Prescribed type...................The CBP catches a lot of dang drugs........as does the DEA every year..........both are problems......

One of which you are making excuses not to fix.

The “cheap heroin is a substitute for the Doctor Prescribed type”. You have a doctor that prescribes heroin?

Dude; you’re full of shit.
That is a troll post and then you apply to me that I do drugs...........I'm about to put your trolling ass back on ignore. Drugs flow across the border and I want it stopped. That IS MY POSITION........If you don't agree.......then I really don't care.

Part of stopping that is making it harder to get here and force them through the legal POE's...........doesn't mean they will not find ways across......it makes it harder........that is the point of it.

If the military is assigned to do it.........I GUARANTEE it will get done and cheaper than going through contractors.

Dude..you said that doctors prescribe heroin. I’m not implying you do heroin…I’m pointing out the idiocy of your post. It’s almost as dumb as thinking Opioids are coming across the border….well probably more idiotic but it’s a close race between the two baseless allegations.

The truth is a) doctors don’t prescribe heroin of course and b) most people have a drug plan that will allow them to get Opioids for something like $5. That is your opioid crisis right there.

Drugs will continue to come in via auto, plane, boat, etc… Someone doesn’t carry a bale of hash over the border with them.

Yes, the vast majority of heroin in this country is coming from Mexico and it is coming through CUSTOMS.
Which is why part of the money is for increased scanner capabilities..............In the Rio Grand area they catching the hell out of drugs there......NOT through legal points of entry.

If you refer to the other means of shipping........well..........that is another story........the task is so big no one knows how to deal with it without destroying the supply of goods and services here. Only High Tech Scanners could do that.............
More than two thirds goes through legal customs, and you would prefer to spend billions on a wall that will only stem a fraction of it because it's hard to stop the rest? Of course, the real answer to the drug crisis is to stop it at the source--the addicts. But that takes time and effort, as well as money, and people are too short sighted for that. They're much more happy seeing a wall that will do close to nothing to stop the drugs.
Citation from legitimate source......please.
CBP Enforcement Statistics FY2018 | U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Doesn't your link say what I said? Only much more than two thirds, from what I can make of the numbers.
I do appreciate the link, though.

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2018-07/hq062716_attach.pdf

(U) The heroin threat is particularly high in the Northeast and Midwest areas of the United States. According to the 2016 National Drug Threat Surveya (NDTS), 45 percent of respondents reported heroin was the greatest drug threat in their area; more than for any other drug. Since 2007, the percentage of NDTS respondents
reporting heroin as the greatest threat has steadily grown, from 8 percent in 2007 to 45 percent in 2016. (See Chart 2.) The OCDETF regions with the largest number of respondents ranking heroin as the greatest drug threat were the Mid-Atlantic, Great Lakes, New England, and New York/New Jersey.

(U) Heroin availability is increasing in areas throughout the nation. Availability levels are highest in the Northeast and in areas of the Midwest, according to law enforcement reporting.1 Seizure data indicates a sizeable increase in heroin availability in the United States. According to National Seizure Systemd (NSS) data, heroin seizures in the United States increased 80 percent over five years, from 3,733 kilograms in 2011 to 6,722 kilograms in 2015. (See Chart 4.) Traffickers are also transporting heroin in larger amounts. Law enforcement officials in cities across the country report seizing larger than usual quantities of heroin over the past two years.2

(U) Mexican traffickers are expanding their operations to gain a larger share of eastern U.S. heroin markets. The heroin market in the United States has been historically divided along the Mississippi River, with western markets using Mexican black tar and brown powder heroin, and eastern markets using white powder (previously Southeast and Southwest Asian, but between1997 and 2010 almost exclusively South American) heroin. Heroin use in the United States is much more prevalent in the Northeast and Midwest areas, where white powder heroin is used. The largest, most lucrative heroin markets in the United States are the white powder markets in major eastern cities: Baltimore, Boston and its surrounding cities, Chicago, New York City and the surrounding metropolitan areas, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., and these are the markets where Mexican traffickers are gaining a larger share. Mexican organizations are now the most prominent wholesale-level heroin traffickers in the DEA Chicago, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Washington FD Areas of Responsibility (AORs), and have greatly expanded their presence in the New York City area.3 Submissions of Mexican heroin to the DEA Heroin Signature Program (HSP) have accounted for a steadily increasing percentage of the total weight seized and analyzed since 2003. In 2014, Mexican heroin accounted for 79 percent of the total weight of heroin analyzed under the HSP.

Drugs come across the border yes........and the cheap heroin is a substitute for the Doctor Prescribed type...................The CBP catches a lot of dang drugs........as does the DEA every year..........both are problems......

The “cheap heroin is a substitute for the Doctor Prescribed type”. You have a doctor that prescribes heroin?

That is a troll post and then you apply to me that I do drugs...........I'm about to put your trolling ass back on ignore. Drugs flow across the border and I want it stopped. That IS MY POSITION........If you don't agree.......then I really don't care.

Part of stopping that is making it harder to get here and force them through the legal POE's...........doesn't mean they will not find ways across......it makes it harder........that is the point of it.

If the military is assigned to do it.........I GUARANTEE it will get done and cheaper than going through contractors.

Dude..you said that doctors prescribe heroin. I’m not implying you do heroin…I’m pointing out the idiocy of your post. It’s almost as dumb as thinking Opioids are coming across the border….well probably more idiotic but it’s a close race between the two baseless allegations.

The truth is a) doctors don’t prescribe heroin of course and b) most people have a drug plan that will allow them to get Opioids for something like $5. That is your opioid crisis right there.

Drugs will continue to come in via auto, plane, boat, etc… Someone doesn’t carry a bale of hash over the border with them.
I just posted the DEA stats and Heroin as I said is the largest problem. and most of it comes from South of the border.

Doctors prescribed type..............you know what I meant and are spinning it............that area is prescribed pain medicine........Heroin is a cheap substitute when they can't get the drugs from doctors.......

I didn't SAY DOCTORS PRESCRIBE HEROIN...........Your closer to that dang iggy button again.

Doctors prescribed type..............you know what I meant and are spinning it............that area is prescribed pain medicine........Heroin is a cheap substitute when they can't get the drugs from doctors.......

I didn't SAY DOCTORS PRESCRIBE HEROIN...........Your closer to that dang iggy button again.

giphy.gif

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/docs/DIR-040-17_2017-NDTA.pdf

Mexican TCOs maintain the greatest drug trafficking influence in the United States, with continued signs of growth and expansion (see Figure 2). By controlling lucrative smuggling corridors, primarily across the SWB, Mexican TCOs export significant quantities of heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, marijuana, and possibly fentanyl into the United States annually. Once these illicit drugs are smuggled into the U.S., they are delivered to user markets in the United States through transportation routes and distribution cells that are managed or influenced by Mexican TCOs

That is the 2017 DEA report...........Now for those with proof against what the CBP and DEA are saying..........I'll be waiting for that.

CNN saying it's not so isn't data BTW.

giphy.gif
You are a waste of my time. bye bye again.

Air Force Magazine

Record Time

“They built this thing [at al Udeid] in record time,” noted Maj. Gen. Earnest O. Robbins II, the Air Force civil engineer, at the Pentagon. “Outside contractors estimated it would take months.”

The project called for pouring more than 1,000 cubic yards of concrete every 24 hours. A typical work day saw movement of up to 350 trucks on and off the site.

“They actually had to build up this entire area by about three and a half feet,” said Robbins. “It was a rather incredible construction project.”

Besides the ramp, RED HORSE members built at the same base some 124,000 square feet of covered maintenance space and a new fire station, warehouse, four hangars, and a squadron operations facility. They laid 10,000 feet of conduit and built water-handling facilities for both fire-fighting and personnel consumption.

RED HORSE units are the civil engineering SWAT teams of the Air Force. They are 404-person units whose mission is to move quickly to support special operations or contingency deployments worldwide.

They are trained to operate in high-threat environments with little or no contractor support, and they are so self-contained that they can deploy with their own weapons, equipment, and even food service and medical support if need be.

Their specialty is what Air Force officials have called “horizontal capability”—runway and ramp construction, maintenance, and repair. However, they are meant to be extraordinarily flexible, and they can do virtually all civil engineering tasks, from damage assessment to the erection of buildings on previously bare bases.

Some units possess special capabilities. These range from well-drilling to explosive demolition and quarry operations. In Fiscal 2003, plans even call for the addition of airdrop capability to some squadrons, allowing them to deliver light equipment and personnel by airdrop or other air transport means.

Current doctrine organizes the squadrons into four deployment echelons. The first has 16 persons who are capable of assessment and site preparation and ready to move within 16 hours of notification. The second—with 148 people—can be ready to deploy within 96 hours and adds heavy bomb damage repair and light base development to the capabilities mix. The third element—with 120 personnel—moves six days after notification, and the fourth—with another 120 personnel—moves two days later and brings a RED HORSE unit to full strength.

Four of the Air Force’s seven RED HORSE squadrons are active duty. The remainder are provided by the Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve Command. The latter are split units, with the two halves being located at different bases and serving under different commanders. For example, the 200th RED HORSE, Port Clinton, Ohio, combines with the 201st RED HORSE, Fort Indiantown Gap, Pa., to form a full unit.

If the military starts building the wall........if Trump wins in SCOTUS.............the left will REGRET NOT PAYING THE FUNDS........I GUARANTEE IT.

85739490.jpg

Coming to a Southern Border near you..............The Democrats better not lose this one in the Supreme Court.........

c462230a6f80b5e6cba2aeac23193a11--memes-fun-stuff.jpg

85739490.jpg

Coming to a Southern Border near you..............The Democrats better not lose this one in the Supreme Court.........

Um...this one is so Unconstitutional that even I can see it.
Time to find out...............That is Afghanistan BTW...........building like crazy...........my point is.......if the Dems lose in the Supreme Court.......the Border Wall, Fence, Barrier........whatever you want to call it..........WILL GET BUILT.........They don't play.......

https://fronterasdesk.org/sites/default/files/field/docs/2016/07/Bernstein- The Trump Wall.pdf

Based on Trump's statements about the dimensions of the Wall, and our own assumptions, we have estimated the quantities of concrete (and cement) required to complete construction. Based on our research, our base case for the Wall is a length of 1000 miles, at 40ft high (with an additional 7ft below ground, sufficient to deter rudimentary tunnelling) and a thickness of 10 inches. We also assume that a 5ft wide and 1ft deep concrete strip foundation is required along the entire length. Based on these parameters, The Trump Wall would require a total of 7.1 million m3 of concrete at a cost of over $700m at current prices. Assuming a standard cement content, this volume of concrete would require around 2.4 million tonnes of cement at a cost of around $240m. Concrete costs would therefore account for about 5% of a total project cost of $15bn, which includes 2% of total cost for cement. Since there is some disagreement about the necessary height of the wall, we present a sensitivity of our calculation at various heights in Exhibit 6.

If the wall was 30 feet high and out of concrete..........this older estimate of the Concrete cost alone would be 586 Million for the concrete......doesn't count the rebar, forms and labor required...........but that is a estimate of the volume of concrete to build the wall across the Southern Border.

So the Military would need 14.1 million tonnes of concrete for a concrete wall..........Labor is free.........rebar would have to be figures and concrete forms.

Note.........this article is against the wall..............but did some good calculations on the materials needed..............

85739490.jpg

Time to find out...............That is Afghanistan BTW...........building like crazy...........my point is.......if the Dems lose in the Supreme Court.......the Border Wall, Fence, Barrier........whatever you want to call it..........WILL GET BUILT.........They don't play.......
Don’t worry

We will tear it down once Trump leaves

https://fronterasdesk.org/sites/default/files/field/docs/2016/07/Bernstein- The Trump Wall.pdf

Based on Trump's statements about the dimensions of the Wall, and our own assumptions, we have estimated the quantities of concrete (and cement) required to complete construction. Based on our research, our base case for the Wall is a length of 1000 miles, at 40ft high (with an additional 7ft below ground, sufficient to deter rudimentary tunnelling) and a thickness of 10 inches. We also assume that a 5ft wide and 1ft deep concrete strip foundation is required along the entire length. Based on these parameters, The Trump Wall would require a total of 7.1 million m3 of concrete at a cost of over $700m at current prices. Assuming a standard cement content, this volume of concrete would require around 2.4 million tonnes of cement at a cost of around $240m. Concrete costs would therefore account for about 5% of a total project cost of $15bn, which includes 2% of total cost for cement. Since there is some disagreement about the necessary height of the wall, we present a sensitivity of our calculation at various heights in Exhibit 6.

If the wall was 30 feet high and out of concrete..........this older estimate of the Concrete cost alone would be 586 Million for the concrete......doesn't count the rebar, forms and labor required...........but that is a estimate of the volume of concrete to build the wall across the Southern Border.

So the Military would need 14.1 million tonnes of concrete for a concrete wall..........Labor is free.........rebar would have to be figures and concrete forms.

Note.........this article is against the wall..............but did some good calculations on the materials needed..............
Eagle, the border patrol wants/needs a steel slat fence they can see through. It is also much more cost effective, and you can't climb over it any easier than you could a concrete one. There is not going to be a concrete wall. You have dreams only here.

The US-Mexico border wall’s dangerous, costly side-effect: enormous floods

Last year some repairs were made regarding this problem. The Levee Walls.......Because of the flooding problem...........ignored by those who built the Fence in 2006. Finally enough money was allocated to attempt to FIX THE OLD PROBLEM................The old walls actually made the problem worse according to this article.............and the Corp of Engineers came up with the levee wall system to try and prevent the flooding of cities...........

This is WHAT the Pelosi and Schumer Fence people brought us...............They were ALL FOR IT.......but not funds to fix it............Sorry Nogales..........we fucked you and refuse to pay to fix it..........LOL

85739490.jpg

Don’t worry

I'm sure you will try.............You are at least an Honest ONE LINER TROLL.......what I appreciate about you. LOL

85739490.jpg

Don’t worry

Don't be stupid rightwinger. It will stop a portion of the illegals. At least until they find another way. At least it will be a little more difficult, and that alone may stop folks from trying. It's not going to take much of a bite out of the drug traffic problem and it won't stop the majority of illegals here, who are overstaying Visas, but a wall, efficiently placed where it will do the most good, is not going to be a negative. It will place a bigger barrier for about 30-40% of those entering illegally.

Forum List

Back