How LWIR warms the atmosphere

Can you explain on a molecular level how matter does what you claim it does regarding heat transfer? Do you have any answer besides the "fucking magic we'll never understand" bullshit you've given us in the past? And could you explain why we should accept an explanation with such bullshit requirements when the same result is obtained when one accepts the far simpler and completely understood tenet that all matter radiates all the time in all directions?

Feeling stung again skid mark? Can't provide an area for the atmosphere when the S-B law clearly requires the area of the emitter? Didn't know that? Didn't care?

I am not the one who is trying to apply a physical law that requires knowledge of the area of the radiator to a gas...Alas, it is you who is shoveling bullshit trying to fool people...I am asking for explanations which you can't provide...

W=sigmaT^4. No area term. Fool. All matter radiates per its temperature and NOTHING ELSE.

Let me repeat. All matter - ALL matter - radiates EM energy in all directions in a spectrum determined by its own temperature. The contention running around this forum sourced from poster SSDD, that matter does NOT radiate towards warmer matter is absolute nonsense. Obviously, warm matter radiates more energy than cool matter and thus the net exchange between the two goes from warm to cool, but the cool does NOT stop radiating. The idea is patently insane.

W=sigmaT^4. No area term. Fool. All matter radiates per its temperature and NOTHING ELSE.

If that radiatior happens to be a perfect black body sitting perfectly alone in a perfect vacuum...it it isn't then other forms of the S-B law are used which require area.....and you claim to be an engineer...what a chuckle..

Let me repeat. All matter - ALL matter - radiates EM energy in all directions in a spectrum determined by its own temperature. The contention running around this forum sourced from poster SSDD, that matter does NOT radiate towards warmer matter is absolute nonsense. Obviously, warm matter radiates more energy than cool matter and thus the net exchange between the two goes from warm to cool, but the cool does NOT stop radiating. The idea is patently insane.

Got any actual observed, measured evidence of spontaneous two way energy exchange between objects of different temperatrues? Didn't think so. So you are voicing a belief based on an unobservable, unmeasurable, untestable mathematical model...and to top it off, you are using the formula for a perfect black body sitting perfectly alone in a perfect vaccum to describe conditions that are far from that...

Show us some empirical evidence of matter, under ANY circumstances, ceasing to radiate.

The fact that you can't measure two way energy flow between objects at different temperatures or even between objects at the same temperarure, but you can measure energy movment between an object that is warm and an object that is cool should clue you in..but it doesn't...What does that tell you about your ability to think critically?

You accept unobservable, unmeasurable, untestable models over reality...

The fact that your contention requires nonsensical magic tells us all something about YOUR critical thinking skills

The fact that your contention requires nonsensical magic tells us all something about YOUR critical thinking skills

Very odd that you believe matter must be intelligent, or magic in order to obey the laws of physics...did you learn that at Hogwarts?

And I note that you have no explanation for why it is impossible to measure energy moving spontaneously from a cool object to a warm object...or between two objects of the same temperature..

I first learned that idea when you attempted to tell us that matter does not radiate towards warmer matter. That is NOT a law of physics. Two very basic and very fundamental LAWS, by Planck and Stefan and Boltzmann tell us that all matter radiates ALL the time dependent ONLY on its own temperature. YOUR claims violate basic, fundamental physical LAWS. As such, they are complete and total bullshit. That is what I believe.

Very odd that you believe matter must be intelligent, or magic in order to obey the laws of physics...did you learn that at Hogwarts?

And I note that you have no explanation for why it is impossible to measure energy moving spontaneously from a cool object to a warm object...or between two objects of the same temperature..

For an arbitrary body emitting and absorbing thermal radiation in thermodynamic equilibrium, the emissivity is equal to the absorptivity.

Kirchhoff's law of thermal radiation - Wikipedia

That's weird, according to Kirchoff, at thermodynamic equilibrium, a body is emitting and absorbing.

You have a Kirchoff reference that backs your viewpoint?

I first learned that idea when you attempted to tell us that matter does not radiate towards warmer matter. That is NOT a law of physics. Two very basic and very fundamental LAWS, by Planck and Stefan and Boltzmann tell us that all matter radiates ALL the time dependent ONLY on its own temperature. YOUR claims violate basic, fundamental physical LAWS. As such, they are complete and total bullshit. That is what I believe.

Second Law of Thermodynamics: It is not possible for heat to flow from a colder body to a warmer body without any work having been done to accomplish this flow. Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object.

Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object...second law of thermodynamics...The second law of thermodynamics is THE law of physics...the number one most important of them all..and it states quite clearly that energy doesn't move spontaneously from cool to warm...

Both Planck and S-B laws also express energy in terms of gross one way energy movement...neither have a two way equation, or an equation from which you might derive net.

You are operating under misinformation provided to you by unobservable, unmeasurable, untestable mathematical models...sorry.

Another they thread started by an alarmist that started out real slow and will soon fizzle out altogether and be buried 10 pages deep in a couple of months. It's like progressive radio.....ePiC exercise in fAiL.

Another they thread started by an alarmist that started out real slow and will soon fizzle out altogether and be buried 10 pages deep in a couple of months. It's like progressive radio.....ePiC exercise in fAiL.

It's crazy...the infrared heating industry has proved pretty convincingly that long wave infrared simply does not warm the air...it has been known for a very long time..there is a wealth of observation, and experimental evidence that prove it...and yet, they believe that it does, because they are told that the must believe...they are idiots...one and all.

It's crazy...the infrared heating industry has proved pretty convincingly that long wave infrared simply does not warm the air
You're back to this again, after earlier admitting IR warms the greenhouse gas components of air, while the majority of air is transparent to IR. If gases absorb IR they must be warmed.

Here is a link to the empirical evidence greenhouse gases absorb IR

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/235210289_Infrared_Absorption_by_CH4_H2O_and_CO2

You're back to this again, after earlier admitting IR warms the greenhouse gas components of air,

So you are a liar also...not surprising...IR does not warm air...nor does it warm so called greenhouse gasses with the exception of water vapor...

while the majority of air is transparent to IR. If gases absorb IR they must be warmed.

Flawed assumption...but feel free to show some observed, measured evidence that supports the claim that absorption and emission equals warming.

whileHere is a link to the empirical evidence greenhouse gases absorb IR

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/235210289_Infrared_Absorption_by_CH4_H2O_and_CO2

Guess you are easily fooled...nothing there establishes a coherent link between the absorption of IR by a gas and warming in the atmosphere...absorption and emission don't equal warming...and the time between collisions of so called greenhouse gas molecules and N2 or O2, or some other component of "air" is so small, generally speaking, the so called greenhouse gas molecule loses its absorbed energy via collision before it even has time to emit said radiation...

Still waiting for you to tell me how many predictive failures a hypothesis gets in real science before it is scrapped and work begins on a hypothesis that can more accurately reflect reality. Any idea?

Guess you are easily fooled...nothing there establishes a coherent link between the absorption of IR by a gas and warming in the atmosphere
You are denying IR warms air. This research shows greenhouse gases in the air absorb IR.
If a gas absorbs energy it must warm. A gas cannot absorb energy and cool thereby, nor can it absorb energy and remain at its previous temperature.

Of course a denier may be led to data but one cannot make it think.

So you are a liar also...not surprising...IR does not warm air...nor does it warm so called greenhouse gasses with the exception of water vapor...
I love it. Even when a link to the research is posted. Oh well, Same Shit, Different Delusion, fair enough.

[You are denying IR warms air.

I am telling you that the infrared heating industry has about a million hours of development, testing, experiment, and observation of commercial and residential heating units that demonstrate that IR does not and can not warm the air.

whileThis research shows greenhouse gases in the air absorb IR.

Sorry...that research just shows that so called greenhouse gasses absorb and emit radiation..it does not demonstrate in any way that absorption and emission equals warming.

whileIf a gas absorbs energy it must warm.

Sorry...it doesn't...a single molecule does not have a temperature..it has a transient amount of energy...gained and lost...it does not warm.

whileA gas cannot absorb energy and cool thereby, nor can it absorb energy and remain at its previous temperature.

Sorry guy...you are simply wrong...but do feel free to provide some observed, measured evidence that supports the claim..what you provided thus far is only evidence that you are easily fooled.

whileOf course a denier may be led to data but one cannot make it think.

At least you acknowledge that it is just data and not evidence of anything...so many of you believe that if you have some data and hang an assumption on it, that it becomes evidence...

I love it. Even when a link to the research is posted. Oh well, Same Shit, Different Delusion, fair enough.

Of course it is research..but it doesn't demonstrate what you wish that it did...there is nothing there demonstrating that absorption and emission equals warming..but if you think there is, by all means cut it out and paste it here.

I predict that you won't be cutting anything out and bringing it here...because there is nothing there supporting your beliefs.

Forum List

Back