How long would the rich remain rich without the poor?

The implication of the Opening Post is that the rich guy couldn't survive without his gardener, which is one of the funniest posts to come down the pike in a long time. :lol:

What would he do with his garden without his gardener?

What would the gardener do without a job?

Starve.

Which is worse, a rich guy without a gardener or a gardener without a job?

Hmmmm...

You rich Folks? God you are an idiot, I am not even close to Rich, I am not even Middle Class. You are a fool.

Ahh - my bad.

So if you disappeared you think the wealthy would have time to add their own sun rooms?

Both Groups need Each other.

Its reasonable statements like those that set you apart from most of the right wing wackos here.

What I am telling you is with out that Rich Man wanting a Sun room, and not wanting to Build it himself, I would be out of a Job.

Rich folks don't have time to build their own sun rooms - he wouldn't have time to become rich if folks like you didn't exist.

Imagine a rich guy.

Okay. I am imagining Steve Jobs.

He makes a ton of money selling iPods.

Well, there goes half his buyers!

The wife and kids can handle all that.

In short - do a lot of the things that ordinary people have to do on their own - except he has to do it much more because he's got a much bigger house - leaving less
time for him to do the job that makes him wealthy. In fact - with a home 5-10 X bigger than most Americans, its doubtful he'll have any time left over for work at all.

So what happens? Does his sacrifice time at work? Does his downsize his mansion to a more manageable living area? Or does he just let everything go to shit?

Any ideas?

Wife and kids.

Ahh, so we'll take the kids out of school and put them to work keeping the mansion yards nicely kept. And the wives of the uber-rich I'm such can't wait to cook and clean all day long.

Good plan. Interesting though that you think having a bunch of kids is the key to economic success. The poor have been trying that for years to no avail!

Are there no workhouses?

Ahh - my bad.

So if you disappeared you think the wealthy would have time to add their own sun rooms?

Its reasonable statements like those that set you apart from most of the right wing wackos here.

What I am telling you is with out that Rich Man wanting a Sun room, and not wanting to Build it himself, I would be out of a Job.

Rich folks don't have time to build their own sun rooms - he wouldn't have time to become rich if folks like you didn't exist.

Perhaps that is because I am not a Right Wing Wacko :)

Perhaps that is because I am not a Right Wing Wacko :)

You aint a lefty by far

Well hey, lets just get rid of the poor, then you rich folks can make money off of each other. We'll worry about whose going to cut the fucking grass later.

The people who cut my grass is my landscaper who lives nextdoor. Beautiful home with a thriving business. Covered. Check!

And he does all the grass cutting himself I suppose, without hiring out to any ordinary folk.

Impressive he's able to get wealthy like that.

He does the cutting and has a team of other guys working on the other things. They too, can get the education and work themselves up the way he did and provide competition for him some day!

Imagine a rich guy.

He owns a mansion on a huge plot.

Everyday he wakes up, goes to work, works 15 hours, comes home, eats, goes to sleep. He works very hard. Makes a ton of money.

One day all the poor and lower middle class disappear.

All of a sudden our rich man has to
...clean his own house
...cut his own grass
...cook his own food
...change his own oil
...replace his own alternator
...repair his own broken window
...shovel his own snow
...iron his own clothes
...wash his own laundry

In short - do a lot of the things that ordinary people have to do on their own - except he has to do it much more because he's got a much bigger house - leaving less
time for him to do the job that makes him wealthy. In fact - with a home 5-10 X bigger than most Americans, its doubtful he'll have any time left over for work at all.

So what happens? Does his sacrifice time at work? Does his downsize his mansion to a more manageable living area? Or does he just let everything go to shit?

Any ideas?

Why do rich people need the poor to stay rich?
I don't understand the question.

You rich Folks? God you are an idiot, I am not even close to Rich, I am not even Middle Class. You are a fool.

Ahh - my bad.

Both Groups need Each other. What I am telling you is with out that Rich Man wanting a Sun room, and not wanting to Build it himself, I would be out of a Job.

The need is not 50/50. The gardener needs the rich man a hell of a lot more than the rich guy needs the gardener.

Not even the collective needs of multiple employees who are dependent on a single employer for their survival are equal to how much that single employer needs them. He does not need them for his survival as is implied in the OP.

Last edited:
Both Groups need Each other. What I am telling you is with out that Rich Man wanting a Sun room, and not wanting to Build it himself, I would be out of a Job.

The middle-class don't need the rich. Middle-class people living in homes that someone built and many of them add sun rooms. So, construction people will still have jobs.

No doubt, you are pleased with rich people paying you lots of money for sun rooms. But, you're a fool if you doubt their wealth comes off of your back, and the backs of your neighbors.

If your question is who will do stuff for the rich besides the poor.
My answer will be they will have to pay a bit more for the next
level of people...the not so poor to do stuff...

Like I said they might have to pay more but the rich will remain rich
and they will always find someone not as rich to work for them....

I don't think this thread was well thought out.

The people who cut my grass is my landscaper who lives nextdoor. Beautiful home with a thriving business. Covered. Check!

And he does all the grass cutting himself I suppose, without hiring out to any ordinary folk.

Impressive he's able to get wealthy like that.

He does the cutting and has a team of other guys working on the other things. They too, can get the education and work themselves up the way he did and provide competition for him some day!

And if all the poor worked their way up the ladder - who would be left for your neighbor to hire?

Imagine a rich guy.

He owns a mansion on a huge plot.

Everyday he wakes up, goes to work, works 15 hours, comes home, eats, goes to sleep. He works very hard. Makes a ton of money.

One day all the poor and lower middle class disappear.

All of a sudden our rich man has to
...clean his own house
...cut his own grass
...cook his own food
...change his own oil
...replace his own alternator
...repair his own broken window
...shovel his own snow
...iron his own clothes
...wash his own laundry

Any ideas?

Why do rich people need the poor to stay rich?
I don't understand the question.

Because they don't have the time to do all the shit I listed spicoli. Pay attention.

You keep taxing the people who use these people, they will get their own family to do these jobs, leaving the "poor middle class" without their "employers."

If your question is who will do stuff for the rich besides the poor.
My answer will be they will have to pay a bit more for the next
level of people...the not so poor to do stuff...

Like I said they might have to pay more but the rich will remain rich
and they will always find someone not as rich to work for them....

I don't think this thread was well thought out.

So they'll just pay other rich people to cut their grass.

Got it.

Back when I was in college most people who smoked pot also sold it. Its pretty easy to see how it is then that most people who sold pot weren't able to make any money off it. The wealthy think the world would go on functioning if all that existed was them pushing and rearranging pieces of paper.

Rich guys don't work 15 hr days.
They spend the day screwing around,come home have a cocktail,check the stock market
have another cocktail,have dinner,have an after dinner drink,go upstairs and bang Muffy the
Prom Queen,go out to the club to brag to the other members that he banged Muffy the Prom queen...

And he doesn't give two shits about the poor and how they are keeping him rich...

You said somewhere here you went to college?

Forum List

Back