How long would the rich remain rich without the poor?

Imagine a rich guy.

He owns a mansion on a huge plot.

Everyday he wakes up, goes to work, works 15 hours, comes home, eats, goes to sleep. He works very hard. Makes a ton of money.

One day all the poor and lower middle class disappear.

All of a sudden our rich man has to
...clean his own house
...cut his own grass
...cook his own food
...change his own oil
...replace his own alternator
...repair his own broken window
...shovel his own snow
...iron his own clothes
...wash his own laundry

In short - do a lot of the things that ordinary people have to do on their own - except he has to do it much more because he's got a much bigger house - leaving less
time for him to do the job that makes him wealthy. In fact - with a home 5-10 X bigger than most Americans, its doubtful he'll have any time left over for work at all.

So what happens? Does his sacrifice time at work? Does his downsize his mansion to a more manageable living area? Or does he just let everything go to shit?

Any ideas?

Depending on what is job was, with all the poor and lower middle classes gone.
He may have a lot of spare time. So the 15 hours of work may not be necessary anymore.

Oh, right, if the poor and middle class disappeared, I guess the wealthy would just sit around and do nothing while magical fairies plowed the fields.

There is always the middle middle class and the upper middle class that would be willing to work to feed their families no matter what the job is.

who do the poor people do paying jobs for if the rich arent there to pay it? you are trying hard to be a narrow minded solider, its pathetic to watch.

Low skilled workers at best do jobs that are laid out for them. If they were not there to be led, they might get along, but they would starve.

I say lets drop the class envy and the race baiting and start talking about how to get this economy going and the mistakes made in the last 6 or more years that got us where we are today. I will no longer contribute to this post, because it was posted to be a distraction from the real issues.

care_room.jpg

How long would the poor last if the middle class and the rich where not paying for there rent,food,cars,cell phones and internet?

Anyone of those people can start their own business, ie, lawn care and landscaping, car repair. laundry and be successful. Oh, capitalism. Isn't it great?

That, of course, would require work.

No, it magically happens due to teachers and roads, just ask the president.

Imagine a rich guy.

Okay. I am imagining Steve Jobs.

Everyday he wakes up, goes to work, works 15 hours, comes home, eats, goes to sleep. He works very hard. Makes a ton of money.

He makes a ton of money selling iPods.

Well, there goes half his buyers!

...clean his own house
...cut his own grass
...cook his own food
...change his own oil
...shovel his own snow
...iron his own clothes
...wash his own laundry

The wife and kids can handle all that.

In short - do a lot of the things that ordinary people have to do on their own - except he has to do it much more because he's got a much bigger house - leaving less
time for him to do the job that makes him wealthy. In fact - with a home 5-10 X bigger than most Americans, its doubtful he'll have any time left over for work at all.

So what happens? Does his sacrifice time at work? Does his downsize his mansion to a more manageable living area? Or does he just let everything go to shit?

Any ideas?

Wife and kids.

Imagine a rich guy.

...clean his own house
...cut his own grass
...cook his own food
...change his own oil
...shovel his own snow
...iron his own clothes
...wash his own laundry

Any ideas?

who do the poor people do paying jobs for if the rich arent there to pay it? you are trying hard to be a narrow minded solider, its pathetic to watch.

As someone who works in Marketing of Home Improvements, I absolutely Rely on the Rich, and Upper Middle Class. It's not the Poor Putting 75,000 Dollar Deco Metal Roofs, and 40,000 Dollar sun rooms on their homes and paying my bills.

And before you go off half cocked we do, do work for the "Poor" they are just much more likely to either not do it, do it themselves, or Hire an Unlicensed Uninsured Hack to do it instead of a Real Company with Real Over head.

Imagine a rich guy.

...clean his own house
...cut his own grass
...cook his own food
...change his own oil
...shovel his own snow
...iron his own clothes
...wash his own laundry

Any ideas?

How long would the US government be able to Provide Social Benefits to the Poor with out the Rich paying 80% of all Federal Taxes?

That doesn't answer my question.

Imagine a rich guy.

...clean his own house
...cut his own grass
...cook his own food
...change his own oil
...shovel his own snow
...iron his own clothes
...wash his own laundry

Any ideas?

As someone who works in Marketing of Home Improvements, I absolutely Rely on the Rich, and Upper Middle Class. It's not the Poor Putting 75,000 Dollar Deco Metal Roofs, and 40,000 Dollar sun rooms on their homes and paying my bills.

And before you go off half cocked we do, do work for the "Poor" they are just much more likely to either not do it, do it themselves, or Hire an Unlicensed Uninsured Hack to do it instead of a Real Company with Real Over head.
Well hey, lets just get rid of the poor, then you rich folks can make money off of each other. We'll worry about whose going to cut the fucking grass later.

Well hey, lets just get rid of the poor, then you rich folks can make money off of each other. We'll worry about whose going to cut the fucking grass later.

You rich Folks? God you are an idiot, I am not even close to Rich, I am not even Middle Class. You are a fool.

Imagine a rich guy.

Okay. I am imagining Steve Jobs.

He makes a ton of money selling iPods.

Well, there goes half his buyers!

...clean his own house
...cut his own grass
...cook his own food
...change his own oil
...shovel his own snow
...iron his own clothes
...wash his own laundry

The wife and kids can handle all that.

Any ideas?

Wife and kids.

Ahh, so we'll take the kids out of school and put them to work keeping the mansion yards nicely kept. And the wives of the uber-rich I'm such can't wait to cook and clean all day long.

Good plan. Interesting though that you think having a bunch of kids is the key to economic success. The poor have been trying that for years to no avail!

You rich Folks? God you are an idiot, I am not even close to Rich, I am not even Middle Class. You are a fool.

Ahh - my bad.

So if you disappeared you think the wealthy would have time to add their own sun rooms?

The implication of the Opening Post is that the rich guy couldn't survive without his gardener, which is one of the funniest posts to come down the pike in a long time. :lol:

Welcome to the topsy-turvy brain of the progressive, where up is down and the employer is dependent on the employee for survival.

Last edited:
The rich are hardly productive and instead depend on the productivity of the middle-class for nearly all that they have.

Ahh - my bad.

So if you disappeared you think the wealthy would have time to add their own sun rooms?

Both Groups need Each other. What I am telling you is with out that Rich Man wanting a Sun room, and not wanting to Build it himself, I would be out of a Job.

The people who cut my grass is my landscaper who lives nextdoor. Beautiful home with a thriving business. Covered. Check!

Just showing you OooPah Doo, anyone can be rich or poor in this country of ours. You make your own lot in life.

Last edited:
The implication of the Opening Post is that the rich guy couldn't survive without his gardener, which is one of the funniest posts to come down the pike in a long time. :lol:

I would be sad without the gardener. Perhaps the pool boy could use some extra hours.

What do you think, RDD?

The people who cut my grass is my landscaper who lives nextdoor. Beautiful home with a thriving business. Covered. Check!

And he does all the grass cutting himself I suppose, without hiring out to any ordinary folk.

Impressive he's able to get wealthy like that.

Forum List

Back