How long can they hold Kim Davis?

I believe that is correct. She is an elected official, ergo cannot be fired. I dunno about recall policies down there.

She can be held as long as she remains in office and in a state of contempt of court.

they have got to let her out sometime. When is that? When is her sentence up?
They MIGHT be able to hold her until her elected term is up. Had she been a democrat she would be home by now.
Um...she IS a Democrat. :rofl: And to make it even better, the judge who put her in jail is a Bush appointee Republican.

214 IQ indeed.

The judge told her she would determine how long she would be in jail. As soon as she agrees to follow the law, or resign and pass her duties to someone else, she's out.

• Banned
The judge told her she would determine how long she would be in jail. As soon as she agrees to follow the law, or resign and pass her duties to someone else, she's out.

I remember when the left thought that unlimited detention without a trial was a violation of someone's human rights...wait...that was only for terrorist and people who want to destroy america. How come the UN isn't complaining...wait...same reason.

She can be held as long as she holds that position, and refuses to obey the law...

What statute are you referring to that says a person can be put in jail for contempt. The fifth amendment actually says no person may be deprived of life, liberty, and property without due process of law. I'm curious what law actually says she can be deprived of her liberty for contempt.

What if the judge wanted to execute her for contempt? Could she do that? Why or why not?

She can be held as long as she holds that position, and refuses to obey the law...

What statute are you referring to that says a person can be put in jail for contempt. The fifth amendment actually says no person may be deprived of life, liberty, and property without due process of law. I'm curious what law actually says she can be deprived of her liberty for contempt.
She had due process, she disobeyed the court, more than once.

"As explained in the People's Law Dictionary by Gerald and Kathleen Hill, "there are essentially two types of contempt: (1) being rude, disrespectful to the judge or other attorneys or causing a disturbance in the courtroom, particularly after being warned by the judge; (2) willful failure to obey an order of the court."[5] Contempt proceedings are especially used to enforce equitable remedies, such as injunctions.[6]"
Contempt of court - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Boo Hoo Hoo, $80,000 a year and now she has to go find a real job.
She will be a symbol of resistance to tyranny and a symbol of religious freedom to Americans who still care. I am sure a job with the AFA or some other pro religious rights group is in the future for her. :)

Boo Hoo Hoo, $80,000 a year and now she has to go find a real job.
She will be a symbol of resistance to tyranny and a symbol of religious freedom to Americans who still care. I am sure a job with the AFA or some other pro religious rights group is in the future for her. :)

Maybe, if that is what she wants. I don't know how long she would be a figurehead but it will be interesting to watch.

Forum List

Back