How Long Will Obama Shut Down the Government?

Sadly, the Republicans will take the blame on this one

Nobody appreciates all they do for us

So what if they do as long as their standing on principle and what's best for all Americans?

I believe both sides with get the blame and so what...It's a dysfunctional government, no surprise there.

Nah, they're just being a bunch of whiny assholes - much like their base wants them to be - which is why the blame is gonna go mainly to them.

And ya know what's really cool? It won't make a damn bit of difference because the ACA - aka the much-hated-by-idiot-wingnuts-such-as-yourself Obamacare - is gonna go into effect anyway!

Isn't that nice to know? :)

Actually the ACA has been in effect for the last three years, its final provisions coming online next year.

This makes the GOP’s position even more reprehensible, to refuse to fund a measure Congress itself passed, signed into law by the president, and upheld by the courts.

That republicans act in an irresponsible, reprehensible manner comes as no surprise, of course.

So what if they do as long as their standing on principle and what's best for all Americans?

I believe both sides with get the blame and so what...It's a dysfunctional government, no surprise there.

Nah, they're just being a bunch of whiny assholes - much like their base wants them to be - which is why the blame is gonna go mainly to them.

And ya know what's really cool? It won't make a damn bit of difference because the ACA - aka the much-hated-by-idiot-wingnuts-such-as-yourself Obamacare - is gonna go into effect anyway!

Actually the ACA has been in effect for the last three years, its final provisions coming online next year.

This makes the GOP’s position even more reprehensible, to refuse to fund a measure Congress itself passed, signed into law by the president, and upheld by the courts.

That republicans act in an irresponsible, reprehensible manner comes as no surprise, of course.

You mean like the fence on the border?

-Geaux

If history has taught us anything, throwing a tantrum and shutting down the government is not a popular way to win friends and influence people

The Republican obsession with bringing down Obamacare is destroying the party

so why are the dems not defunding obamacare which is not essential to government? dems are obsessed with their obamacare....

It is the law of the land.

If Republicans don't like it, find a way to make it better

Same goes for the fence on the border then.

-geaux

markets.png

It won't be a repeat of his last term, so Obama will hold on as long as he has to. The Republicans will give in when they lose all their campaign funding, as their Corporate donors aren't going to accept a shut-down.

Sooo... expect politicians to be in the pocket of special interests and corporations or their idiots I guess...It makes you wonder who has the best interest of the American people on their minds anymore
Republicans can rant on all they like about this and that, but that is all they can do - at the end of the day if the government shuts down private contracts will collapse, servicemen/women will be unpaid, and there would be a decline in gdp for a whole quarter. They are so desperate to de-fund Obamacare and attack welfare, that they have lost sight of reality. The Republican party should realize that there is only so much the middle class can accept, one shutdown is all it would take to cause a massive loss for the Republicans in 2014. The Republicans that show some sanity will win big in 2014, whereas the tea party/kill the government crowd are going to lose to the Democrats.

I often wonder how many premeditated lies of Obamacare Democrats are willing to accept before they wake up...sheesh. Perhaps you don't mind bending over for your beloved Obamacare but most Americans see it for the catastrophe it is.

I'd worry about this more if your talking elections, recall that Democrats control the Senate and the Presidency (66.66 %)

--------------

For the third week in a row, 30% of Likely U.S. Voters say the country is heading in the right direction, according to a new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey for the week ending September 15.

Confidence in the country's direction rose steadily last fall, peaking at a high of 43% the week before Election Day. It fell steadily after that to a low for the year to date of 26% in mid- to late July.
Right Direction or Wrong Track - Rasmussen Reports?

Last edited:
If history has taught us anything, throwing a tantrum and shutting down the government is not a popular way to win friends and influence people

The Republican obsession with bringing down Obamacare is destroying the party

so why are the dems not defunding obamacare which is not essential to government? dems are obsessed with their obamacare....

It is the law of the land.

If Republicans don't like it, find a way to make it better

The government passes an abundance of laws that are completely loony (Democrats usually), Obamacare is yet another glaring example.

Democrats hold up legislation constantly. "to make it better" ..Gads Dude!

Last edited:
The American people aren’t stupid or easily fooled, they know where the blame belongs:

According to a new CNN/ORC poll, 51 percent of Americans would blame Republicans if there is a shutdown, only 31 percent would blame Obama and another 12 percent would blame both equally. 74 percent of Americans believe a government shutdown that lasts for several weeks would be either a crisis or a major problem.

Similarly, the poll found that if the debt ceiling isn’t raised, 54 percent would blame the GOP while only 25 percent would blame Obama.

GOP Will Be Blamed for Government Shutdown | FDL Action

CNN...:lol:

If that were true, Obama would have never been corruptly re-elected. ie (voter fraud, NSA, IRS and the truth about Benghazi as examples at the tip of the iceberg)

Corruptly re-elected? :lol:

You're on a roll. Why don't people like you stop whining and being sore losers and find a way to work with the other side instead of making shit up?

Why is it OK to exempt certain groups from the New Health Care for a year, but it isn't for the rest of Americans?

Even the software program isn't working right yet.
I think that an extra years reprieve for all Americans should happen.

The American people aren’t stupid or easily fooled, they know where the blame belongs:

If that were true, Obama would have never been corruptly re-elected. ie (voter fraud, NSA, IRS and the truth about Benghazi as examples at the tip of the iceberg)

You're on a roll. Why don't people like you stop whining and being sore losers and find a way to work with the other side instead of making shit up?

What, you just get back from the grammar school playground?

If only Democrat leadership could take your advice....:eusa_think:

Last edited:

What, you just back from the grammar school playground?

I'll take your desire to be the internet grammar police as a concession that you have no answer besides more blubbering and sore loser-isms. :fu:

Why is it OK to exempt certain groups from the New Health Care for a year, but it isn't for the rest of Americans?

Even the software program isn't working right yet.
I think that an extra years reprieve for all Americans should happen.

Good luck getting an answer to that one

-Geaux

I'll take your desire to be the internet grammar police as a concession that you have no answer besides more blubbering and sore loser-isms. :fu:

You got the answer you deserved, quit whinning ...:eusa_hand:

Well, can't blame them. Obama set the standard for irresponsible and reprehensible government. He ignores the Constitution whenever he chooses so we don't need to fund his messes.

You wanted a President that pisses everyone in the world off, can't get along with anyone, never wants to work with anyone unless he absolutely has to, and now you're surprised that this keeps happening???

Because it’s easier to be a partisan rightwing hack than to deal with the facts.

Otherwise, ‘corruptly re-elected’ is hilariously idiotic.

Because it’s easier to be a partisan rightwing hack than to deal with the facts.

What's "hilariously idiotic" is your judgement on the facts...:eusa_shhh:

Last time I checked, you were whining about corrupt elections and blah blah this and blah blah blah that. Jesus Christ, you're a fucking sore loser crybaby. I would offer you a tissue, but a pro-whiner like you must have a lifetime supply from your Kleenex sponsor.

Last time I checked, you were whining about corrupt elections and blah blah this and blah blah blah that. Jesus Christ, you're a fucking sore loser crybaby. I would offer you a tissue, but a pro-whiner like you must have a lifetime supply from your Kleenex sponsor.

Sounds more like your little feelings are hurt and your lashing out like a pouty little girl.

Obama will be responsible for shutting down the government if he won't compromise....

he's having quite a little hissy fit about it...

Obama administration officials repeatedly have said that the president would veto the House bill if sent to him by Congress.

“Congress is not meeting the test of helping middle-class families,” Obama said today at a Ford Motor Co. plant in a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri. “They’re focused on trying to mess with me.”

Republicans Warn of Shutdown as Confrontation Escalates - Bloomberg

I think you need to look up the 1995 Government shut down and how well that worked out for you.

It probably won't even get to a point where Obama will have to veto it.

Either the House will accept the Senate Version that funds ObamaCare, or there will be a shutdown until they can reconcile it, after which house Republicans will get hit with HOLY HELL!!!!

What's "hilariously idiotic" is your judgement on the facts...:eusa_shhh:

Corruptly re elected???? What the fuk is a lumpy? Lumpy are you just making shit up.....again. That works really well for you rethugs. Every day I hear lumps like you make shit up and I have to wonder; why are there not millions and millions more Americans rushing to join the Republican party? Then I realize that there are more Americans than I thought who understand that just making shit up and presenting it as fact, is not a winning combination. Thank God for smart Americans. Not many of which belong to the rethugs party. And that number is decreasing daily. Thank God.

If it wasn't for gerrymandered districts, I don't think a Rethug could win any election.
Rethugs heads are so far up their ass, they don't deserve to ever win an election again.

Forum List

Back